Are we all the result of (prior) conditioning or programming...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Are we all the result of (prior) conditioning or programming...? Or are all our life choices based on, or are all the result of (prior) conditioning or programming...?

"All of us" say, all the way up to "now" or not...?

Is our life(s) one big equation...? All the result of prior conditioning or programming....? And choice really an illusion, or can be all predicted, and is entirely predictable, at least, or not...?

If you had someone else's life down to "every single smallest experience or condition", would you "be them" basically...? And would you make all the same exact choices they did in their lives...? Or is there something that separates us and makes us all different in some way, with "choices"...? And even if we did have all their conditions and experiences down to the smallest degree, would we might have done it differently, regardless of that...? Or not...?

For example Adam and Eve... If you were Adam and/or Eve, would you have done it, or chose differently, or not...?

And all of the peoples choices after that, all a result of everything prior to that, or not...?

Comments...?

Even and including prior conditions of even in the womb, or prior preexisting hereditary or genetic conditions even... If you had all the exact same (conditions, conditioning, experiences) as someone else, would you be like them, or exactly like them, basically... In all their life choices after that and "everything" basically...?

Or is there something that separates us and makes us different that way...?

Or are we all really only following "one big program" basically...? All the way up to "now" basically...? And are all entirely predictable say, by a God...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Last edited:

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
No big program and not predictable.

I have a set of Identical twin granddaughters, they have had the same experiences and are as different as night and day.

They both have their own likes and dislikes, their own concerns on the future, and most importantly, their very own personality.

Youy Hypothesis doesn't hold water,......Good try, but no prize. :doh:

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

I have a set of Identical twin granddaughters, they have had the same experiences and are as different as night and day.

They both have their own likes and dislikes, their own concerns on the future, and most importantly, their very own personality.

They did not have the same exact experiences, and they had/have many differences that made/make them different... From the time they were born, they both had something "in them" (if only by the very nature of being siblings), that made them want to be different from one another... That directed the course of who they would become, they had something in them, that made or caused them to want to be different from one another...

So, how can you be "so sure"...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Did God created u as a robot?
I don't know, is what I am saying...? and I don't know how you all could be so sure...?

Think about it, put some deep thought into it...

Let me put it another way... Do you believe God to be 100% fully omniscient...? Or not...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Your Hypothesis doesn't hold water,....
The posts by the OP have seemed strange to me for a long time.
(like the last one, implying Yahweh is not Omniscient - I think he made that claim in other thread(s)).

i.e. not grounded in Scripture, not proceeding from faith in Yahweh(God) nor faith in Jesus, but in something else (not yet identified; maybe not even known)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

They did not have the same exact experiences, and they had/have many differences that made/make them different... From the time they were born, they both had something "in them" (if only by the very nature of being siblings), that made them want to be different from one another... That directed the course of who they would become, they had something in them, that made or caused them to want to be different from one another...

So, how can you be "so sure"...?

God Bless!

That's another thing to consider (among all the very many "other things" that need to be considered) is the nature of siblings... By our very nature, we, almost automatically and by default, do not want to be "like" our siblings... There is something in us that makes us want to different from them...

"I don't like that"...? Why...? "Because my sister or brother likes or doesn't like it"... And, "I'm not like that"... Why...? "Because my brother or sister is like or is not like that, therefore I'm not like that"... Why...? Because there is something in them that makes or causes them (to want to to be) "different"...?

The nature of "siblings"...

Cause they are fighting for their freedom of choice... but are they really choosing to do or not do, or be or not be, whatever it is that they become because of that, or not...?

That is the question...? And is kind of the nature of all my many "other questions" surrounding this subject...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The posts by the OP have seemed strange to me for a long time.
(like the last one, implying Yahweh is not Omniscient - I think he made that claim in other thread(s)).

i.e. not grounded in Scripture, not proceeding from faith in Yahweh(God) nor faith in Jesus, but in something else (not yet identified; maybe not even known)
Judge that which you do not understand, heh...?

So typical... Guess I should expect as much though...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't know, is what I am saying...? and I don't know how you all could be so sure...?

Think about it, put some deep thought into it...

Let me put it another way... Do you believe God to be 100% fully omniscient...? Or not...?

God Bless!
If God is 100% fully omniscient, then (cause that means 100% absolutely "all-knowing") then he has to "know all" then, right...? Including all supposed "choices", outcomes of those choices, and all our "programming" basically, from the very beginning, to it's ending, right...?

Now how is that so, or how can that be so...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If God is 100% fully omniscient, then (cause that means 100% absolutely "all-knowing") then he has to "know all" then, right...? Including all supposed "choices", outcomes of those choices, and all our "programming" basically, from the very beginning, to it's ending, right...?

Now how is that so, or how can that be so...?

God Bless!
You obviously lack basic faith. Don't expect to understand spiritual things with a carnal mind... won't work.

• Winner
Reactions: R. Hartono
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You obviously lack basic faith. Don't expect to understand spiritual things with a carnal mind... won't work.
Accuse, Accuse, Accuse, Judge, Judge, Judge, that which you do not understand and know nothing about, namely, "me"...

Whatever...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Accuse, Accuse, Accuse, Judge, Judge, Judge, that which you do not understand and know nothing about, namely, "me"...

Whatever...

God Bless!

I simply like and enjoy these "mental puzzles", these "mysteries", to ponder the things of God, I am sorry you do not (seem to anyway)...

God Bless!

Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Whatever...

God Bless!
Nope, just replying to what you spouted... a person with faith wouldn't make such statements.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Even and including prior conditions of even in the womb, or prior preexisting hereditary or genetic conditions even... If you had all the exact same (conditions, conditioning, experiences) as someone else, would you be like them, or exactly like them, basically... In all their life choices after that and "everything" basically...?

I was responding to your direct question which seemed to be speaking of siblings, so I gave you the example of my twins.

I think they are much closer than regular siblings, there is a bonding of twin siblings which does not occur in brothers and sisters of differing ages.

As far as there being a desire to be different than your siblings, I don't think that is true either.

I wanted to be just like my older brother, and did the same things he did, always looking for his approval.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I was responding to your direct question which seemed to be speaking of siblings, so I gave you the example of my twins.

I think they are much closer than regular siblings, there is a bonding of siblings which does not occur in brothers and sisters of differing ages.

As far as there being a desire to be different that your siblings, I don't think that is true either.

I wanted to be just like my older brother, and did the same things he did, always looking for his approval.
Either way there is something or things that make us different, and I wish to try and know the nature of those things... And whether they are truly of us, or are or is, based on our true, real choices or not...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Good point.
His posts (for the years I've read them in passing) completely lack spiritual truth , and have no substance.

Your 'quote' from Scripture reveals the simple truth, why his posts are that way.

But it hurts more, it gives me true sorrow and grief for him, since this never seems to penetrate, never seems to get thru to his understanding - he just gets more and more resistant and rebellious and callous and even maybe pernicious (worse of all maybe leading little ones into darkness)....

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Nope, just replying to what you spouted... a person with faith wouldn't make such statements.
Yes, that's a "judgement" and a very wrong one, BTW, (is what I was trying to say)...

And you "assume" (many false things, mainly about me) and you know what they say about that, right...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Good point.
His posts (for the years I've read them in passing) completely lack spiritual truth , and have no substance.

Your 'quote' from Scripture reveals the simple truth, why his posts are that way.

But it hurts more, it gives me true sorrow and grief for him, since this never seems to penetrate, never seems to get thru to his understanding - he just gets more and more resistant and rebellious and callous and even maybe pernicious (worse of all maybe leading little ones into darkness)....
You guys do not understand, and do not know me "at all"...

But, go ahead, judge, assume, "whatever", I don't care, this isn't about me anyway...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that's a "judgement" and a very wrong one, BTW, (is what I was trying to say)...

And you "assume" (many false things, mainly about me) and you know what they say about that, right...?

God Bless!
Which God are you trying to bless me with? There is more than one you know....

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0