Are you a sinner saved by grace?

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Or are you a son or daughter of the most high God?

Romans 8:14

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God
I'm a sinner saved by grace, as you are, unless you claim to be perfect in the flesh.
Plucking verses out at random is great, providing you don't mind others doing it also:

If we are faithless
He remains faithful
For he cannot disown himself
2Tim2:13

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I know I am led by the Spirit of God. But it's hard, and sometimes the patience I am forced to endure can be excruciating, since I feel I have a lot to impart to others but people do not care nor have any patience to listen to me it seems.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe I am both. Scriptures say that when we are saved by grace that we become sons or daughters of God.

It is true that we are both, except that one is in the past tense. We were sinners, now we are saints. When you read the gospels, you see the apostles constantly using positive statements about our identity in Christ. We are saints, we are the redeemed, reconciled to God who worship in the beauty of holiness. Today, I hear more about how we are all washed up. "I am just a sinner saved by grace, etc" Now don't think that is me looking down my nose at anyone. I can completely relate to needing the mercy of God at all times. It isn't how the bible tells us to think about ourselves, however.

Now, it's true that the apostle Paul called himself the chief of sinners, but he also told us why he said that; because he persecuted Gods church. Clearly, he wasn't doing that at the time he wrote that. The way that we think about ourselves will determine a lot in our walk with the Lord. If we think of ourselves as defeated then we will be (as a man thinks in his heart so he is), but if we stand upon what God says: that we are called of God, righteous because of Christs blood, and having authority over serpents and scorpions, then we will be that with the mercy and grace of Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

RGW00

Jul 29, 2017
Kentucky
✟15,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is true that we are both, except that one is in the past tense. We were sinners, now we are saints. When you read the gospels, you see the apostles constantly using positive statements about our identity in Christ. We are saints, we are the redeemed, reconciled to God who worship in the beauty of holiness. Today, I hear more about how we are all washed up. "I am just a sinner saved by grace, etc" Now don't think that is me looking down my nose at anyone. I can completely relate to needing the mercy of God at all times. It isn't how the bible tells us to think about ourselves, however.

Now, it's true that the apostle Paul called himself the chief of sinners, but he also told us why he said that; because he persecuted Gods church. Clearly, he wasn't doing that at the time he wrote that. The way that we think about ourselves will determine a lot in our walk with the Lord. If we think of ourselves as defeated then we will be (as a man thinks in his heart so he is), but if we stand upon what God says: that we are called of God, righteous because of Christs blood, and having authority over serpents and scorpions, then we will be that with the mercy and grace of Jesus Christ.
Perhaps you don't know what sinners saved by grace means. I agree with everything else you are saying here, but we are still sinners saved by grace. That means that we are no longer sinners.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RGW00

Jul 29, 2017
Kentucky
✟15,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am a sinner. But whether I am saved or not, I don't think so not yet. But my desire is to follow Jesus.
If you believe in Jesus, admit your sins, and confess that you are a sinner, and you feel renewed from it, then you are saved. I know that's probably what you hear everyday but it's true. If you desire to follow Jesus and you notice that in the back of your mind throughout your day, then you are saved, rest assured.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Or are you a son or daughter of the most high God?

Romans 8:14

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God

I am a daughter of the most high God.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Yes, I've heard Calvary Chapel ministers on the radio justify sin by saying Paul claimed to be the chief of sinners. It makes me want to cry they teach that was present tense. Becoming a child of God was possible because when we repented and turned to Christ, He gave us His own Spirit to walk in. So as we walk in the Spirit we become righteous. Paul would not let the flesh be resurrected. He said, I die daily.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I am a sinner. But whether I am saved or not, I don't think so not yet. But my desire is to follow Jesus.

I see the Holy Spirit is drawing you out of darkness and into the light. What you need is the Holy Spirit inside you, not just on the outside drawing you. So that is what I want you to pray. Ask Jesus to fill you with His own Spirit. That is how you will belong to Christ.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
2 Timothy 2:13 was quoted, but here is the context.

11 For if we died with Him,
We shall also live with Him.
12 If we endure,
We shall also reign with Him.
If we deny Him,
He also will deny us.

13 If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself

Do not be faithless and deny Christ.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I see the Holy Spirit is drawing you out of darkness and into the light. What you need is the Holy Spirit inside you, not just on the outside drawing you. So that is what I want you to pray. Ask Jesus to fill you with His own Spirit. That is how you will belong to Christ.

I will definitely do that. Thank you and bless

Upvote 0