zdt

Feb 19, 2006
Arkansas
✟15,186.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
I'm an Arky. I've lived in Magnolia all my life. As I was skimming through this thread, I saw something that made me think of this quote I found last summer while readying a Columbia County history book, and I thought I'd share:

"Brother Burlison had just completed a fine revival. All week, at both day and night services, the attendance had been good. But as yet no one had joined the church. It was the last service and again the minister 'opened the doors' of the church. Still no one came to join, and the disappointed preacher said: 'Haven't we had a good meeting this week?'

All heads in congregation nodded in agreement.

'Don't any of you want to go to Heaven?' he asked, while looking right at one of the Elmore men who was sitting near the pulpit.

'We like it all right here in Arkansas,' came the reply from sleepy-eyed Ben."

Reactions: DixieBelle
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jusluvm

Apr 16, 2005
✟8,171.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello all you fellow Arkies! Been here over a year and just found this thread.

I'm smack-dab in the middle of the beautiful Ouachita Mountains, sittin' between the Ouachita River and Lake Ouachita. Not one stoplight in the entire county. :D

I love it here---bugs, crazy weather, snakes and all!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

leytonstones

Senior Contributor
Mar 23, 2006
✟45,429.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Can a brit post here? We visited Arkansas last June and had a wonderful time. We were at Van Buren, Fort Smith and Greenwood. Our friends took us to Mount Magazine for breakfast and it was awesome. We are hoping to visit again in October for my husband's birthday.

Blessings

Ley :) :wave:

Upvote 0

leytonstones

Senior Contributor
Mar 23, 2006
✟45,429.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hey Leytonstones..if you check this at some point..I live at the foot of Mount Magazine and my church is in Fort Smith. If you need any help with anything while here..let me know! Just PM me or something!

Thank you so much!! That is such a kind offer. At the moment we have to wait and see how my husband is after treatment. He is having 6 weeks of radiotherapy but to make another trip to the US would do him the world of good. We have met so many lovely people there.

I will stay in touch.

Blessings

Ley :) :wave:

Upvote 0