Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Tattoos, bc u can't hide ur heels really.
Indeed you can't. And people don't :).

Re. tattoos, you can (some of them, anyway!) Some are pretty modest in any case and chances are ppl forget they are even there. Unless a profitable conversation ensues about a faith based one, right?

(See also my reply at post #798.)

Blessings.

Reactions: sunsurfkdt
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My mom was totally against me getting my ears pierced when I was about 17 so I didn't. However when i was at Bible school I did along with about 4 other classmates. She didn't say a word and it was no biggie. I really couldn't wear ear rings without pierced ears as my lobes are so small.
I guess ear piercings and tattoos are pretty much similar; so many ppl just do it and you can remain quite modest if you do. In the end the time comes when you make your own decision.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
... She said it had already come up in conversations many times..so it was a good thing.
PS: Do you know if she's done inking? I think you maybe said she was quite a bit younger, so I guess ppl can over the years change their minds.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
"belive in tattoos"??!! I trust in Christ, and I know how He regards marking your (the body that He created) body.

However, I do believe in evangelistic strippers. The crowds that they drawn! And, it's all in the name of Jesus! For instance, I saw one girl with John 3:16 tattooed on her butt. Many came to Christ after they saw that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
However, I do believe in evangelistic strippers. The crowds that they drawn! And, it's all in the name of Jesus! For instance, I saw one girl with John 3:16 tattooed on her ass. Many came to Christ after they saw that.
Hi Sir, I think you're exaggerating, or whatever the word is.
My wife and I talked to a young lady who had the whole of John 3.16 inked on her wrist area; it was her favorite verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen also as a result.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sir, I think you're exaggerating, or whatever the word is.
My wife and I talked to a young lady who had the whole of John 3.16 inked on her wrist area; it was her favorite verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen also as a result.

It's called sarcasm, and it's used to make a point. I'll leave you to guess what that point is.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's called sarcasm, and it's used to make a point. I'll leave you to guess what that point is.
I think you'll find that many more Christians get the sort of faith based tattoo that I described, than the sort that you described.

2c...

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I think you'll find that many more Christians get the sort of faith based tattoo that I described, than the sort that you described.

2c...

You miss my point, which is we don't do things contrary to scripture in order to "win" someone to a Christianity which is based on scripture. That would be self-contradictory. And we don't resort to circus side show antics in order to evangelize.

We don't try to get men into church by having strippers; although, I may have just given some mega-church clown an idea. . .

God chose the method. We are to preach.

"For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe."​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You miss my point, which is we don't do things contrary to scripture in order to "win" someone to a Christianity which is based on scripture. That would be self-contradictory. And we don't resort to circus side show antics in order to evangelize.

We don't try to get men into church by having strippers; although, I may have just given some mega-church clown an idea. . .

God chose the method. We are to preach.

"For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe."​
Oh I agree about the primacy of preaching. Not everyone is a preacher, though.

As for strippers, I never even mentioned the subject, and it's not an argument to introduce a reference to the subject in order to discredit some other witness activity.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No I would go. Lol. I don't care. I don't think she will get a million of them though. But yeah that's why she got it to honor God and it has brought on many conversations like I said.
PS:

sunsurfkdt:

So did you talk to her lately? do you know if she is planning to get any more faith based tattoos?

Upvote 0

EinsteinsGirl

NEWLY WED! - Child of a Genius!
Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I refer Christians again to listen to this BALANCED Christian teaching on tattoos starting at the 30 min mark
In regards to judging, we are actually to judge other believers actions in certain ways, although I agree that tattoos isn't one of them. Doesn't really matter. But I get tired of the Christians who claim if it's Levitical it doesn't count when obviously that's not true.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
5.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EinsteinsGirl

NEWLY WED! - Child of a Genius!
Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It's true --- Righteous judgment!
We are called to judge other believers according to the standard of scripture. 1 Corinthians 5
The bible is the TRUTH and it says signs, wonders, miracles, healings and all manner of wonderful ways God speaks to us today are real.
Those who say the bible is not true are not Godly.

Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do not hate them but I find a lot of people get them and then later say "Man this looks bad." So I do not want one personally or at least a large one. I am fine with small ones but the large ones seem like a bad idea in the long run.

Upvote 0