formerly xladyfayre
Jan 2, 2007
in some fairy forest
✟16,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think their effectiveness depends on how they are used in conversation. Unless you videotape what happens to tracts simply left places you will never know what happens to them after that. I used tracts when I was young... i don't anymore though. Though, i think tracts are a good way to allow someone to have information on your church, ministry, etc in case they want to come visit and pursue God more.

Upvote 0

dim1

Sep 5, 2010
Desk
✟15,116.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
First post, anyway I think tracts are not bad at all.
Correct me if I'm wrong but by witnessing you're trying to reach as many people as possible with your time, if you have enough money you can print out basic tracts and hand it to thousands of people at a busy location.

You can expect that people will not like it, especially if the message is not what they expect.

Upvote 0

LadyMinister

LadyMinister
Jun 18, 2010
Middle Tennessee
✟7,660.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Are Tracts Effective Witnessing Tools?
Does anyone use tracts on a regular basis? Do you think they are effective?

Hmmm, Let's rewind: Do you believe the Lord Jesus is putting it on your heart to leave or pass out tracts?
Pray, ask the Lord about it. If you already believe that the Lord is moving upon your heart to pass out or leave tracts for Him, then the annointing of the Lord Jesus will bring His desired results... Salvation, repentance, healing, restored relationship, love and peace.
So what if you buy 100 tracts and find 99 in the gutter? There is one tract missing, Hallelujah! Jesus spoke of being the Shephard that would leave the 99 sheep to go after and find the one lost sheep. In the Kingdom economy that is one seed sown, perhaps one soul saved; one eternity with Him secured.

"Cast not away your confidence..."
If the Lord is telling you "tracts"... Go get the best tracts that stirs your heart, take ownership/authority over those tracts; pray over and about those tracts and go out there serve them to the world! Amen! I'm getting excited just thinking what God will do with you and those tracts. I pray Gods blessings upon you as you go. Just think: A Tornado blowing through with Tracts! What an Awesome, God we serve.

Upvote 0

`Raine

resilient
Sep 25, 2004
NC
✟571.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would use tracts, but I haven't found any that I like on the websites I've seen so far. It seems like the options are usually either Chick or the ones with just a photo cover then a lot of text in small print. Most people will not read the "wall of text "type tracts, and I have issues with Chick because he is well known for promoting falsehoods about other beliefs. I wish there were some that wer attractive, with enough white space to be easily read, and with an approach other than "You're going to Hell. Now recite this prayer, and you won't.".

The only tract I ever responded to in any way was a unique situation. I was already saved, but looking for a home church and trying to decide between various denominations which was most in line with my own beliefs. My husband and I were out for a drive a few hours from home and stopped at a place off the Blue Ridge parkway to stretch our legs and for a restroom break. There was a church group visiting there, and what caught my eye more than anything was that all the ladies were in modest dresses and the children were running and playing but well behaved. Something just seemed "right". There was a tract in the restroom and, while the content itself was something I would have snickered it, it did have contact information. We contacted the pastor of that church, and he put us in touch with a like-minded church in our own area.

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I go to bus stops near my work. Most will take them and a lot of them start reading right away. Pray before you go and the Lord will lead you and prepare the way.

I used to use Chick tracts. I still use them some. I get a lot from Pilgrim Tract society. Also living Waters $1,000,000 bill.

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟23,379.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Read my signature. Tracts are impersonal. No one hears the Word of God through a tract. They might read it, but that's all. There is no discipleship and no fellowship through a tract. To me, it's a lazy way of witnessing. Open your mouth :)

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟23,379.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Scott - a tract isn't preaching.

If you want to start quoting Romans...

Romans 10:17
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Nudge

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
✟7,621.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Although it isn't a tract, someone may want to recommend the testimony in the recent "Unbroken" book. Louie was an American hero who was taken prisoner in World War II. After the war, he's in a downward spiral consumed by hate. A Billy Graham revival completely turns his life around. Very powerful.

Upvote 0

Solomon's Portico

Evangelist
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
✟15,248.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've used tracts for a long time. I'm very careful to get the best i can find. As Ray Comfort says "there ice breakers" I can hand out the tract and it will give me arpitunity to start a conversation. If not, at least they get the gospel in written form. I've actualy have had people take a tract, read it, then come looking for me to talk about it.
This spring when I start open air preaching. I'll have tracts and contact information that i'll give out after i've spoken. I think tracts are very important and useful.

Upvote 0

Light2you

Mar 17, 2011
✟7,650.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I do believe that tracts are effective. You can talk to one person of course. Which is very relevant. At the same time you can hand out 25 tracts. To 25 different people. I am of the opinion. It is God that choose's you. You did not choose Him.

In addition. I have tracts in several different langauges. That I do not have time to learn. If I go into a hispanic neighborhood. They are very gratefull in many cases. To have tracts in their language and take them happly. They have the gospel on them. As we all know it is the "gospel that saves". That being the case I feel. It is not me that is saving but the gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Scottmcc1

Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hudson Taylor: Saved By a Tract

Gospel tracts have the amazing ability to deliver their message to many souls that the distributor of the tract will never even meet. Hudson Taylor, who was used of the Lord to reach countless souls in China, is an excellent example of this.
One day while seeking something to read, Hudson turned over a basket of tracts in his father's library and selected one that looked interesting. While reading it he was struck with the phrase, "The finished work of Christ." Immediately the words attracted his attention. "What was finished?" he asked himself. Reading further, the tract explained the finished work as "a full and perfect atonement and satisfaction for the sins of the whole world."
Then Hudson thought, "If the whole work was finished on the cross of Calvary, and the whole debt of sin paid, what is there left for me to do?" Hudson was thus convinced, as the light of God's truth flashed into his soul by the Holy Spirit, "There was nothing to be done but to fall down on my knees and accept the Saviour and His salvation and praise Him forever."
Hudson Taylor was seventeen years old at the time. He then went on to faithfully serve His Saviour for 51 years in China, founding the China Inland Mission which employed more than 800 Christian missionaries and established more than 300 local offices in China. What a marvelous harvest God reaped from just one seed sown!
--Dr. and Mrs. Howard Taylor

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Here is another testimony of being saved by a tract.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]One of our ladies was passing out tracts at a bus station. A man on his way to prison was handed one. He was saved on his way to prison, wrote us a letter about it. Within two years he came to our church, was baptized and publicly thanked the lady who gave him the tract at the bus station two years before.[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Light2you

Mar 17, 2011
✟7,650.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wonderful Scott. I can guess how he got through prison. It sounds like he was very grateful.

I am just champing at the bit for Japan. I have longed for that nation ever since I went to a very large theologial library in the 90's. I read accounts in books from the 1700s! of missionaries going to Japan. For some reason Japan has a very low rate of salvation. I dream about taking tract's in Japanese to those people. They are so hard working it seems and I guess a very honest people. However the gospel to that nation seems to have had it's difficulties. I don't know why. Japan has always been on my mind at some point. I have never gone outside of the U.S. to witness. That is one place I have a mind to go to.

Upvote 0

stewardship10

Mar 23, 2011
✟15,115.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Tracts will always have their place but nothing beats relationship building when it comes to witnessing. You dont always have the time to build relationships in a five minute conversation so using a survey is a good way to get a person to open up to you, while at the same time telling you what to do to lead them to Christ. You could asks questions like, what keeps people out of church. The answer the give is why they wont come to your church and you can then respond with info to overcome the objection. If you need more tips go to howtoevangelize.com

Upvote 0