Porirua
✟13,029.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have social anxiety so this 'new world' is like a blessing from God, to me. Face masks, social distancing, lockdown, encouraged to stay home and do things online - Its like a prelude to Paradise. Back 'then' the world was tailored specifically for the extrovert. But now begins the new era of the introvert. Thank you Lord

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟909,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
That social distancing is a good thing for me and may never go back to the way it was before.

Are you kidding? Aside from having a "Doctors think I have covid" scare. I didn't even know COVID was going around for almost the whole year it's been around. If my online friends didn't tell me about COVID and my mom wasn't so scared to death of it I wouldn't have probably even known that it exists. I don't even know what day or time it is without looking at some electronic device of some kind. Otherwise I have to say "I don't know" when people ask me what day or sometimes what year even it is. I mean, I've only been completely isolated (by that I mean sitting in my room playing video games all day or being on the computer all day and only going out in public for school and doctors and other necessary stuff) Since around the internet came out back around 1992 or so. I was born in 1986, do the math :p So, them telling us to isolate back in last March and this virus hitting the world back in last December I knew absolutely NO difference. When I did have to go outside for doctors appointments and stuff and my wife said I had to wear a mask I would be like "Oh yeah, COVID I TOTALLY forgot."

When you've been totally isolated for literally the last 28 years of your life and you're 34 years old telling me to isolate is no major change in my plans. I am NOT an outdoor person and never really was. It's like the American government telling me "Go ahead and continue to be isolated like you were before for almost literally your entire life." Even when I lived in Canada I stayed on the Nintendo for most of the day. I just don't count that time because my friends played on the nintendo with me. We were ALL kind of nerds...

But yeah, I tested negative six times for COVID since this disease has been around and I'm slowly recovering from my pneumonia. Come 2021 I'll be back to having no knowledge that COVID or really any sickness for that matter is around again. One good thing about living a life of isolation is you almost NEVER get sick.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟360,422.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
...this social distancing a good thing. I’ve always disliked people being so close to me while in line. Seriously, I’ve had people sniffing my hair, touching my thighs, my lower back!!!! sneezing by my ear! Yuck :hahaha:.

Upvote 0

VintageAli

Dec 17, 2020
Pacific Northwest
✟8,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That social distancing is a good thing for me and may never go back to the way it was before.

Yikes, absolutely not! I wish we could go back to how it used to be, before all these rules and regulations turned this into a nation of mini-Nazis running around.

I used to be able to go about my daily business without being harassed, even in busy places.

Now I can't go anywhere, not even the grocery store or post office, without anxiety that I may be yelled at, treated rudely or even told to leave, if others view me as a threat (yes, all of the above have happened to me.)

I just want people to leave me alone. :(

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As an ISFP I need my space and time alone but also I don't really mind social interactions. I've to be honest really enjoyed all the time I've had but also I'll be really happy to get out and go somewhere without worrying, lol.
I

IFNP here but feel same way!

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm Enfp and I enjoy my time with my dog. I think I'm ambivert. I do enjoy having fun time with people who are fun. And usually I talk a lot with those I feel at ease. But after that I'm quite exhausted and need alone time to recharge. I think I was happiest when lockdowns were fully on I kinda enjoy walking in peaceful surroundings and usually don't like crowds. I have time to think clearly and not be disturbed.

Upvote 0

angelT17

Jun 28, 2006
Jamdung/Jamrock/Island in the sun
✟21,946.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I enjoy alone time but I also love spending time with others. I understand why introverts would want to continue practicing social distancing post covid.

I noticed that this thread was posted March 2020. I wonder if everyone's stance is the same now (a year later) as it was in March.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

alkaloid

Apr 13, 2021
Toronto
✟10,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I honestly loved it at first too because I was socially anxious, but now I feel like everyone is scared of one another and any human contact. It feels like they're conditioning us for a contactless society, which feels almost inhumane. I get such pleasure smiling at people when out for my daily walks because I miss seeing people's smiles. Everyone is so afraid and I feel like we need to be more kind to others and to show them that we're going to get through this and it'll be okay.

Reactions: thehehe
Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I honestly loved it at first too because I was socially anxious, but now I feel like everyone is scared of one another and any human contact. It feels like they're conditioning us for a contactless society, which feels almost inhumane. I get such pleasure smiling at people when out for my daily walks because I miss seeing people's smiles. Everyone is so afraid and I feel like we need to be more kind to others and to show them that we're going to get through this and it'll be okay.
Agree so much with you. There's nothing worse than seeing in someone else's eyes that they see you as a threat or a danger to themselves.

There are things I still love after more than a year of 'quarantine' or similar situations, like mostly having more time for myself and being a true introvert without people figuring something is wrong with you because you don't want to blend in, but it also deepened the worst aspects of me. I've never been a social person, but now I'm more and more antisocial, even my dearest friends are draining me out like never before - and yet I still dearly love them. Let's hope they do realize that. I wish I could soon relearn to spend time with people rather than living all by myself like I happen to do right now - and enjoy way too much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0