The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Nope, but googling is. Google dot com is for children. I do not like someone to make suggestions on what I am trying to find. I want to type something in the address bar and it work.

So, googling is synonymous with searching the internet? Not in my book.

Janice

Googling is fine if you employ some critical thought. A (very) basic knowledge of statistics and logic will go a long way.

Just because you can use Google to find websites on how George Bush's dog was responsible for 9/11 doesn't mean you are obligated to believe everything.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Sorry to be such a dolt in your eyes. You will always go far if you continue to judge people.

Janice

Judge people? I was merely applauding their foresight, as they had already said what I had wanted to say. Is complimenting people against the Bible now?

Upvote 0

catholicbybirth

St. Louis, pray for me.
Aug 11, 2012
Western Kentucky
✟17,029.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Judge people? I was merely applauding their foresight, as they had already said what I had wanted to say. Is complimenting people against the Bible now?

Sorry, I did make a mistake. Sorry about that.

Janice

Upvote 0

catholicbybirth

St. Louis, pray for me.
Aug 11, 2012
Western Kentucky
✟17,029.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Googling is fine if you employ some critical thought. A (very) basic knowledge of statistics and logic will go a long way.

Just because you can use Google to find websites on how George Bush's dog was responsible for 9/11 doesn't mean you are obligated to believe everything.

I have a very basic knowledge of statistics and logic. I know who to think critically. That just means I don't want to waste my time wading through things that are a waste of time by googling, binging and any other search engine who thinks they know what I am looking for.

I also hate the T9 option for texting.

Janice

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

I have a very basic knowledge of statistics and logic. I know who to think critically. That just means I don't want to waste my time wading through things that are a waste of time by googling, binging and any other search engine who thinks they know what I am looking for.

I also hate the T9 option for texting.

Janice

So, what do you use to search the Internet?

Upvote 0

catholicbybirth

St. Louis, pray for me.
Aug 11, 2012
Western Kentucky
✟17,029.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So, what do you use to search the Internet?

I type in the address bar, I usually don't do a lot of searching, for I am not that curious. I guess about what I need.

I just don't want people to tell me what I am looking for. I hate windows, too. It was microsoft's way of dumbing down computers.

I'm a prude, I know. But I am okay with being a prude.

Janice

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

I type in the address bar, I usually don't do a lot of searching, for I am not that curious. I guess about what I need.

You're using Google or one of the other major search engines. Modern browsers have simply incorporated the search function into the address bar. You may be using something else, but that would have meant you put it in there to search.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Also, if you use it properly, Google isn't telling you what you are searching for. I only use the auto-complete to see if anybody has performed a similar search for me. A lot of times, an error message I need to look up has been search before, so I don't have to type it in all the way. But I can find stuff "off the beaten path" so to speak.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,169.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Janice, if you don't want to use Google use Bing. You get a penny for every two searches. I know you're struggling and you might as well get rewarded for searching.

Or use 'good search.' The charity of your choice gets a penny for every search you do.

I use GoodSearch and GoodShop--and sometimes I get better results from Google--so I do ditch searching for charity if I'm not getting the information I need occasionally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

catholicbybirth

St. Louis, pray for me.
Aug 11, 2012
Western Kentucky
✟17,029.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Janice, if you don't want to use Google use Bing. You get a penny for every two searches. I know you're struggling and you might as well get rewarded for searching.

Or use 'good search.' The charity of your choice gets a penny for every search you do.

I use GoodSearch and GoodShop--and sometimes I get better results from Google--so I do ditch searching for charity if I'm not getting the information I need occasionally.

Nope. I don't like bing either. I want to be in control of where I go. Any search engine may not even have access to all the websites that are available.

Do you get the exact same list no matter what search engine you use?

When I have used bing in the past, the websites I need are something a few pages into the list. It is just not worth it.

Janice

Upvote 0