Visit site
✟15,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am pretty sure they are all satanic. If you think it might be bad, then it probably is. Im going to do some metal on my youtube channel soon, I have some electronic, dub steppish up right now. Check me out you might like it. Just youtube search my name, youl find me.

Upvote 0

DontTreadOnMike

Eddaic Literalist
Jan 28, 2010
✟16,936.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tell me what do you think, are they ok to listen to or are they satanical:

sepultura nightwish, rammstein, static-x

I don't listen to sepultura. Nightwish is like "Twilight" but in musical form, rammstein has some hilariously NSFW imagery but they're just trying to be offensive on purpose, static-x is....wow....they still exist?

Upvote 0

Seele

Mar 18, 2013
✟7,689.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I listen to Nightwish occasionally. They have lots of fantasy imaginary etc. in their lyrics, some of it a bit dark if I remember right. Please use your own discretion if it's alright for you. (I'm fine with some "darker" bands, but I know they're not good for everyone.)

They have an interesting song called "The Carpenter" which really sounds like it's about Jesus. Depending on your interpretion about it, this song could be critical towards religion. I'm weird about it though and I almost find this song spiritually uplifting - For me it's about longing for Jesus, feeling close to Him while in nature etc. :) But like I said it's possible to interpret it otherwise too.

Also their song "Gethsemane" has this part in its lyrics: "Send me no shepherd to heal my world". (Other than this I don't have problems with the lyrics of this song.)

There are probably some other parts in their lyrics (which I don't remember right now) that could be interpreted being un-Christian.

But overall I still don't find Nightwish being any worse about it than other secular bands. Use your own discretion though.

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am pretty sure they are all satanic. If you think it might be bad, then it probably is. Im going to do some metal on my youtube channel soon, I have some electronic, dub steppish up right now. Check me out you might like it. Just youtube search my name, youl find me.

People who go to churches devoted to Satan are satanic. Just because its not christian doesnt automatically make it satanic.

personally I would consider Ramstien more wholesome than Lady Gaga (which is wisely not mentioned above and I dragged the conversation into the gutter mentioning it) because she is up to no good in a big way.

Unless she attends a church of satan and writes music for it i guess I couldn't call her satanic.. she might be evil!

A bit along the same logic as Hilsong and christian music.

I guess you have neutral music with no lyrics and christian music with wholesome lyrics can be uplifting.

we live in a secular words and are surrounded by non christian stuff.

As i write this I am listening to an itunes streaming radio station playing something not christian and its not harming me because its ambient chill electronica and its neutral.

No music could be christian or secular itself, the only thing that makes the difference is the lyrics. If they are bad then skip it.

Upvote 0

Tom White

Apr 13, 2013
✟447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tell me what do you think, are they ok to listen to or are they satanical:

sepultura nightwish, rammstein, static-x

I don't care for any of them.

But it's more because I don't like their music than because they are "satanical." I don't listen to heavy metal for the lyrics usually, and often times when they're shrieked you can't make them out anyway. There's not really a lot of overtly satanic-themed stuff out there. Not denying there aren't bands like Deicide around but again who can make out their lyrics lol.

Upvote 0

nlphypno80

Sep 1, 2013
✟630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've heard sepultra before, but I've never really listened to them. I personally don't believe that music is satanic. In my opinion people tend to over react a lot and think that any music that is not christian is satanic.

When I look at music I look to see if it is something that I might like. If the music has a good beat, reasonably good lyrics, and is fun to listen to then there's a good chance that I might like it and want to listen to it more. It all really depends on the song and the artist.

I'll listen to groups like Ozzy Osbourne, Kiss, Motley Crue and others, but I also will listen to some pop, some country, some rap, and some R&B.

Unless I know the artist and like the artist and songs that they produce I have to hear the artist and the song in order to determine if I like it or not.

I will not listen to anything that I believes promotes hatred or any criminal activity for any reason.

Some of the bands that I do know and like include Journey, Foreigner, Night Ranger, and others like them and that's just a small sampling of the kinds of bands and music that I do like and will listen to.

Marilyn Manson is one band however that I will not consider listening to because I don't like how he looks or what he stands for. He is one of the few artists and bands that I do actually disapprove of. I find Marilyn Manson extremely offensive and disgusting. He is no where near the music that I grew up with.

The music that I grew up with was fun to listen to and/or represented fun, love, romance, relationships and other related things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums