• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Are we evolving?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Sinful2B, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Edx

Edx Senior Veteran

+106
    Atheist
    ?

2. Wiccan_Child

Wiccan_Child Contributor

+602
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Still chewin' on it, huh?

3. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,712
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    [​IMG]

uh-uh

been a bit distracted....can't fathom gonads or gnomes or goonies or such..

my computer's been dying...i think it has virus...can't get a new one yet.....CF was down fer a while...i've been chasing drug dealers and freakin' out panhandlers and just went to my dentist and i need a break....

:swoon:

i hang out mostly on the fun threads now

4. Gracchus

Gracchus Senior Veteran

+753
    Pantheist
    Single
    US-Others
    It is a good thing to discover your intellectual limitations.

If it is a software problem, buying a new computer is overkill. If it is a hardware problem, it might be repairable.

Such things happen. If it was down for you, it was down for everyone.

Judging from the content of your posts, you have already caught up with way too many of them.

Like so?

Matthew 5:42 "Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."

Aww ...

I think we understand. It can't be much fun to have your hiney handed to you when you dispute with the big folks.

Come on back when your teeth don't hurt.

:wave:

5. mpok1519

mpok1519 Veteran

+312
    Christian
    Single
    I'd say yes we are evolving.

And if you keep a tiger or many tigers in a zoo for that matter, it won't keep their wild population from evolving.

6. Gracchus

Gracchus Senior Veteran

+753
    Pantheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Evolution walks on two legs: Variation and selection. With a total human population of over six billion persons, there is a great deal of variation. The next big (and inevitable) extinction event will remove a great deal (if not all!) of that variation by ruthless selection.

So: Yes, we are still evolving.

:wave:

7. brinny

+107,712
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    hehehe i guess you told me, didn't ya'? :swoon:

i've only just begun with the drug dealers...my city is over run with them...older people scared to come out of their homes....a city shrouded in fear.....a city void of a heart and soul...a city i love...i don't like bullies, never did. i'm just starting.

The panhandler? hee hee yer cute. i speak to them, ask them why they're asking for money. I give money, sometimes in $20.00 increments to other 'panhandlers', like the older guy in the wheelchair who sits outside the dept of housing...or an older female who was lying on the concrete one cold morning, probably drunk. and as i had this male passerby help me get her up, i found out her name, etc. Care to hear more?

But back to this particular panhandler...yes, aah, he was a bit different. He got freaked out after i had a conversation with him and he actually insisted i take the money back.

Yer a gem. It's been delightful responding to yer post :)

Peace,
    Brenda

8. brinny

+107,712
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    How do you find out what is causing the problem?

9. DoubtingThomas29

DoubtingThomas29 Senior Member

+72
    Atheist
    Single
    I tend to believe that terroists will attack us with a genetically engineered virus, and only like one million humans will not die from it, because of their sophisticated immune system. Other humans may be saved, but when they reproduce, they won't give humans for offspring, they'll yield a new species with an immune system capable of fighting off the virus.

Probably will happen in the next thirty or forty years if not sooner.

10. Gracchus

Gracchus Senior Veteran

+753
    Pantheist
    Single
    US-Others
    If you clear some of your message space, I will PM you. We should not derail the thread.

:sorry:

11. mpok1519

mpok1519 Veteran

+312
    Christian
    Single
    we evovle

12. mpok1519

mpok1519 Veteran

+312
    Christian
    Single
    into apes

13. Danyc

Danyc Senior Member

+94
    Humanist
    Single
    Um

We are apes

14. brinny

+107,712
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    does that mean i'll be visiting you at the zoo?

15. AintNoMonkey

AintNoMonkey Regular Member

+61
    Non-Denom
    Single
    You must be jesus, because you have just resurrected the dead.

16. mpok1519

mpok1519 Veteran

+312
    Christian
    Single
    We are a zoo.

ever watch TV?

ever observe people in their little cages?

heh. We do live in a menagerie of an ominous web of confusion.

=)

Explain to me why we share 99% of our DNA with chimps? oh wait....they cant. lol Forget I ever asked the question...no, no, no! I said to forget it. We'll just get into a deep conversation only one of us will make sense of.

17. Vene

Vene In memory of ChordatesLegacy

+304
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I thought it was 98%. Nope, I was apparently wrong, according to http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~eamonn/DNA/ it's 96%. Still a very high number.

18. brinny

+107,712
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    hehe yes, this thread has been resurrected :ebil:

19. mpok1519

mpok1519 Veteran

+312
    Christian
    Single
    I'm pretty sure its closer to 99%

20. Vene

Vene In memory of ChordatesLegacy

+304
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Do you have a source? I know I didn't look very hard to find a figure, but I did look.