• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Arizona AG calls for Harris ouster as 'border czar'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by HARK!, May 13, 2021.

1. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,754
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Vice President Kamala Harris must be removed from her role in dealing with the border surge, Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich said

Mr. Brnovich said it’s insulting to watch Ms. Harris make trips to other states for “less-pressing matters” while neither she nor Mr. Biden has visited Arizona or other border states to get an up-close look at the migrants surging across the boundary line from Mexico.

Arizona AG calls for Harris ouster as ‘border czar’

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,885
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Hannity’s show was interviewing an American living by the Rio Grande in Texas tired of the increased number of illegal immigrants crossing his land. Detention centers have tens of thousands of illegals.

I remember in the late 1990’s they were finding dead bodies of migrants in the desert of Arizona as they crossed the border without enough water. If people did not hire them, they would not come. Trump had illegals working as equipment operators on one of his golf courses until it made the news, then they were fired.

3. HARK!

+3,754
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I see them regularly working for homeowners. Asking people not to hire them out of conscience, as they undercut the American worker, isn't working.

Some don't come for work. They come to steal and burglarize.

I know of a man who lives near the border, who is afraid to leave his house for more than 15 minutes. He rushes through the grocery store to get back home, before he is broken into. One day he came home to find his refrigerator being floated across the Rio Grande, to Mexico, on inner tubes.

If they can't cross the border, they can't be hired to undermine American families.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  4. NxNW

NxNW Well-Known Member

+537
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    How are they undermining families?

5. HARK!

+3,754
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    They're competing with legitimate businesses.

6. NxNW

NxNW Well-Known Member

+537
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    So they're starting illegitimate businesses? Which ones?

7. HARK!

+3,754
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    If that's what you want to call it; when the ringleader (who speaks English) brings in his crew from Guatemala (who don't speak English) to do a full remodel on a home.

He gets the job by making an incredibly low bid, which he can do, considering that in Guatemala, his people would have to work all day to buy a $2 screwdriver.

This devalues the labor of American workers. This hurts the breadwinners of American families, which hurts American families.

8. NxNW

NxNW Well-Known Member

+537
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    I don't think this is happening. Such a crew wouldn't have the skill to do the job to code.

9. HARK!

+3,754
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Code?

Do you mean the IBC?

It already happened; and this is just one story that I have knowledge of. It goes on every day in the Southwest.

10. NxNW

NxNW Well-Known Member

+537
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    I have doubts.

11. NxNW

NxNW Well-Known Member

+537
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    I'm pretty sure your post is satire. What, does the guy live in a tent by the river?

12. HARK!

+3,754
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I told you the truth. I didn't make this story up. I don't appreciate you calling me a liar. Sorry if this reality conflicts with your agenda.

13. HARK!

+3,754
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    He's my doctor's father. I don't find it to be amusing.

14. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+3,503
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    So you have never heard of the term working under the table? You have never driven by a Home Depot and see all the men standing around? They are waiting for people to hire them for jobs under the table. You can pull right up and hire one or more yourself if you need yard work done, some are even skilled carpenters and tradesmen. They do have tradesmen in other nations you know.

15. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+3,503
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Just a couple of days ago on msm there was a story about a rancher who found four children on his ranch the oldest was seven the youngest was less than a year if I remember correctly, those kids would have died if the rancher had not by chance found them. Kids are going to die, girls are being sold into sex slavery, people are indentured servants until they pay off their bills for getting across the border, and they know that if they do not pay up their family back home will be killed. AND yet Biden does nothing and the media ignores the problem because they support Biden.

16. dqhall

+2,885
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I lived near Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C. c. 2001-2005. I got robbed while walking to a store to buy a Sunday newspaper. Several cars in the parking lot had punctured tires, including mine. Muggers killed a retiree at the complex where I lived. Someone used to pull the fire alarm in the middle of the night. The elevators stopped working and people evacuated by the stairs. False alarm again.

I live in a gated 55+ community. No one gets mugged here. Occasionally a package is missing, sometimes it was delivered to the wrong place. It was reported in our community Facebook group. There was a bit and ripen accident on bingo night. The lady was caught. An arrest warrant was served for non payment of child support, etc.

17. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+18,716
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    lol, you're kidding, right?

I disagree with a lot of the OP's sentiments, but undocumented workers in the construction trades are a very real thing, as are tons and tons of crews not doing things to code.

18. HARK!

+3,754
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I have a friend who lives in a gated community near the border. Since Biden took office, the gates don't stop the criminals. the houses are being regularly burglarized.

19. dqhall

+2,885
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I lived in bad neighborhoods before, I moved.

During the Great Recession, they were burglarizing empty homes in Florida. Burglars took appliances, well pumps, copper pipes, etc.

When Trump was president he said women living near the border were taking birth control pills as they were afraid of getting raped by illegal immigrants. Congress sent him $30 billion dollars for a border wall. He did not think the deal was good enough. We do not have a wall. Illegals have been coming for decades. No president has been able to build a complete wall.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  20. HARK!

+3,754
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Exactly. How's that working out?