Are some Magicians using the power of demons to perform the tricks ?

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Sorcery Is Real. Period.

The Punishment from God for doing it is Very Severe.

Stage magicians are illusionists and not sorcerers. They rely on sleight of hands and other similar techniques.

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So why would some demon possessed people be popular magicians with cool party tricks, yet other demon possessed people be in straight jackets and foaming at the mouth?

Possessed people in the New Testament always seems to indicate an inability for the person’s body to cope with the trauma.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
So why would some demon possessed people be popular magicians with cool party tricks, yet other demon possessed people be in straight jackets and foaming at the mouth?

Possessed people in the New Testament always seems to indicate an inability for the person’s body to cope with the trauma.

Stage magicians sometimes exploit very, very, very rudimentary magick, and low level demons. Tricks are most of it, but sometimes there are contracts made to elevate someone in exchange for anytime use of the body, or spirit.

Ones possessed usually have absolutely no barganing power, or control over which demon will possess them. Of course since the world doesn't believe in demonic possession, and how it affects the human physiology/psychology, they throw the humans away.

Every time you watch TV there is a spell being performed on a very basic level - meant to target your subconscious. Believe it or not, it is inconsequential to the strength of the spell UNLESS you 1) know what to look for, and 2) have the Most High God on your side.

Going against these principalities alone will wreck a human.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Most magicians are actually skeptically minded people not given to superstitious beliefs, from what I have seen of them. Probably because they know the human mind is easily tricked into believing things that aren't so.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You remember the possessed fortune teller in Acts 16:16-24 who Paul casts a demon out of right? So not all of them are out of their minds and foaming at the mouth.

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ok, my post was actually a legit question more than a challenge. So you believe that there are both demon possessed people in straight jackets today, and ones with neat talents?

As far as I know you don’t just become possessed, you have to open the door somehow, you have to dabble in something of the occult. So is it just random chance that one person would wind up with cool party tricks, and the next person would wind up in a straight jacket? Would it actually depend on the demon more than the person? As for magicians/illusionist, I have no knowledge of how they perform any of their tricks so I definitely can’t make the call either way on possession.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You remember the possessed fortune teller in Acts 16:16-24 who Paul casts a demon out of right? So not all of them are out of their minds and foaming at the mouth.

This passage is strange , it looks like that Spirit whatever it was , not being of God but still seem to tell the truth. Even tho it looked like it was helping by preaching that Paul was servant of most hight God on second thought it caused trouble because it gave Paul unwanted attention from Jews who were seeking to kill him .

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok, my post was actually a legit question more than a challenge. So you believe that there are both demon possessed people in straight jackets today, and ones with neat talents?

As far as I know you don’t just become possessed, you have to open the door somehow, you have to dabble in something of the occult. So is it just random chance that one person would wind up with cool party tricks, and the next person would wind up in a straight jacket? Would it actually depend on the demon more than the person? As for magicians/illusionist, I have no knowledge of how they perform any of their tricks so I definitely can’t make the call either way on possession.

I believe that it could be a combination of different things honestly. I think some people open the doors actively on purpose, some people are effected maybe by the sins of their parents and past relatives carrying generational curses. There could be any number of reasons or causes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I like to watch magic tricks . Some tricks are greater than others but simple when you know how to do them either by magician himself revealing his trick or by mistakes caught on camera . In the age of internet when mistake is caught It will spread so fast that trick can be quickly destroyed not like in thousands of years before .

However this changing face trick is troubling me because it's really old , person performing it has devil horns on his head and camera can't cath the face change even in slow motion . Do you think that this magician is using demonic powers to perform it ?

(changing face starts around 4min mark ) .

No. Honestly people should know by now that what tricks are is slight of hand and smoke and mirrors

Upvote 0