Are there any Christians that don't believe in Creationism out there?

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,673.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Great, please tell us How and When mindless Nature implanted Adam's superior intelligence into the sons of God (prehistoric people).

Never, because that's a fiction invented by you.

What the evidence tells us is that the intelligence of hominids increased in a series of small, incremental steps between about 7 million and 100,000 years ago, with behaviourally modern humans only being present for the last 40,000 to 50,000 years.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Never, because that's a fiction invented by you.

What the evidence tells us is that the intelligence of hominids increased in a series of small, incremental steps between about 7 million and 100,000 years ago, with behaviourally modern humans only being present for the last 40,000 to 50,000 years.

False, since ALL the traits of modern Humans, like those on Adam's Earth Gen 4:17-22 SUDDENLY appeared in the mountains of Ararat some 11k years ago. History agrees and shows that the valleys SW of Lake Van, Turkey, in Northern Mesopotamia, was where the FIRST Human farming happened. That's WHY the area is called the Cradle of Civilization on Planet Earth. Here's where Humans arrived in the Ark and began to farm, just like Adam did, with NO magical evolution. God Bless you Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,673.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
False, since ALL the traits of modern Humans, like those on Adam's Earth Gen 4:17-22 SUDDENLY appeared in the mountains of Ararat some 11k years ago.

Except they didn't. All of these traits of modern humans appeared before 11,000 years ago

Using basic tools: At least 4 million years old
Using shaped tools: At least 3 million years old
Using complex tools: At least 2 million years old
Controlling fire: At least 1.7 million years
Cooking food: At least 600,000 years old
Wearing clothing: At least 500,000 years old
Making art: At least 400,000 years old
Making jewelry: At least 50,000 years old
Performing music: At least 45,000 years old
Domesticating animals: At least 31,000 years
Permanent houses: At least 25,000 years old
Agriculture: At least 23,000 years old
Domesticating plants: At least 16,000 years old
Dentistry: At least 14,000 years old

History agrees with NOTHING that you've written here. And I've no idea why you constantly re-post that link to that map, as if it some totem that shows you're correct.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Except they didn't. All of these traits of modern humans appeared before 11,000 years ago

Using basic tools: At least 4 million years old
Using shaped tools: At least 3 million years old
Using complex tools: At least 2 million years old
Controlling fire: At least 1.7 million years
Cooking food: At least 600,000 years old
Wearing clothing: At least 500,000 years old
Making art: At least 400,000 years old
Making jewelry: At least 50,000 years old
Performing music: At least 45,000 years old
Domesticating animals: At least 31,000 years
Permanent houses: At least 25,000 years old
Agriculture: At least 23,000 years old
Domesticating plants: At least 16,000 years old
Dentistry: At least 14,000 years old

History agrees with NOTHING that you've written here. And I've no idea why you constantly re-post that link to that map, as if it some totem that shows you're correct.

Very well said. Thank you.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Reasons evolution doesn't exist:
1. There are no progressions of animals becoming other animals or in between animals. (There are variations in "kinds" but not going from one animal to another which would have been found.)
2. There are no "missing links" for humans...or animals! (There are incomplete monkey bones like "Lucy". We would have A LOT of missing links unless of course it was only 1 man and woman created from it. Getting too close to creation with that one. )
3. Animals in the past were larger (dinosaurs, giant insects, giant sharks, etc) ( higher oxygen creates bigger beings/ animals like in the past)
4. Extinction- we are losing thousands of animals a year, not gaining. (Losing 1000 to 100,000 depending on the numbers you look at)
5. DNA mutations cause a weakening not strengthening. (This didn't exist in Darwin's day)
6. Living beings do not come from non living objects. (A rock is a rock by any other name)

Say a lie over and over and you're sure to believe it. But try to prove it true and it doesn't work. This is the case of evolution.
Oh my. I'm not sure you ever actually learned what evolution is, and is not.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
1. It's incomplete since it cannot explain where Humans had our origin.
2. it's not scientific because it's believers cannot repeat it, so they make excuses.
3. It falsely supposes that the sons of God (prehistoric people) were Humans
4. It cannot explain the process of putting the highest intelligence into Apes
5. It is provable False Historically. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE

Want more? It's really easy to refute (prove wrong) the False ToE. Amen?
Wow, just wow...

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

False, since the things you list are NOT the traits of modern Humans. Humans (descendants of Adam) showed these traits on Adam's Earth before they happened on this Earth. If you would read the Scripture I posted of Gen 4:17-22, you would see that Cain's descendants has farming city building smelting etc. BEFORE Noah arrived on planet Earth 11k years ago, according to History. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE

History shows that the FIRST farming city building smelting and every other trait of modern Humans appeared first in the Fertile Crescent, which is in the valleys SW of Lake Van, Turkey where the Ark arrived bringing the FIRST Humans to planet Earth.

Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good afternoon sisters and brothers, gentlemen and gentler women (to borrow from Sparrow),

I have a question, and before I waste all my time browsing for answers, I'll just put it in the room:

Are there any Christians out there, other than those living in Europe, that do not believe in Creationism or ID? Because I'm beginning to feel a little lost.

Thanks.

Are you referring to Young Earth Creationism or all forms of creationism?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
False, since the things you list are NOT the traits of modern Humans. Humans (descendants of Adam) showed these traits on Adam's Earth before they happened on this Earth. If you would read the Scripture I posted of Gen 4:17-22, you would see that Cain's descendants has farming city building smelting etc. BEFORE Noah arrived on planet Earth 11k years ago, according to History. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE

History shows that the FIRST farming city building smelting and every other trait of modern Humans appeared first in the Fertile Crescent, which is in the valleys SW of Lake Van, Turkey where the Ark arrived bringing the FIRST Humans to planet Earth.

You seem to have invented your own neat little history. Very creative! One shudders to think what you might have come up with if you had actual evidence to work with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
You seem to have invented your own neat little history. Very creative! One shudders to think what you might have come up with if you had actual evidence to work with.
That's the best part. it's not my understanidng.but instead God's Truth.All I did was read it. It's the real thing.Amen?

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Among US Christians, from a Pew report:

"These beliefs differ strongly by religious group. White evangelical Protestants are particularly likely to believe that humans have existed in their present form since the beginning of time. Roughly two-thirds (64%) express this view, as do half of black Protestants (50%). By comparison, only 15% of white mainline Protestants share this opinion." Other Christian groups are less than 50%. Catholics are around 30%, depending upon subgroup.

Public’s Views on Human Evolution

CF tends to be evangelical and conservative Catholic, so what you see here tends to oppose evolution.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am one of those Christians who don't believe in Creationism.

You are not alone by a long shot. It is only in the USA that a belief in a literal creation has any traction at all.

• Agree
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Please don't listen to that. Saying you can't be a Christian unless you accept Creationism is saying you ignore every branch of science like Cosmology, Geology, and reality.

You can be a Christian. Why? Because you believe in Jesus's sacrifice for your sins and have asked Him to forgive you. And you have a relationship with Him.

If you want to communicate with like minded believers www.BioLogos.org is a great site if you have questions. It helped me feel less alone.

That was to Mike by the way. Not sure if I can still change my post so I can send it directly to him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How did you become a Christian apart from according to the Scriptures? Creationists can be traditional, Young Earthers, Old Earthers, or like me, Day/Agers. Amen?

A person can become a "creationist" merely from observing creation, as Paul pointed out in his discussions in Athens and in his letter to the Romans. "Look at that! That is awesome! Some god must have made that."

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
A person can become a "creationist" merely from observing creation, as Paul pointed out in his discussions in Athens and in his letter to the Romans. "Look at that! That is awesome! Some god must have made that."

People can also draw completely wrong conclusions. A thousand years ago squatters were living in the ruins of the Roman Coliseum. A priest wrote that they were convinced that it was built by a race of giants.

Upvote 0

elliott95

JESUS PRAISER
Nov 9, 2003
Seattle
✟22,320.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Good afternoon sisters and brothers, gentlemen and gentler women (to borrow from Sparrow),

I have a question, and before I waste all my time browsing for answers, I'll just put it in the room:

Are there any Christians out there, other than those living in Europe, that do not believe in Creationism or ID? Because I'm beginning to feel a little lost.

Thanks.
Do you believe that God created the world?
If you do, the only difference between you and those called creationists is a matter of how this came about.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People can also draw completely wrong conclusions. A thousand years ago squatters were living in the ruins of the Roman Coliseum. A priest wrote that they were convinced that it was built by a race of giants.

"Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then."

Upvote 0