Suffolk, UK
✟7,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If any of you UK students are thinking of going to University Campus Suffolk, don't bother. It's a shambles!

I've just got an email from the accommodation bods. Basically next year I requested they put me in a flat with another mate of mine. They told us they had some two person flats, each with two double rooms. The price would be between £80 and £90 a week. Sounded great to us so we said yes to that.

Turns out it's one double room that's ensuite for £88 a week. The other room is between £83 and £85 a week, and is less than half the size! How on earth do they work that out?! All rooms will apparently be furnished with a bed, desk, wardrobe and chair. That will be impressive because when you have a single bed in this little room, you can't walk round the edges it's so small!

What is even more annoying is that my friend and I already agreed that he would get the ensuite and I'd have the other room, and he definitely won't go back on that now. ARRRGHHH SO ANNOYED.

This isn't even including all the rest of the problems, like how we didn't have an SU bar for half the year, and when we did it was run like a normal bar, and so were the prices? My coursework was lost by the tutors, the exam we had was the same as the exam the year before so there were no practice papers, all the maths notes had mistakes in them which made them almost useless, the accommodation officer is impossible to get a hold of.

Graaah it's just not worth it all :sigh:

/rant

Ironfistchamp

ironfistchamp

Jun 7, 2008
Suffolk, UK
✟7,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Where did I say I'd rather be doing that? If it was required to compare my situation with fighting in Iraq I would have finished with this line:

"Still, I prefer this to fighting in Iraq"

But I did not find that in the TaC, so I didn't put it in. Anyway I don't think they'd want me, I don't work very well under pressure.

Anyway I was just ranting in a forum that I assumed would have other people going through University, and could relate.

Never mind eh?

Upvote 0

Kol

Working on it
Jan 24, 2007
✟12,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand. I'm in college right now. I'm living in a run-down trailer in the middle of nowhere next to cows and chickens. Didn't mean to be argumentative or random, just wanted to suggest that things could be a little worse. But if you really think "it's not worth it at all", then maybe you should give your money and chance at university to someone who would complain about it a bit less. Take what you have and be thankful. :)

Upvote 0

ironfistchamp

Jun 7, 2008
Suffolk, UK
✟7,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Fair play, but I do realise there is always someone that is worse off, and there is always someone better off than you.

And I should have been clearer. By "all not worth it" I meant dealing with the accommodation officer. After reading that back it did seem a bit "Oh I'll just end it all" :p

God has blessed me with another place, and if everyone can get their deposits together in the next day or two, we are sorted.

Upvote 0

unkern

National Guard
Jun 19, 2008
Indiana
✟16,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont have the money to go to a University, but thats ok God has used me in the situation im in right now, and soon ill be moving into the mission field. I was a preschool teacher and now im a swim instructor. Who said you couldnt make it unless you had a college degree? that just insures that your broke.

Upvote 0

ironfistchamp

Jun 7, 2008
Suffolk, UK
✟7,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Sounds pretty cool Unkern!

I wasn't going to go to Uni (sounded like a lot of money for not a lot of knowledge), but I've found that it's been a big part of my healing.

You're right though, you don't need a degree to get somewhere. Just God!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums