Aug 15, 2005
Alabama
Visit site
✟426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So it's past 9 o'clock and completely dark outside and a kid from a few doors down in my apartment complex is standing outside my apartment barking and meowing trying to make my dog bark, which she has twice (she very rarely barks) and is now completely spooked out of her wits. Arg. What makes it worse is that pets are not allowed in my apartment and I've kept her well hidden until now (she's small and quiet). So if his parents, wherever the heck they are, show up to get him, we could be rooted out now.

Beauty4Ashes

All that I need, is a song in my heart. . .
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sorry thats a bit funny but i can see how it would really frusterating too

you shouldnt keep pets when you arent allowed though :p

I'm not allowed pets where i am but i have a rabbit HOWVER i asked them first if it would be ok. He lives in a cage and is very small and clean and quiet.

anyways, the kid sounds like they are TRYING to get you in trouble. I'm sorry.

Upvote 0

HopeFaithLove4u

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm 2 die 4
Aug 23, 2007
✟21,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
you shouldnt keep pets when you arent allowed though :p

I had a cat for 14 years that went from apt. to apt. with me and I never let anyone know I had a cat.....I'm sure someone here or there figured it out and nothing was ever said to me.

Upvote 0

Beauty4Ashes

Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a cat for 14 years that went from apt. to apt. with me and I never let anyone know I had a cat.....I'm sure someone here or there figured it out and nothing was ever said to me.

yea i know it happens.

I couldnt do it however...i'd just feel too guilty. i'm a really bad liar. I've missed out on quite a few places cuz i fessed up i had a pet, however even had friends living in those same buildings that did have small pets they kept secretly

:doh:

Upvote 0

HopeFaithLove4u

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm 2 die 4
Aug 23, 2007
✟21,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
yea i know it happens.

I couldnt do it however...i'd just feel too guilty. i'm a really bad liar. I've missed out on quite a few places cuz i fessed up i had a pet, however even had friends living in those same buildings that did have small pets they kept secretly

Awww, you shouldn't feel guilty......I know it's not exactly telling the truth......but I, actually, thought of it as lying by omission. ^_^
Because, altough, I never was really asked by the person if I had a pet....I never really volunteered the information. ;)

So, I never thought of having a pet, at a place where they said "no pets" was a big deal. Unless, my cat destroyed the apt......then I would've gladly paid to fix anything.

Upvote 0

rodgeam

Aug 15, 2005
Alabama
Visit site
✟426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yea i know it happens.

Well I've never had to lie about it...the issue has not come up so far. I took over this apartment from a friend in the middle of the semester because I had to go somewhere and he was moving. But there's even a no pets sign at the entrance. It's only a small fine charged if they are found though (according to the lease), so I am taking the risk because my dog is worth it to me. Besides, she's much less destructive and bothersome than the neighbor's kid...

Upvote 0

Beauty4Ashes

Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yea if i see it says no pets i always ask them right up front what that entails and tell them about my rabbit. a lot of people just hang up on you. But the place I'm in now was NO PETS and they were amazingly ok with it. I think a lot of good landlords appreciate the honesty if you are upfront with them. Besides I just trusted that God had the right place for me and that the right place would accept both me and my pet...sure it took some major looking but in the end God came through. It would be the same if I got married and still had a pet. If he wasnt willing to take me and the pet, he wouldnt be right for me. I wouldnt lie and hide the pet from him (obviously that would be kind of hard anyway :p) but you get my point.

I hope you dont think i'm attacking you because I dont care if people keep pets and arent supposed to. Its not my problem. This is just how I feel and my experience. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beauty4Ashes

Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I've never had to lie about it...the issue has not come up so far. I took over this apartment from a friend in the middle of the semester because I had to go somewhere and he was moving. But there's even a no pets sign at the entrance. It's only a small fine charged if they are found though (according to the lease), so I am taking the risk because my dog is worth it to me. Besides, she's much less destructive and bothersome than the neighbor's kid...

yea the neighbors kid sounds worse. If the building said NO KIDS, it would be a bit harder to keep that a secret. I remember having to live temporaily, staying with someone in an apartment that was NO KIDS when my mom was a recent single mom. We had to be soo quiet and we were going through a really hard time..but we didnt get to stay long. :( I thought it was really unfair at the time a there was very little housing available. :(

Upvote 0
S

SonicBOOM

yea the neighbors kid sounds worse. If the building said NO KIDS, it would be a bit harder to keep that a secret. I remember having to live temporaily, staying with someone in an apartment that was NO KIDS when my mom was a recent single mom. We had to be soo quiet and we were going through a really hard time..but we didnt get to stay long. :( I thought it was really unfair at the time a there was very little housing available. :(

geez! No kids allowed? How does the place stay in busness? Over 7/8 of people have children living with them..... thats so dumb. This is why I don't wanna "manage" anything, people who "manage" stuff act like tirants. They tend to be the coldest and most selfish people on the planet. Make money money

ok rant over :p

Upvote 0