'As in the days of Noah' - Are we in those days now?

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think we are.

What was happening back then?

Let's look at the passages we have that speak of that time.

Let's start with Matthew 24

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying,
1."Tell us, when shall these things be? and
2. what shall be the sign of thy coming,
3. and of the end of the world?

Right after he told them one of the pieces of evidence used against him that the temple would be destroyed they ask this question. But it isn't one question, it has three parts, speaking of three times.

When will the Temple be destroyed?
What is the sign of your coming again
When is the end of the world (what is the sign that the end has come)

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes,
in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Many pre-terists take this as showing all these thing have come and gone, but lets not get distracted (this isn't an invitation to speak of preterism so please don't, it's against the rules).

Now Yeshua goes by the list above

1. When will the temple be destroyed? The abomination of desolation is then spoken of. verse 15--

2. What is the sign of your coming again? --this is addressed in verse 23- onward.

It also answers the end of the world question, in part. It tells what will happen but not 'when'.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

My personal belief is that the reason no one could know including Yeshua is because
1. Free will
2. Yeshua was living on the earthly plane at the time.

This ties in with what follows.

37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

what follows is usually what is given more attention , the eating and drinking and the marrying and giving in marriage, but let's look at the 'days of Noah'.

I'm going to post pertinent verses from Genesis 6

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5 And G-D saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them.

--------------------------------------

From these passages we can determine what was happening in the Days of Noah and determine what would happen in the end of the world, which precedes the new heaven and new earth when Yeshua will make all things 'new'.

All the above verses show that there was only one thing going on and that was the the corruption of the creation, mankind, animals, birds, every living thing. This corruption was nothing less than genetic manipulation.

I believe we are in the same days as proceeded the flood and that means that Yeshua will be returning very soon before all is corrupted again with only a handful that have true Adamic genes from which G-d created in him.

The 'earth was filled with violence' meant that violence was and alteration from the perfection that was G-ds creation. The greatest of which was mankind which was made in the image of G-ds.

The word in Hebrew translated as violence is 'hamas', which can mean violence but also 'wrong'. Wrong as in not what G-d created.

Today we see the same thing happening.

Ever since DNA was discovered and that it is found in every living organism man has sought to alter it.

Going back to the Torah we see that there has always been the commandment to not mix species. That even growing two different crops in the same fields were forbidden as they could be cross pollinated.

How far are we from the end?

Humans can be altered in their DNA in their present form, not just in succeeding generations.

princesstatyanna

Mar 25, 2018
Mississippi
✟16,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think we are.

What was happening back then?

Let's look at the passages we have that speak of that time.

Let's start with Matthew 24

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying,
1."Tell us, when shall these things be? and
2. what shall be the sign of thy coming,
3. and of the end of the world?

Right after he told them one of the pieces of evidence used against him that the temple would be destroyed they ask this question. But it isn't one question, it has three parts, speaking of three times.

When will the Temple be destroyed?
What is the sign of your coming again
When is the end of the world (what is the sign that the end has come)

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes,
in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Many pre-terists take this as showing all these thing have come and gone, but lets not get distracted (this isn't an invitation to speak of preterism so please don't, it's against the rules).

Now Yeshua goes by the list above

1. When will the temple be destroyed? The abomination of desolation is then spoken of. verse 15--

2. What is the sign of your coming again? --this is addressed in verse 23- onward.

It also answers the end of the world question, in part. It tells what will happen but not 'when'.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

My personal belief is that the reason no one could know including Yeshua is because
1. Free will
2. Yeshua was living on the earthly plane at the time.

This ties in with what follows.

37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

what follows is usually what is given more attention , the eating and drinking and the marrying and giving in marriage, but let's look at the 'days of Noah'.

I'm going to post pertinent verses from Genesis 6

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5 And G-D saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them.

--------------------------------------

From these passages we can determine what was happening in the Days of Noah and determine what would happen in the end of the world, which precedes the new heaven and new earth when Yeshua will make all things 'new'.

All the above verses show that there was only one thing going on and that was the the corruption of the creation, mankind, animals, birds, every living thing. This corruption was nothing less than genetic manipulation.

I believe we are in the same days as proceeded the flood and that means that Yeshua will be returning very soon before all is corrupted again with only a handful that have true Adamic genes from which G-d created in him.

The 'earth was filled with violence' meant that violence was and alteration from the perfection that was G-ds creation. The greatest of which was mankind which was made in the image of G-ds.

The word in Hebrew translated as violence is 'hamas', which can mean violence but also 'wrong'. Wrong as in not what G-d created.

Today we see the same thing happening.

Ever since DNA was discovered and that it is found in every living organism man has sought to alter it.

Going back to the Torah we see that there has always been the commandment to not mix species. That even growing two different crops in the same fields were forbidden as they could be cross pollinated.

How far are we from the end?

Humans can be altered in their DNA in their present form, not just in succeeding generations.
yes i believe that we are in the end of days.

Upvote 0

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe we are and all the more reason to watch and pray and not to be like the foolish virgins. Matthew 25:1-13.

The way society is going... wouldn't be surprised if we're within a generation of the doom of the world by God's hand.

Upvote 0

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes we are. Wake up! We are not to focus on worldly things. We are to be focused on Jesus

I would get a lot of flak for this but I believe in semi-dispensationalism where the 7 churches, not explicitly being 'ages,' are actually archetypes for all the types of churches in Christianity today. The Laodicean style church is dominant in this day and age.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No we are not in the last days. We are supposed to take care of the needy, not focus on heavenly hocus-pocus.

If it is the end times, then we are urged even harder to take care of the needy. The world isn't like it used to be even 100 years ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
yes i believe that we are in the end of days.
My late father was a deacon in the church that I grew up in. In the 1970's, He was convinced that this world would not make it to the year 2,000. It is now 2018. I am glad that I prepared myself for my future by getting a good education.What if I had been convinced that this world was not going to be here past 1975? What would be the point of going to college? I am glad that I did not put my life on hold in 1975.
Now,as far as the date goes,no one knows when Jesus will return to Earth. But, those of you,who are good at math,will understand this statement. The odds of Jesus returning to Earth,on a Friday, are 7 to 1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes we are. Wake up! We are not to focus on worldly things. We are to be focused on Jesus

This cycle has repeated itself over and over and over since the beginning of the human race. The only difference now is technology, and even then I don't think we are more immoral as a society as the Israelites were sometimes. You don't see torturous child sacrifice, public orgies, prostitution (in most countries), accepted inappropriate behavior with animals (in most countries). Murder is still fairly infrequent and as a society we are much less violent. There hasn't even been a serious war in almost 80 years. Also in the times of Noah men were mating with demons so I don't think we can hardly compare.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Things that were in Noah's day that is now in our day...

dinosaurs..which I believe was genetic manipulation back in Noah's day.. Scientists tweak genes and grow a dinosaur leg on a chicken - ExtremeTech
1024px-Ica_stones3.JPG

In this picture, there is a dinosaur depicted.

"wickedness continually"... where do I begin... and where does it end up?
"out of place" artifacts... things we know understand and know their applications. These artifacts are considered as being "too advanced" for the level of civilization historians like to think of for Noah's day. But I believe differently, just as the pyramids confuddle archaeologists, so does computer parts,
220px-NAMA_Machine_d%27Anticyth%C3%A8re_1.jpg
batteries
220px-Ironie_pile_Bagdad.jpg

vimana-actual.jpeg
and flying machines of Noah's time.

I am sure you can think of other things that make you think we are in Noah's day. We are the generation that has all of these, which were not available in the last century.

• Winner
Reactions: Torah Keeper
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Torah Keeper

Jun 2, 2013
Tennessee
✟37,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I think the Nephilim were probably genetically engineered. And that could be the main reason for the flood and starting over. Noah was perfect in his generations. Well that is understood by many scholars, ancient and modern, to mean perfect in his genetics. As in, he was pure human. Not genetically altered like the Nephilim. And I think the mark of the beast will permanently change DNA. So once you take it, you are not human anymore. That's why there is no going back. No salvation for those who take it.

Upvote 0

hopeon

Apr 28, 2018
Greenville
✟20,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
That goes against scripture which says to His people in Romans *:35-39, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hopeon, perhaps in God's eyes these are no longer considered human and therefore beyond any value for redemption. Equal to the unforgiveable sin.

Edit: The fallen angels were perhaps restricted even further after the flood. Rev. 9:14 mentions some chained until the end time.

Upvote 0