Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I got one when I was 17 years old. .. Oh, I remember the words of my mother. YOU WILL REGRET having that on your shoulder. ..now I wonder what my water aerobic students think about my tatoo that I CANNOT COVER UP NOW IF I AM IN THE POOL!!!!!!!!!! .. My hubbie has some and now that we are in God's will he refuses to go to the pool because he is so embarrassed by them.
(there is a naked woman on his chest) I would like to buy her a bikini or a one piece swim suit, he thinks we should leave it alone.
Well, it shouldn't be difficult to have a bikini tattooed onto the figure. I guess it's the difference between saying, This is how I used to think of women, and: This is the more modest preference now.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I didn't like it, but I know many woman use it, seeing pics...:)

YoureMyBeloved:

So did any of your coworkers recently decide to get more interesting tattoos? (I think you've mentioned that some of your coworkers did, quite a while ago.)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have many tattoos, most are faith based. ..

I have to say my family's opinion on tattoos has changed since I started getting them. My wife has one, my step father now has several, my father just got his second piece last week, his wife now has one, and several others are interested.
Sounds like in your family you and your faith based ink played a role in husbands and wives getting them done together.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Watch this for a good answer about tatoos, it begins at the 30 min mark

I understand the point about being careful about the content of the ink. That being said, the quality of inks used in parlors has improved greatly in recent years.

Upvote 0

sunsurfkdt

Nov 29, 2015
US
✟15,783.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't get one. But, if you have them, he's not gonna keep you from heaven for it. As long as you repent, if you're convicted its bad. Jesus cares about your heart. And as long as you're being as good as you can and you're trying, and making efforts to do right to others and pray and be with him , he is pleased. But, u can't willfully sin. That's a no brainer though. You're heart will convict of you things

Upvote 0

sunsurfkdt

Nov 29, 2015
US
✟15,783.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It's not that getting a tattoo in and of itself puts your eternal fate at risk, but whenever the Bible mentions them (in only a few instances) it is always in a negative light - in a prohibitionary manner. Tattoos were often used as some kind of pagan religious symbolism.

I just don't see how cutting the body can be seen as a pleasing thing in God's sight - but I realize some manage to justify it to themselves.
I read that rabbis really frown on them . and I used to be Catholic, and I'd feel guilty if the priests saw me in high heels..lol (I'm talking the platform kind) so... I dunno...i bet God is similar. Would your daddy approve? No? God probably wouldn't either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I read that rabbis really frown on them . and I used to be Catholic, and I'd feel guilty if the priests saw me in high heels..lol (I'm talking the platform kind) so... I dunno...i bet God is similar. Would your daddy approve? No? God probably wouldn't either.
sunsurfkdt:

Hi there; I guess all the stilettos worn at churches where my wife and I attend must be honorary flats! :)

Seriously though, there are some bad tattoos, yes. Many of them in fact.

But also many Christians like to have faith based tattoos, e.g., Christian fish sign <>< on a wrist, etc. or a Bible ref. or verse. My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite verse and mine also, and I'm sure that other conversations have also arisen as a result of her decision as a Christian woman to become tattooed with her faith based design.

It's not for everyone. But a lot of Christians do choose to witness in this way.

Blessings.

Reactions: sunsurfkdt
Upvote 0

sunsurfkdt

Nov 29, 2015
US
✟15,783.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
sunsurfkdt:

Hi there; I guess all the stilettos worn at churches where my wife and I attend must be honorary flats! :)

Seriously though, there are some bad tattoos, yes. Many of them in fact.

But also many Christians like to have faith based tattoos, e.g., Christian fish sign <>< on a wrist, etc. or a Bible ref. or verse. My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite verse and mine also, and I'm sure that other conversations have also arisen as a result of her decision as a Christian woman to become tattooed with her faith based design.

It's not for everyone. But a lot of Christians do choose to witness in this way.

Blessings.
I'm not a judge. I could really care less what other ppl do I mean ...their personal things. It's not gonna make me dislike them! I like anyone who's a good person. I even like ppl who I don't like too too much...or who don't like me is actually how it goes lol. But I have a Christian friend who's much younger , who has a biblical tattoo. She's very sweet, smart!

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a judge. I could really care less what other ppl do I mean ...their personal things. It's not gonna make me dislike them! I like anyone who's a good person. I even like ppl who I don't like too too much...or who don't like me is actually how it goes lol. But I have a Christian friend who's much younger , who has a biblical tattoo. She's very sweet, smart!
sunsurfkdt:

Thanks! and you know, it's very possible that the tattooed Christian lady that is your friend had it done prayerfully and deliberately because she wanted to be able to prompt opportunities for her to talk to others about the Lord.

So I guess, as with so many things, it's motive that really counts, right?

(Including for visits to the tattoo parlor.)

Upvote 0

sunsurfkdt

Nov 29, 2015
US
✟15,783.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
sunsurfkdt:

Thanks! and you know, it's very possible that the tattooed Christian lady that is your friend had it done prayerfully and deliberately because she wanted to be able to prompt opportunities for her to talk to others about the Lord.

So I guess, as with so many things, it's motive that really counts, right?

(Including for visits to the tattoo parlor.)
I think that's why she said she got it. She said it had already come up in conversations many times..so it was a good thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that's why she said she got it. She said it had already come up in conversations many times..so it was a good thing.
sunsurfkdt:

If your Christian friend wanted to go check out a tattoo parlor's portfolios, and invited you to go with her to observe, it may be that you yourself would not even be prepared to go there, and this is fine. We are all different, and the Lord moves us in different ways.

But I guess also your friend is already living proof that it's quite possible to be a humbly and modestly tattooed Christian woman, because she wanted to do it for His glory, right?

Blessings.

Upvote 0

sunsurfkdt

Nov 29, 2015
US
✟15,783.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
sunsurfkdt:

If your Christian friend wanted to go check out a tattoo parlor's portfolios, and invited you to go with her to observe, it may be that you yourself would not even be prepared to go there, and this is fine. We are all different, and the Lord moves us in different ways.

But I guess also your friend is already living proof that it's quite possible to be a humbly and modestly tattooed Christian woman, because she wanted to do it for His glory, right?

Blessings.
No I would go. Lol. I don't care. I don't think she will get a million of them though. But yeah that's why she got it to honor God and it has brought on many conversations like I said.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No I would go. Lol. I don't care. I don't think she will get a million of them though. But yeah that's why she got it to honor God and it has brought on many conversations like I said.
sunsurfkdt:
So is there a good parlor near you, do you know?
Often the best way to find out is by word of mouth and also good tattoo artists welcome interest in their portfolios from people, strictly without obligation. It's very unprofessional among tattoo artists to do a 'hard sell'; it's usually a matter of professionalism for even the most remotely interested visitor curious to look at tattoo portfolios not to feel pressurized in any way. Your friend would probably tell you where she went, even if your own, different motive was simply interest and curiosity rather than to go through with what she did.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think getting a tattoo is a personal conviction. .. I really think that it would open up new doors to allow you to witness to a whole different group of people!

I drew up a tattoo for my husband, an Armor or God tattoo. It has a big shield, with a sword behind it, a helmet at the top... it's not finished yet. But it's gonna look great!
Yes, many Christians have become strongly convinced of a faith based tattoo's value as an effective witness means.

Upvote 0