Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have chosen "parousia" which means second coming, and yet you don't believe He is coming again?

Parousia actually translates into "Presence or Arrival"

Just because Catholics don't believe in a thousand year reign on earth doesn't mean they are not waiting for His return. What exactly DO you believe

We Catholics Believe Jesus "Comes" every day in the Eucharist, that is His PRESENCE. We believe, as scripture teaches, That the Church is the very BODY of CHRIST on earth.

not your scoffing at what the Bible says.

Rather I AFFIRM what the Bible says.... In fact, I've given you several verses that you so far have only scoffed at or ignored or tried to spiritulaize away into the ether...

• Useful
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus is coming very soon.

All the divinely inspired Apostles said EXACTLY the same thing 2000 years ago.

Why do you want me to believe their claims of nearness were false but yours are correct?

When faced with these two POLAR OPPOSITE claims, that of the infallible, Divinely inspired apostles or that of random 21st century fallible internet pontificator 1stcenturylady, My money is on the apostles.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

I mean scientists can't figure out why were getting so many earthquakes. But followers of Christ know why. Its because Jesus's return is getting closer and closer. How can the world not see this? Anyway... are we living in the last days? Why or why not?

Yes. We have been in the end since humans murdered the Word of God when He came to us in the form of a Son of Man. Clock started technically while He was walking the earth as Son of Man.

But, I wouldn't say scientists can't figure out why we are getting so many earthquakes. Laypersons can figure it out; we should start trusting ourselves and our God-given conviction of spirit.

Upvote 0

ac28

Oct 29, 2013
✟46,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There have been some corrections to the past that puts the end of 6000 years to be 2023 AD, but you're on the right track. Not knowing the day nor the hour doesn't mean the year or season.
I would be very interested in knowing those corrections.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I would be very interested in knowing those corrections.

This is from a fellow on another site - WorthyChristianForums.com, I haven't read his findings to be sure, but you can read what he says. I will, just haven't taken the time yet. From the post "the identity of the two witnesses of Revelation"

Quote: I calculate the year 2023 because of the current year we are in since creation. The Anno Mundi year is off by around 213 years. We are now in the year 5992 YB, the true year since the beginning. You can read my study on how I calculated this year here The Current Year Since Creation, and When the Sabbath and Jubilee Years Are | Wisdom of God

let me know what you think

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

We Catholics Believe Jesus "Comes" every day in the Eucharist, that is His PRESENCE. We believe, as scripture teaches, That the Church is the very BODY of CHRIST on earth.

Rather I AFFIRM what the Bible says.... In fact, I've given you several verses that you so far have only scoffed at or ignored or tried to spiritulaize away into the ether...

The word is used 24 times in the New Testament.[13] Of these, six uses refer to the coming of individuals: Stephanas, Fortunatus, and Achaicus (1Co.16:17), Titus (2Co.7:6 & 7) the physical "presence" of Paul himself (2Co.10:10, Php.1:26, 2:12), and a 7th use to the "coming of the lawless one" (2Thess.2:9). The other seventeen uses refer to the Second Coming of Christ, except the one case in which it refers to the coming of the "Day of God" (2Pe.3:12, see also The Day of the Lord).

• Useful
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Catholics believe in the second coming of Christ, so what are you?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But, I wouldn't say scientists can't figure out why we are getting so many earthquakes. Laypersons can figure it out; we should start trusting ourselves and our God-given conviction of spirit.

Earthquake Frequency is either Flat [stable] or Decreasing though...

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Catholics believe in the second coming of Christ, so what are you?

I believe as the Creed states:

"He will come again in Glory to Judge the Living and the dead."

I have never claimed otherwise.

• Useful
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I believe as the Creed states:

"He will come again in Glory to Judge the Living and the dead."

I have never claimed otherwise.

You've referred to the Eucharist and everything BUT the literal second coming of Christ, so,yes, you've claimed otherwise. You believe what you want. You clearly hold me in contempt with your name calling, and everyone else as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You've referred to the Eucharist and everything BUT the literal second coming of Christ, so,yes, you've claimed otherwise. You believe what you want. You clearly hold me in contempt with your name calling, and everyone else as well.

Name calling?
Contempt?

Please quote the post where I called you a name in contempt, or retract the accusation.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You are the one claiming the Apostles were wrong to assert that the coming of Christ was "near, Soon, at hand, About to take place, and must shortly come to pass" 2000 years ago.

I simply take them at their word.

If your theology needs to render their infallible, divinely inspired testimony of it's nearness TO THEM as incorrect, untrustworthy and in need of twisting and spiritualizing away into meaningless drivel, then that is your burden.

You expect me to render their claims as meaningless and non literal but your exact same claims as literal, with nothing to back it up beside your own personal "feelings".

Again, I side with the Apostles.

You don't have to.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Name calling?
Contempt?

Please quote the post where I called you a name in contempt, or retract the accusation.

Edit:
Are you referring to this?:
"random 21st century fallible internet pontificator"

That applies to ALL OF US... including me. (and you)

We are all random, 21st-century FALLIBLE internet pontificators.

My preference is always to side with the Apostolic testimony when I find it conflicts with the fallible opinions contained in a random internet post.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Name calling?
Contempt?

"21st century fallible internet pontificator 1stcenturylady

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"21st century fallible internet pontificator 1stcenturylady

See my Post #53 right Above yours.

We are ALL random 21st century internet pontificators.

The Shoe fits you and me.

You (and I) are Random- anonymous - we each have no idea of the others actual identity.

You (and I) live and operate in the 21st century

You (and I) Are FALLIBLE - would both could be absolutely wrong, or even just slightly wrong... either way, our opinions are NOT Infallible

You (and I) communicate on the Internet

You (and I) Pontificate - we express our OPINIONS in a way that we each believe is above reproach and unquestionable.

Neither of us have prefaced our own claims with "I very well could be wrong, but here's what I believe and here's why..." have we now?

Nope.

It is one area i'm working on, however, and thank you for helping bring this shortcoming of mine to my attention, by reflecting it with your own actions.

My enthusiasm for the Apostolic testimony often gets in the way of my own self check... Perhaps you, like me, feel you could benefit from a good old fashion dose of humility now and again?

But maybe you don't think you need it?
I guess time will tell for both of us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You are the one claiming the Apostles were wrong to assert that the coming of Christ was "near, Soon, at hand, About to take place, and must shortly come to pass" 2000 years ago.

Never. If you are going to continue your tirade I'll just ignore you.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
See my Post #53 right Above yours.

We are ALL random 21st century internet pontificators.

The Shoe fits you and me.

You (and I) are Random- anonymous - we each have no idea of the others actual identity.

You (and I) live and operate in the 21st century

You (and I) Are FALLIBLE - would both could be absolutely wrong, or even just slightly wrong... either way, our opinions are NOT Infallible

You (and I) communicate on the Internet

You (and I) Pontificate - we express our OPINIONS in a way that we each believe is above reproach and unquestionable.

Neither of us have prefaced our own claims with "I very well could be wrong, but here's what I believe and here's why..." have we now?

Nope.

It is one area i'm working on, however, and thank you for helping bring this shortcoming of mine to my attention, by reflecting it with your own actions.

My enthusiasm for the Apostolic testimony often gets in the way of my own self check... Perhaps you, like me, feel you could benefit from a good old fashion dose of humility now and again?

But maybe you don't think you need it?
I guess time will tell for both of us.

Ignoring.

• Agree
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Earthquake Frequency is either Flat [stable] or Decreasing though...

The context is diverse places. We can ignore Greece, and California, and watch for places like the UK and Kansas, for example. We are also looking at intensity, and reasons why earthquakes are happening in divers places (e.g. fracking, nuclear tests).

Of course seismicity has been constant over a geological instant (~100 years) with minor fluctuations. But, that is just taking the mass of data and making a average. To use the statistical data, it needs to be in context.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
There have been many signs over the last 100 years that Jesus's return might be closer than we all think. How close? I dont know. Stephen Hawking posted a quote that he thought the world might end within the next 100 years because of resources depleteing and whatnot. But if Jesus comes back in the next 100 years im ready and I'm not worried at all. Come Lord Jesus! There have been many signs that Jesus's return is near though. Gun violence, earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, a war that's been going on for 17 years now that will seemingly never end and might escalate into ww3. It seems like ww3 is just around the corner and many fear it will be a nuclear war of deadly porportions. The president is already talking about war with North Korea because they refuse to disarm their nuclear weapons and keep threatening nuclear war against America. I mean ww3 is only a matter f time.

I mean scientists can't figure out why were getting so many earthquakes. But followers of Christ know why. Its because Jesus's return is getting closer and closer. How can the world not see this? Anyway... are we living in the last days? Why or why not?
Like some of the other posters ..I understand that every generation should be looking for Christ return ...as a matter of fact , Jesus told a parable where a wicked servant said in his heart , My Lord delays His coming and began to eat and drink and smite his fellow servants ...so it troubles me when believers are not busy about the Lord's business ...more or less saying " everything continues the same as our fathers ..where is the promise of His return " ..( 2nd Peter 3:3 ) Jesus said it would be both like in the days of Noah and in the days of Lot ...Noah was moved with fear and built an ark ..Noah knew by the spirit of Gd that God would not allow things to continue ...of course one of the main things I see is the apostasy spoken of which must first come ..I have every reason to believe that we are in that time .( 2nd Timothy Chapter 3 ...which describes BELIEVERS . ) I do not believe in a literal anti-christ ...I believe in a false body of christ just as there is a real body of believers but the false body of christ is after man and not God ...Man is on the throne as God . I do not know the day nor the hour but can see enough unlove and untruth among christians to believe that we are in a season of darkness .

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For me.. and yes last days YES best time ever. But I look at like.. well the earth has always reacted to SIN. God told Israel that if you do the same sins the earth will spit you out. So the earth reacts to sin. And the more sin the more the earth reacts.

And yes.. live even moment as if CHRIST is coming NOW. You will never miss Him. Since I was never promised tomorrow..to prepare is wise but.. I was only promised NOW..today. So I expect live as if HE is coming NOW! And then to KNOW I am keeping my mind on Him and HE said OT if I keep my mind on Him He will keep me in perfect peace.. AWESOME promises!

He can come any moment.. I live like that..yet its not time it. Well I know the Father is out there saving His creation. He controls time. So this can last another hour or another 30 years. I am ALL for that. Its not my creation or kids...I have no say anyway.. and I am living forever now. He said if I believe He will give ever lasting life. He can not lie

Upvote 0