• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Are you taking your pills wrong? Your posture can make a huge difference. According to the latest science, here’s what you need to do...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe you’ve got a headache. Or your back is acting up again after a particularly active weekend. In any case, you've got some pain. And the modern solution to that discomfort (along with countless other ailments) is to pop a pill. You could also be one of the 86% of Americans that regularly takes a vitamin or supplement. Down the hatch! You're probably not thinking about your body position when you take a pill, right?

I definitely don't. I know some people only take a pill with a proper amount of water (eight ounces, ideally at room temperature), but I've been known to toss back my medication or supplements with coffee, a protein shake or, I'm afraid to say, a beer. But a new Johns Hopkins University study has found that your posture can make a big difference in how fast your body absorbs the pill. And the wrong posture can delay how fast the medicine is broken down and absorbed—by as much as an hour or more. That's a huge difference. Especially when you're taking a pain reliever.

Researchers found that the ideal position is reclining, while leaning to your right side. This speeds up absorption of the pill by about 13 minutes, compared to simply staying upright. Leaning to the left, however, was found to slow absorption by more than an hour.

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: tturt