As US coronavirus cases surpass 4 million, medical experts urge to shut down and start over

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If everyone limited activity to those and other true essentials then we'd all be where NJ and NY are now.

New York has the 4th highest number of confirmed cases.

The problem is that Texas, Florida, Arizona, etc. were not shutting down non-essentials, were not enforcing or encouraging mask-wearing, were allowing everyone to have huge parties and pool parties and go to bars and spread virus as much as possible. That's the part that is getting us to 4 million.

I live in Texas and they did shut down all non essential businesses and they’ve been encouraging everyone to wear masks since March. Now masks are mandatory by law. Now I don’t know about huge parties or pool parties but I do know that bars were also shut down as well as restaurants, fast food, all forms of entertainment facilities, you couldn’t even get a haircut in Texas because everything was closed by law. A lot of businesses went out of business because of the shutdown.

There is no getting rid of covid19 in America without a cure. In the first 5 months we went from 0 cases to 1.1 million in April and since then we’ve rose to over 4 million. If we couldn’t control the spread when it was minuscule there’s no way we can control it now that it’s a widespread outbreak. Sure we can slow the spread but it’s still only postponing the inevitable. Hopefully it gives CDC enough time to come up with a cure because that’s the only thing that’s going to stop it. America would have to declare Marshall Law, force everyone to stay in their homes, and stop all traffic of both people and goods from entering in order to put a stop to it. Even then after that was over it would still emerge again as soon as things resumed back to normal. People can be infected for two weeks without showing any symptoms of it. Covid19 is God’s will and not a single more nor a single less person will die from it than He has planned. Whether we do everything we can or nothing at all nothing is going to change the number of people who are going to die that God has already planned. I comply with the law, I wear a mask, i was my hands, and I trust that God is in control and He knows what He’s doing.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Would you answer my question, please?

If everyone limited activity to those and other true essentials then we'd all be where NJ and NY are now.

here the poster is implying that New York has a low number of infected people when they’re actually number 4 in having the most cases in America.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
here the poster is implying that New York has a low number of infected people when they’re actually number 4 in having the most cases in America.
Are those active cases or overall cases you are counting?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That seems like a pretty big failing on the part of that website. After all, the current state of affairs is far more important than what happened 3 months ago, wouldn't you agree?

Well I think they’re trying to inflate the situation in order to cause people to take better precautions. So some could view it as a stretch of the truth but I think the motivation behind it is for the bigger good. I think the number of active cases might not be as intimidating and cause people to relax & become complacent.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well I think they’re trying to inflate the situation in order to cause people to take better precautions. So some could view it as a stretch of the truth but I think the motivation behind it is for the bigger good. I think the number of active cases might not be as intimidating and cause people to relax & become complacent.
Indeed. I think a more accurate metric of the current status on the CDC site would be the number of new cases over a 7 day period.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Making up a story to support another made up story isn't going to convince many people.
It'll convince enough to feel justified.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
John Smith died of a heart attack because the hospitals shut down elective surgery and he couldn't get his operation.

Mary commuted suicide because of the effects of the lockdown. Joe overdosed..John beat the crap out of his kids..Tim is on the streets because he lost his job...the coin has two sides. Wake up.

I can't help but notice that this is also entirely made up.

It is a weird pattern. Kinda a strange coincidence that we don't get to see the actual fact based reasoning which led to the random opinions being displayed by these posts. Wonder why that might be.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can't help but notice that this is also entirely made up.

It is a weird pattern. Kinda a strange coincidence that we don't get to see the actual fact based reasoning which led to the random opinions being displayed by these posts. Wonder why that might be.
You really need to get away from CNN

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You really need to get away from CNN

Making up even more stuff in response to it being pointed out that your posts contain made up stuff doesn't really do much to dissuade people from thinking there's a pattern forming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you shut the country down again....it's game over.

...but that is the plan..right?
That's mainly on Trumps and his supporter. Obama gave him pamphlets on how to deal with a pandemic. Trump should have called a state of emergency in January or the very beginning of February. He didn't. We had so much knowledge, about how dangerous this could get. We knew that some COVID-19 patients have no fewer or very few symptoms. But could pass it on. And make people very sick. Trump could have got betting testing , mask or took it serious All we had to do, is to quarantine everyone coming to America. Which I thought they were. Nobody want a complete collapse of the economy. Not even Democrats. Trump has done enough damage before COVID-19 started. You guys or your news are just make that stuff up. Because you are defending someone ,that doesn't deserve defending.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Stricter law enforcement? And here I thought Democrats were opposed to that (see Portland).
Democrats aren't against law enforcements. We don't get tired , when we see a cop kneel of someone's neck for about 8 minutes. Beat a mentality ill man to death. And stuff like that. I wish their was no protesting.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Making up even more stuff in response to it being pointed out that your posts contain made up stuff doesn't really do much to dissuade people from thinking there's a pattern forming.
Once again...you need to get away from CNN...It's hard to argue against ignorance.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's mainly on Trumps and his supporter. Obama gave him pamphlets on how to deal with a pandemic. Trump should have called a state of emergency in January or the very beginning of February. He didn't. We had so much knowledge, about how dangerous this could get. We knew that some COVID-19 patients have no fewer or very few symptoms. But could pass it on. And make people very sick. Trump could have got betting testing , mask or took it serious All we had to do, is to quarantine everyone coming to America. Which I thought they were. Nobody want a complete collapse of the economy. Not even Democrats. Trump has done enough damage before COVID-19 started. You guys or your news are just make that stuff up. Because you are defending someone ,that doesn't deserve defending.
Here we go...another what Trump should have done expert.

Let me say it agin....an other shutdown like the last...and it's all over for America.

Upvote 0