Are you pro-life but won’t vote for Trump? Here’s why you should vote for him anyway

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,678,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This critically important U.S. presidential election must NOT be about personalities.

October 9, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – The presidential election must not be about personalities, not about less-than-perfect lives, not about disagreeable tweets and crude comments.

This election is about what kind of country you, your children and grandchildren will live in, what kind of policies and principles that will affect us way into the future.

Paramount is restoring protection of the unborn. We must recognize that abortion is the issue. Tearing millions of babies apart, limb from limb, and crushing their skulls, or killing them with chemicals is the issue!

No candidate who endorses and promotes the current abortion holocaust is qualified for public office.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are radical pro-abortion proponents: abortion of any unborn baby, right up to birth – no restrictions, no regulations and paid for with our tax dollars, no matter conscience or religious objections.

President Donald Trump, along with his administration, has done more than any other U.S. president in history to implement public policies in support of the unborn (see list here).

Continued below.
Are you pro-life but won’t vote for Trump? Here’s why you should vote for him anyway

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Trump soon will have three justices on the Court, and Thomas and Breyer have indicated a desire to retire. Trump very well could end up appointing a majority of the SC. When Roe goes down, my votes for Trump will have supported its rightful demise. A small amount of support perhaps, and maybe even merely symbolic for having come from NYS, but still important.

Upvote 0

Leet

Feb 24, 2015
✟77,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Attachments

• 20201011_103508.png
    20201011_103508.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟231,093.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are radical pro-abortion proponents: abortion of any unborn baby, right up to birth – no restrictions, no regulations and paid for with our tax dollars, no matter conscience or religious objections.
This statement made in the article isn't true.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟231,093.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I beg to differ.
Biden has said that he doesn't condone abortion. His decision to support Roe v. Wade relates to the Constitution, not his personal beliefs or the Church. As for late term abortion and or supporting abortion right up to birth, Biden has made it clear that he's against it. There's also no evidence that Harris supports abortion until the time of birth, much less late term abortion with no restrictions or regulations.

The article is making a false statement (bearing false witness) when it says Biden and Harris support "abortion of any unborn baby, right up to birth – no restrictions, no regulations and paid for with our tax dollars, no matter conscience or religious objections".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟231,093.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Except it is true.
Can you provide evidence where either Biden or Harris has said that they support abortion of any unborn baby, right up to birth with no restrictions and no regulations?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,678,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biden has said that he doesn't support abortion. His decision to support Roe v. Wade relates to the Constitution, not his personal beliefs or the Church. As for late term abortion and or supporting abortion right up to birth, Biden has made it clear that he's against it. There's also no evidence that Harris supports abortion until the time of birth, much less late term abortion with no restrictions or regulations.

The article is making a false statement (bearing false witness) when it says Biden and Harris support "abortion of any unborn baby, right up to birth – no restrictions, no regulations and paid for with our tax dollars, no matter conscience or religious objections".
No I’m afraid not. Joe is a waffle and goes with the direction the wind blows. His Catholicism has come into question given what he advocates for. Catholic clergy have spoken out against his version of Catholicism and he has even been denied communion. But he keeps touting (his version) of what it means to be a (practicing) Catholic. What Joe says and what Joes does is two very different things. You are in the Catholic forum btw and are not allowed to debate here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Can you provide evidence where either Biden or Harris has said that they support abortion of any unborn baby, right up to birth with no restrictions and no regulations?

Read between the lines.

He plans to restore federal funding for Planned Parenthood.
The former VP made this announcement in his health care plan, citing how the Obama–Biden administration repeatedly "fought Republican attacks" on the organization. For example, during Obama's final months in the White House before Trump's swearing in, his administration passed a regulationsaying that states with federal funding for family planning can't discriminate against Planned Parenthood and providers like it.

Biden said he will release guidance to keep states from blocking Medicaid funding from Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers, as well as reverse Trump's domestic gag rule.

He's endorsed by Planned Parenthood.
The organization announced its official endorsement of Biden for president in June.

"Joe Biden is the only candidate in this race who will stand up for our health and our rights," acting president Alexis McGill Johnson said in a statement. "He was instrumental in the creation of the Affordable Care Act, which expanded birth control with no co-pay to 63 million women, and in helping to ensure that sexual and reproductive health care was accessible across the country. He has spoken out for LGBTQ+ rights, and against the systemic racism in this country that is costing Black people their lives. Biden has committed to champion access to sexual and reproductive health care — including access to abortion — and to fight for our communities. When he left the Senate, Vice President Joe Biden had a 100% voting record from Planned Parenthood Action Fund, and has been clear he is ‘100% for sexual and reproductive health.’ And we are going to hold him to that."

Read more of Planned Parenthood's endorsement of Biden here.p

He wants to protect Roe v. Wade and stop state restrictions on abortion access.
"As president, Biden will work to codify Roe v. Wade, and his Justice Department will do everything in its power to stop the rash of state laws that so blatantly violate the constitutional right to an abortion, such as so-called TRAP laws [or targeted restrictions on abortion providers], parental notification requirements, mandatory waiting periods, and ultrasound requirements," Biden's plan states.

The Supreme Court ruling of Roe v. Wade in 1973 made abortion legal in the United States, but states were still able to place restrictions on the procedure. At this stage, more than 20 states are poised to ban abortion if Roe v. Wade is overturned. Just this year, states like Florida and Mississippihave implemented abortion limitations.

The former vice president said that he wants to "codify" Roe v. Wade, as it isn't included in the Constitution.

In an NBC town hall, Biden addressed the possibility of Judge Amy Coney Barrett overturning Roe v. Wade if she is confirmed as a Supreme Court Justice. "Number one, we don’t know exactly what she will do, although expectation is that she may very well move to [overrule] Roe," he said. "And the only thing, the only responsible response to that would be to pass legislation making Roe the law of the land. That’s what I would do."

Upvote 0

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

umm... their platform.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This critically important U.S. presidential election must NOT be about personalities.

Continued below.
For a Never Trumper to vote for Biden would be sick.

First, Biden is not a nice guy. That was clear at the debate. He is a nasty fellow when he wants to be. Not at all mister nice.

Second, he is claiming to be a good Catholic but he's a bad Catholic. He's pretending to be someone he is not.

Third, he has been on one side AND the other on almost everything including having babies killed.

Fourth, he's well past his freshness date.

Fifth, as with Trump there is a creepiness factor, but it isn't necessarily all in his past. Kamala Harris even said she believed his accusers.

A Never Trumper is IMHO a good thing, but one who instead voted for Biden has sold his or her soul in the process.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I keep hearing all these sermons i listen to say its my civic duty to vote. So i registered to vote today...i am honestly torn about it. I dont like how Trump and republicans have handled the race issue but i dont see the democrats doing any better once they get in. Racism goes back long before Trump

I just feel very guilty either way. Theres issues on both sides that bother me alot. I have much compassion for those who are oppressed but im also strongly against planned parenthood, which also affects the poor and oppressed (more then it does anyone else)

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I keep hearing all these sermons i listen to say its my civic duty to vote. So i registered to vote today...i am honestly torn about it. I dont like how Trump and republicans have handled the race issue but i dont see the democrats doing any better once they get in. Racism goes back long before Trump

I just feel very guilty either way. Theres issues on both sides that bother me alot. I have much compassion for those who are oppressed but im also strongly against planned parenthood, which also affects the poor and oppressed (more then it does anyone else)
You do know you have other choices than Biden or Trump?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

Maybe examine what Trump has done for the black community vs the Democrats if that is your main concern.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe examine what Trump has done for the black community vs the Democrats if that is your main concern.
I see a few different ways of interpreting that so its tough for me to respond. Not trying to be difficult with you, but there are other things that make me hesitant with Trump. Im just gonna try to do some more research, pray to God and be at peace
You do know you have other choices than Biden or Trump?
Kanye West?

That was a joke but i will look into the other candidates. I kind of feel like thats a cop out because they have no chance...for me personally, but i certainly have no issue with someone else voting for another candidate, trump or biden

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Kanye West?
Among other, yes.
That was a joke but i will look into the other candidates. I kind of feel like thats a cop out because they have no chance...for me personally, but i certainly have no issue with someone else voting for another candidate, trump or biden
It's no cop out to vote for a good but losing candidate. Most people are voting for Trump to stop Biden OR voting for Biden to stop Trump. That's the cop out, voting for someone you don't want just to stop someone worse.

Upvote 0