Raleigh
✟16,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are “very sincere in your desire to have God,” and “there is nothing you want more.” Then that is good. It seems however that you have spent a lot of time on extra Biblical readings and even materials that are against Christianity. That is why you are at 20%. Whatever you feed your mind and soul that is what grows, while the other is starved. You said, “I can't count on myself to come to the evidence that would make me believe the Christian claims are probable.” Why not? We are in a somewhat golden age of apologetics. You said, “Thus, I've pleaded with God, very very sincerely, that if he exists, he would lead me to the evidence I need.” You are putting the burden on God and yet you are spending time on the other side of the fence. You said, “Thus he will surely draw me back, right? That is, if he exists at all?” Again, you seem to want Him to magically show everything to you, a special treatment. You need to work on it like the rest of us. Get hold of this book called, “I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist,” by Frank Turek and Norman Geissler. It’s a very easy read and whittles down the cosmological and teleological arguments to why there is reasonably an intelligent deity. Then it goes on to why monotheism is the most reasonable one and why Christianity is the most reasonable monotheistic faith.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“ You are to be Perfect—- even as you Father in Heaven is Perfect.”

Thanks, it really has the saying:

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Don't even the tax collectors do the same? If you only greet your friends, what more do you do than others? Don't even the tax collectors do the same? Therefore, you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Mat. 5:44-48

But, it doesn’t say, one must be perfect to get eternal life. However, it is what we should be. And it makes me wonder why many Christians think it is ok to continue in sin after one is saved.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...Even as a born again Christians we will sin, ...

According to the Bible, if one is born of God, he doesn’t sin.

He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

But, maybe there is a difference in what is meant with sin.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to the Bible, if one is born of God, he doesn’t sin.

He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

But, maybe there is a difference in what is meant with sin.

Lets take this slowly without using verses and chapters as dividing points.

1 john 2 v 29 starts to talk about how the little children may know each other, that continues into chapter 3 v 10.

Then in 1 John 3: 11-24 John tells us how the little children in Christ must live together.

1 John 4, John describes the family in Christ, the gift of the spirit, and the world up to v 10

1 John 4 v 11-21 John explains living a live of love in Christ and the spirit.

1 John 5, John explains that Faith in Jesus Christ as the son of God is the overcoming principle to eternal life against the false teachers.

1John 5:12 is about the relationship the Christian has with Christ and the spirit. He ends the chapter still debating with the false teachers who would claim Christ isn't the son of God and the holy spirit isn't through Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0