Are there any Christians that don't believe in Creationism out there?

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The very first revelation of how the universe and our little planet came to be is written in the stars and the stones and the bones. It is only in the last few centuries that mankind has learned to read that story. The Bible teaches a spiritual story in the sort of language that people in a totally different culture and a long time ago would understand.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,845.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It was probably because you have the wrong interpretation of Genesis. Want me to show you HOW God made the first world and Adam's flat Earth, in the middle of water? on another world? long BEFORE the big bang of our Cosmos?

If you can demonstrate it convincingly. Here's a test - how do equinoxes work with a flat earth?

False since God the Holy Spirit wrote of God's Creation more than 3k years ago and you still cannot understand what He wrote.

IF you want me to consider it seriously, you'd need to supply some evidence of such. Not just claims.

Hey, you must be a totally devoted fan of the false ToE? Can you explain HOW God's superior intelligence got inside the brains of prehistoric people? within ONE generation? and get that Scriptural Truth to AGREE with the Truth of History? God does. God bless you

No, and I don't need to even try, as nothing you've stated here are claims that I've made, or are claims of evolutionary biology.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,845.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
For example, I believe the earth is older than time - not because of big bang theory, but because of Genesis 1:1

This is an irrational statement.

Without time, a thing cannot age (this is definitonally true: age is marked through the process of time). Therefore, no thing can be "older than time".

Additionally, it shows a lack of knowledge about both Big Bang cosmology and the formation of the earth. The Big Bang, to the best of our knowledge, occurred roughly 13.7 billion years ago. The earth formed about 4.54 billion years ago.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
This is an irrational statement.

Without time, a thing cannot age (this is definitonally true: age is marked through the process of time). Therefore, no thing can be "older than time".

Time is an illusion. In physics, it is simply an evolution of events. One second is defined as 9,000,000,000 hyperfine transitions in the Cesium-133 atom. It is arbitrary.

Time is neither a dimension, nor is it an absolute. In terms of the bible, God didn't begin making time until He separated light from darkness. It was that ACTION (a real physical parameter) that defined time - not time itself. The ratio of action and available energy represents time.

Additionally, it shows a lack of knowledge about both Big Bang cosmology and the formation of the earth. The Big Bang, to the best of our knowledge, occurred roughly 13.7 billion years ago. The earth formed about 4.54 billion years ago.

I am extremely familiar with the figures of time designated for important, referenced universal existence. That doesn't mean it is right; it is simply accepted.

Time is an illusion. It is not a dimension. It is arbitrary for our benefit.

Reactions: Aman777
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,845.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Time is an illusion. In physics, it is simply an evolution of events. One second is defined as 9,000,000,000 hyperfine transitions in the Cesium-133 atom. It is arbitrary.

Our definition of a second IS arbitrary, time is not.

Time is neither a dimension, nor is it an absolute. In terms of the bible, God didn't begin making time until He separated light from darkness. It was that ACTION (a real physical parameter) that defined time - not time itself. The ratio of action and available energy represents time.

I am extremely familiar with the figures of time designated for important, referenced universal existence. That doesn't mean it is right; it is simply accepted.

Time is an illusion. It is not a dimension. It is arbitrary for our benefit.

Its hard to refute something so incoherent.

No-one here is arguing time is a dimension, or an absolute. Time however is a necessary precondition for existence. If something is timeless, it cannot be said to exist in reality.

Reactions: Gene Parmesan
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Our definition of a second IS arbitrary, time is not.

Time is also arbitrary; it is a pseudo-dimension, or phase. The fourth dimension is not time.

And, the second is the SI unit for TIME; if you admit the SI unit is arbitrary (which it is,) then every single calculation that draws from this parameter is built on the arbitrary definition of time. In other words, time is arbitrary as the standard unit for time is arbitrary.

Time is the ratio of action and available evergy.

Its hard to refute something so incoherent.

No-one here is arguing time is a dimension, or an absolute. Time however is a necessary precondition for existence. If something is timeless, it cannot be said to exist in reality.

It may be incoherent to you, but it is a matter of fact commentary. Time is arbitrary; it does not need to exist in order for anything to exist. It is arbitrary. Time is used for perspective, but it certainly doesn't justify or vindicate any part of creation. It is not a real dimension. It is not the fourth dimension. It is arbitrary.

The SI unit for time could easily be defined as the interval of Iodine 131 to evolve 30,000 hyperfine transitions. We would use that "interval" as the standard unit for time. It doesn't matter because time is not a physical dimension. The very fact that it is arbitrary implies that it is NOT necessary for creation. Certainly, it shouldn't be treated as an absolute.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Time is also arbitrary; it is a pseudo-dimension, or phase. The fourth dimension is not time.

And, the second is the SI unit for TIME; if you admit the SI unit is arbitrary (which it is,) then every single calculation that draws from this parameter is built on the arbitrary definition of time. In other words, time is arbitrary as the standard unit for time is arbitrary.

Time is the ratio of action and available evergy.

It may be incoherent to you, but it is a matter of fact commentary. Time is arbitrary; it does not need to exist in order for anything to exist. It is arbitrary. Time is used for perspective, but it certainly doesn't justify or vindicate any part of creation. It is not a real dimension. It is not the fourth dimension. It is arbitrary.

The SI unit for time could easily be defined as the interval of Iodine 131 to evolve 30,000 hyperfine transitilns. We would use that "interval" as the standard unit for time. It doesn't matter because time is not a physical dimension. The very fact that it is arbitrary implies that it is NOT necessary for creation. Certainly, it shouldn't be treated as an absolute.

You seem to be focused on the actual unit of time. I agree that the unit is arbitrary just as are all units of measure. However, I must admit to difficulty with the idea that time itself is arbitrary

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Explain how something exists without a temporal dimension.

The domain doesn't ever change, or the energy available to do action is infinite compared to the action itself. Or, the paradoxical option of non-negligible, quantatative action operating over unlimited (or very large) potential, mechanical energy, or the combination of both. If, for example, the energy available increases much faster than the action, time is related to an infinitesimal.

That is how to physically exist without a temporal dimension - which does not exist in the first place. The fourth, or n+3 dimensions are spacial; time is not.

We are conditioned to think in terms of time, because it makes a reference point for us, and it allows us to perceive events in intervals, rather than all at once. But, time is not real. Time travel, for example, is to become incident upon a particular action in space for a certain event. Every infinitesimal moment is a snapshot, and going back in time isn't going back in time, it is visiting a particular event in the domain of snapshots of life.

But, everything that will happen has already happened. Time helps us to experience moments independently. It is for our convenience.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
You seem to be focused on the actual unit of time. I agree that the unit is arbitrary just as are all units of measure. However, I must admit to difficulty with the idea that time itself is arbitrary

It is difficult, because our entire systems and way of life is based on this pseudo-dimension.

Time is an evolution of events - action per energy available. Everything that will happen has already happened because actual dimensions dictate and measure the change in local coordinates, not changes in changes of particle coordinates.

God defined one day before a sun or moon was created precisely because He could. Time is arbitrary; in His definition, the "evening and morning" represents a certain standard of time - the day. But, it is just an evolution of events. It is a pseudo dimension, and arbitrary, fundamentally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
God defined one day before a sun or moon was created precisely because He could. Time is arbitrary; in His definition, the "evening and morning" represents a certain standard of time - the day. But, it is just an evolution of events. It is a pseudo dimension, and arbitrary, fundamentally.

The evening and morning is the end and the beginning of a period of time, any period of time. That's WHY the Hebrew word for Day "yowm"" was used since it is used in Scripture to represent a period of time. The 7th Day for example has NO evening and NO morning. That's because the 7th period of time is ETERNITY, which has no end and no beginning. It's where God lives today, at the end of the present 6th Day/Age. Christians who enter His rest enter Eternity. God Bless you

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Aman:>>Want me to show you HOW God made the first world and Adam's flat Earth, in the middle of water? on another world? long BEFORE the big bang of our Cosmos?

If you can demonstrate it convincingly.

Sure. Adam's firmament, which God called Heaven, was the first Heaven. You can easily make a model of it by finding a container and putting water in the bottom of the container and then putting dry ground on top of the water. Close the firmament and stick it in water, with water above and below it and you will find that the firmament is surrounded by water. Gen 1:6-8 The interior is dry and contains dry ground on top of water which means the Earth described in Gen 1:9-10 is as Flat as a pancake. It was also covered in water on top of it's highest mountains when the flood reached a depth of only 22.5 feet. Gen 7:20 Amen?

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
The evening and morning is the end and the beginning of a period of time, any period of time. That's WHY the Hebrew word for Day "yowm"" was used since it is used in Scripture to represent a period of time. The 7th Day for example has NO evening and NO morning. That's because the 7th period of time is ETERNITY, which has no end and no beginning. It's where God lives today, at the end of the present 6th Day/Age. Christians who enter His rest enter Eternity. God Bless you

Exactly.

Before I got into the Hebrew words of evening and day, and how they represent ANY designated or undesignated period of time, I wanted to found the fact that time itself is arbitrary, or a pseudo-dimension.

Then, one can see how "ereb" and "boquer" work together with "yom," "or (light)," and "choshek (darkness)" all work in contect.

As far as Genesis 2:4 - The End being the 6th day (i.e. NOW,) and the 7th being forever (His rest,) I completely agree. Even in the trumps, vials and seals we see the 7th seal, 7th trump and 7th vial all correspond to His coming and restoration.

Reactions: Aman777
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Gen 1:1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Lol. I'm familiar with that verse. I thought by creationism it was asking if we believe the world is less than 10,000 years old, that evolution isn't fact - flat earth kind of ignorance. Sorry if I misunderstood what was being asked.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Lol. I'm familiar with that verse. I thought by creationism it was asking if we believe the world is less than 10,000 years old, that evolution isn't fact - flat earth kind of ignorance. Sorry if I misunderstood what was being asked.

I'm the youngest of the Young Earthers since I show that it was less than 6 Days ago when God created the heaven and the earth. YEC had told mankind God's Truth, by Faith, for thousands of years now....and when one truly understands Genesis, he sees that the entire History of God's 6 Days/Ages of creation are shown in their entirety in the FIRST chapter of Genesis. From Gen 1:28-31 is prophecy of events which happen AFTER Jesus returns at Armageddon at the end of the present 6th Day/Age. That's God's Truth Scripturally. God Bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm the youngest of the Young Earthers since I show that it was less than 6 Days ago when God created the heaven and the earth. YEC had told mankind God's Truth, by Faith, for thousands of years now....and when one truly understands Genesis, he sees that the entire History of God's 6 Days/Ages of creation are shown in their entirety in the FIRST chapter of Genesis. From Gen 1:28-31 is prophecy of events which happen AFTER Jesus returns at Armageddon at the end of the present 6th Day/Age. That's God's Truth Scripturally. God Bless you

Ok. Well, God bless you, too.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am a Christian, I love Jesus with all my heart. I am also a geologist who recognizes that the earth is very old and that life has evolved over an extraordinary long time via mutation and natural selection. I believe this is how God has created us. It is a brilliant design.

Good afternoon sisters and brothers, gentlemen and gentler women (to borrow from Sparrow),

I have a question, and before I waste all my time browsing for answers, I'll just put it in the room:

Are there any Christians out there, other than those living in Europe, that do not believe in Creationism or ID? Because I'm beginning to feel a little lost.

Thanks.

Upvote 0