Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
Problem is in the defining of what Abraham's faith is made up of. :wave:

No problem. He is the "father of all who believe". See Romans 4:11

Now you might want to ask what made his faith so special that it is the example Paul used when discribing the kind of faith that is necessary to be called a "friend of God"?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
No problem. He is the "father of all who believe". See Romans 4:11

Now you might want to ask what made his faith so special that it is the example Paul used when discribing the kind of faith that is necessary to be called a "friend of God"?
IT is so much more than that, ...

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Duet 8 and 9 record that they were no more righteous than the Egyptians that God destroyed. And it is recorded in Duet that God would end the national administration and entity of the law. Thus, how could "national Israel' of the mosaic covenant still be considered 'Gods chosen'. They were chosen by God to be a negative example of conditional, corporal law and gain-saying legalism and the negative effects of conditional laws of appeasement on the life and heart of mankind. That covenant is dead.

This end of the covenant would coincide with the coming of Shiloh in Gen 49 who was the 'new prophet' of Duet 18; [Acts 3:22-24] and the Messiah of Dan 9. He would bring the very words of God and open exposure of the heart unto the living God through belief in his APPROVING incarnation. The way of the conditional law is called NOT THE GOOD WAY in Is 65:2. The individual / associated way of faith [now supported by his entrance into humanity] is the Good way.

When the prophets spoke of "my people Israel" in several of the minor prophets, it was referrign primarily to the future time of the children of God through faith in Christ and the new covenant. This was the first century entity of the christians who believed in the living God through his visible incarnation, works, manifestations and teachings. These are Israelites of all nations, tounges and languages through the NC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
Duet 8 and 9 record that they were no more righteous than the Egyptians that God destroyed. And it is recorded in Duet that God would end the national administration and entity of the law.

This would coincide with the coming of Shiloh in Gen 49 who was the 'new prophet' of Duet 18; [Acts 3:22-24] and the Messiah of Dan 9. The way of the conditional law is called NOT THE GOOD WAY in Is 65:2. The individual / associated way of faith [now supported by his entrance into humanity] is the Good way.

When the prophets spoke of "my people Israel" in several of the minor prophets, it was referrign primarily to the future time of the children of God through faith in Christ and the new covenant. This was the first century entity of the christians who believed in the living God through his visible incarnation, works, manifestations and teachings. These are Israelites of all nations, tounges and languages through the NC.

I hope you are not diminishing in any way the fact that the nation of Israel has been negated as being God's chosen people because of the birth of the Church of Christ?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Please explain the "more of it all".
Nahh... it is all in scripture.. it is all there.. God doesn't tell one something different than he tells the next generation. Abraham got the same story as Moses, the prophets..Yeshua, the disciples.. they all sing in harmony.:clap:

Upvote 0
L

LiveInMercyAndTruth

Nahh... it is all in scripture.. it is all there.. God doesn't tell one something different than he tells the next generation. Abraham got the same story as Moses, the prophets..Yeshua, the disciples.. they all sing in harmony.:clap:
Do you have a covenant with God? I know your going to say yes. Can you tell me the words of it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

msortwell

Mar 9, 2004
Gibson, Wisconsin
✟184,901.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Maybe you don't know a good fig from a bad fig, msortwell?

I'm pretty sure it's not which figs are good, or which figs are bad, but to which "figs" God shows mercy.

And the observation stands. It is not the case that all ethnic Jews will be redeemed.

Just as I expected, you do not know who the good and bad figs are. You need to study the parable of the fig tree like God commanded or you will come up short.

Well then . . . maybe I need your help. Are you combining Matt. 24:32-35 (and the parallel texts) with Jer 24: 3-6?

I'm uncertain how to address your points about a parable (figurative by design) as the reference that speaks to "good figs" despite the fact that the tree in the parable is only spoken of has having just recently produced leaves indicating summer to be near - no mention of figs (good or bad). Help me out here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
L

LiveInMercyAndTruth

Israel will be saved... But not the way John Hagee, Perry Stone, the writers of the Left Behind series, Jack Van Impe, Hal Lindsay, or any other Dispensationalist/Christian Zionist see it happening.

God sees Israel and the church as one... Not two separate identities.

The devil should have never invented video tape. It is going to come back to haunt him some day.

Upvote 0
L

LiveInMercyAndTruth

Abrahams people were called Israel.
Jews are not all of Israel. Many Jews were never in Abrahams lineage. Many modern Jews are converts to Judaism and not real Hebrews.

Christ told the Jews in his day that if they were of Abraham, then they would do the works of Abraham.

Others Jews told Jesus that that had never been in bondage to any man.. Which was evidence that they were not Hebrews who were enslaved in Egypt and Babylon.

The Judeans disobeyed the command that forbade the Idumeans and Kenites from entering the congregation of the lord. These become powerful Scribes and Pharasees and perverted the Laws of Yahweh into Judaism..

1 Chr 2:55
55 And the families of the scribes which dwelt at Jabez; the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and Suchathites. These are the Kenites that came of Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab.
(KJV)

Kenites are Cains seed. The offsrping of Vipers, the cursed lineage to whom it was forbidden to enter the congregation of the Lord.

Also Yahwehs chosen people are those that do his will.
His chosen are those that know his son, Yahushua HaMeshiach.

shlama

This is pretty close to being perfectly correct. I am impressed.

Upvote 0
L

LiveInMercyAndTruth

Ye people do not have to worry...in a few years...the video tape of all these characters making all these profound predictions and outlandish proclamations about God's chosen people

are going to be having to do a lot of explaining or disappear.

But at least the nonsense brought on by them ....will be on video tape. I wonder if any of them ever think about that? The damage they are going to do when in the years to come...NOTHING COMES of all their predictions and all their theories that they claim is of God...

I can remember when Joe Good was talking all his talk. I remember him when he first got on community tv in Dallas. I said right then...I see what is coming...Where is Joe good now and all this red heifer talk. What happened to the red heifer they had some 15 years ago?

Now you have the Rabbi syndrome. Everyone is a Rabbi and is sent by God to instruct us all in the Jewish heritage so as we can see Jesus through the eyes of God's chosen people.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT ALL THIS...IT IS ALL ON VIDEO TAPE. And there is going to come a time. When you know what they say...instant reply don't lie.

Now you see them wearing the prayer Shaw. And promoting it. Whats next...sandals?

lol

lol

The Lord told me all that ...is of the flesh and in vain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here is Wisdom. The Spirit of Wisdom taught this to me. If you want to know if someone has the Spirit of Truth. Ask them questions that only someone with the Spirit of Truth could answer. Don't ask them questions that they can get the answers to out of a book.

The Spirit of Wisdom is wise.

THIS WORKS EVERY TIME.
:)
Depends on the BOOK ;) :angel:

http://www.kingdombiblestudies.org/lb/LB1.htm

Now, what is meant by this term – THE BOOK OF THE LIFE OF THE LAMB? The wise man said, "...of the making of many books there is no end..." (Eccl. 12:12).

The book stores are filled to overflowing today with all types of books dealing with every aspect of earthly life. Even in the church world there are books setting forth every kind of viewpoint relating to God, the Bible, doctrine, Christian experience, and church order.
However the subject material of most of these books largely contains a message of religious tradition and spiritual death.

But God is also producing a book – a book containing a message of life. For the past two millenniums God, by His Holy Spirit, has been writing portions of this Book in the minds and hearts of His people.

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0