Apr 21, 2011
The Obamanation
✟8,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Abrahams people were called Israel.
Jews are not all of Israel. Many Jews were never in Abrahams lineage. Many modern Jews are converts to Judaism and not real Hebrews.

Christ told the Jews in his day that if they were of Abraham, then they would do the works of Abraham.

Others Jews told Jesus that that had never been in bondage to any man.. Which was evidence that they were not Hebrews who were enslaved in Egypt and Babylon.

The Judeans disobeyed the command that forbade the Idumeans and Kenites from entering the congregation of the lord. These become powerful Scribes and Pharasees and perverted the Laws of Yahweh into Judaism..

1 Chr 2:55
55 And the families of the scribes which dwelt at Jabez; the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and Suchathites. These are the Kenites that came of Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab.
(KJV)

Kenites are Cains seed. The offsrping of Vipers, the cursed lineage to whom it was forbidden to enter the congregation of the Lord.

Also Yahwehs chosen people are those that do his will.
His chosen are those that know his son, Yahushua HaMeshiach.

shlama

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Abrahams people were called Israel.
Jews are not all of Israel. Many Jews were never in Abrahams lineage. Many modern Jews are converts to Judaism and not real Hebrews.

Christ told the Jews in his day that if they were of Abraham, then they would do the works of Abraham.

Others Jews told Jesus that that had never been in bondage to any man.. Which was evidence that they were not Hebrews who were enslaved in Egypt and Babylon.

The Judeans disobeyed the command that forbade the Idumeans and Kenites from entering the congregation of he lord. These become powerful Scribes and Pharasees and perverted the Laws of Yahweh into Judaism..

1 Chr 2:55
55 And the families of the scribes which dwelt at Jabez; the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and Suchathites. These are the Kenites that came of Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab.
(KJV)

Kenites are Cains seed. The offsrping of Vipers, the cursed lineage to whom it was forbidden to enter the congregation of the Lord.

Also Yahwehs chosen people are those that do his will.
His chosen are those that know his son, Yahushua HaMeshiach.

shlama

Intermarriage or not, such people are Jews. The Nazi Collaborators documentary is an enlightening experience. I suggest you see it. The Nazis certainly didn't differentiate.

As for your John 8 reference, Jesus was talking to the Pharisees, who are the ones referred to in Revelation as ones who call themselves Jews and are not.

John 7:11 So the Jews were seeking Him at the feast and were saying, “Where is He?”

John 7:13 Yet no one was speaking openly of Him for fear of the Jews.

John 9:22 His parents said this because they were afraid of the Jews; for the Jews had already agreed that if anyone confessed Him to be Christ, he was to be put out of the synagogue.

John 12:42 Nevertheless many even of the rulers believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing Him, for fear that they would be put out of the synagogue;

John 16:2 They will make you outcasts from the synagogue, but an hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God.

That is the meaning of Revelation 2:9

‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich), and the blasphemy by those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Matt. 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard this (All the crowds were amazed, and were saying, “This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?”), they said, “This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons.”

Matt. 12:32 Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=MATT 12&version=NASB;#cen-NASB-23522AJthis age or in the age to come.

Mark 3:29-30 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”— because they were saying, “He has an unclean spirit.”

HEBREWS 10:26-27 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.

Mark 10:29-30 Jesus said, “Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel’s sake, but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions (2 Tim. 3:12 Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.); and in the age to come, eternal life.

Phil. 3:10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;

John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him

Ephesians 2:2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.

the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

the wrath of God will come upon the sons of disobedience,

John 8:24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins

Luke 13 I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

1 Corinthians 15:17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.

Phil. 3:10-11 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Phil. 3:10-11&version=NASB;#fen-NASB-29432athe fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Upvote 0

Super Kal

the goal is to be more like You, and less like me
Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟25,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Are Jews still God's Chosen People ?
of course God sees the Jews as His chosen people... that is not what should be asked...

the question that SHOULD be asked, though, is who truly is the Chosen People of God, and who truly are the Jews?

are the Chosen people of God born from the physical nation who wish to acquire a nation on this earth, still waiting for a Savior dressed in gold to come while they continue to mock Christ and spiritually hang Him on the Cross?... or are the Chosen People of God born from the Spirit, whose nation is the Kingdom of God and not of man, who are found in Christ, turn to Christ, and live a life according to Jesus and believing in Jesus Christ alone for salvation?

the fact of the matter is, Paul EXPLICITLY states in Romans 9:7-8
"7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."

he again expounded on this again in Galatians 3:29
"And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

ONLY those who are found in Christ is truly part of Israel... it doesn't matter if you're an Ethnic Jew, an Arab, a Persian, a Russian, or an American... if you are not a part of Jesus Christ, you are neither Abraham's seed, nor heirs according to the promise

an unsaved Jew is like any other person who is not saved: they need the Gospel just as much as anyone else, and it is our duty by God to preach the Gospel unto them... not puff them up and put them on a pedestal simply because of their race

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
of course God sees the Jews as His chosen people... that is not what should be asked...

the question that SHOULD be asked, though, is who truly is the Chosen People of God, and who truly are the Jews?

are the Chosen people of God born from the physical nation who wish to acquire a nation on this earth, still waiting for a Savior dressed in gold to come while they continue to mock Christ and spiritually hang Him on the Cross?... or are the Chosen People of God born from the Spirit, whose nation is the Kingdom of God and not of man, who are found in Christ, turn to Christ, and live a life according to Jesus and believing in Jesus Christ alone for salvation?

the fact of the matter is, Paul EXPLICITLY states in Romans 9:7-8
"7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."

he again expounded on this again in Galatians 3:29
"And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

ONLY those who are found in Christ is truly part of Israel... it doesn't matter if you're an Ethnic Jew, an Arab, a Persian, a Russian, or an American... if you are not a part of Jesus Christ, you are neither Abraham's seed, nor heirs according to the promise

an unsaved Jew is like any other person who is not saved: they need the Gospel just as much as anyone else, and it is our duty by God to preach the Gospel unto them... not puff them up and put them on a pedestal simply because of their race
And when the blinders come off.. then Paul's prophecy will also come to pass.. where Israel shall be saved.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Super Kal

Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟25,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And when the blinders come off.. then Paul's prophecy will also come to pass.. where Israel shall be saved.

Israel will be saved... But not the way John Hagee, Perry Stone, the writers of the Left Behind series, Jack Van Impe, Hal Lindsay, or any other Dispensationalist/Christian Zionist see it happening.

God sees Israel and the church as one... Not two separate identities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Israel will be saved... But not the way John Hagee, Perry Stone, the writers if the Left Behind series, Jack Van Impe, Hal Lindsay, or any other Dispensationalist/Christian Zionist see it happening.

me too... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Israel will be saved... But not the way John Hagee, Perry Stone, the writers if the Left Behind series, Jack Van Impe, Hal Lindsay, or any other Dispensationalist/Christian Zionist see it happening.

Nonetheless, they are more important of the sheep (Zech. 13:7, Matt. 18:10-14) of the flock (Matt. 26:31).

Upvote 0

Super Kal

Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟25,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
if that be the case, then God is sinning (James 2:1-13) for He is showing favoritism
we are made one in Christ (Ephesians 2:11-22), and God sees no difference in anyone no matter they be Jew or Gentile (Galatians 3:27-28, Galatians 6:15-16, Colossians 3:11, Romans 10:9-13)

dispensationalism is a joke, pure and simple.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
if that be the case, then God is sinning (James 2:1-13) for He is showing favoritism
we are made one in Christ (Ephesians 2:11-22), and God sees no difference in anyone no matter they be Jew or Gentile (Galatians 3:27-28, Galatians 6:15-16, Colossians 3:11, Romans 10:9-13)

Then who are the two twigs he is bringing together. I wouldn't say that God is showing favoritism towards Israel, but rather in assigning the Jews to be in charge of the oracles of God comes responsibility.

To be a part of this commonwealth of Israel also comes responsibilities. Are the people of the commonwealth to join forces with Israel in support and in purpose.

Favoritism would be unmerited. If that were true, then any pagan nation can be favored.

The whole bible story handed down, is the story of one family tree branch's worth of faith in God. With faith comes blessings and responsibilities. You read in the stories of the tribe Noah, Abraham, etc..how the faith was kept, good and bad, and why God chose this family tree to plant His seed. They kept the oracles of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Nonetheless, they are more important of the sheep (Zech. 13:7, Matt. 18:10-14) of the flock (Matt. 26:31).

This is totally contrary to scripture. Abraham levels all that boasting. Rom 3:27.

In Adam, were there some more dead than others? No...so In christ, none are more alive than others, in the new man, read Col 2:11.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Then who are the two twigs he is bringing together. I wouldn't say that God is showing favoritism towards Israel, but rather in assigning the Jews to be in charge of the oracles of God comes responsibility.

To be a part of this commonwealth of Israel also comes responsibilities. Are the people of the commonwealth to join forces with Israel in support and in purpose.

Favoritism would be unmerited. If that were true, then any pagan nation can be favored.

The whole bible story handed down, is the story of one family tree branch's worth of faith in God. With faith comes blessings and responsibilities. You read in the stories of the tribe Noah, Abraham, etc..how the faith was kept, good and bad, and why God chose this family tree to plant His seed. They kept the oracles of God.

we are not in the commonwealth of israel, I live in Tex, I am not of the commonwealth of Virginia, or Mass.

Lookie here, are jews an better off?

having the oracles did not help 3;1, and that is because the Abrahamic promise TO ALL NATIONS did not fail, rom 9, but the jews tried to come in by law and judaism.

3;9What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin,

Upvote 0

Super Kal

Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟25,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

the two twigs would be Jew and Gentile... and YES, He WOULD show the same favor to all. He lets all come to Salvation through Jesus Christ granted they repent, and when they do repent, they all have the same responsibilities as any other Child of God... and no im not saying universal salvation

romans 3 is a good representation of how God sees all the same, because none are good enough for heaven, and all have fallen. the Jews are not held up any higher, and the gentiles are not held up any higher

the root has never been nor ever will be the physical, national Israel.

the root will ALWAYS be Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
we are not in the commonwealth of israel, I live in Tex, I am not of the commonwealth of Virginia, or Mass.

Lookie here, are jews an better off?

having the oracles did not help 3;1, and that is because the Abrahamic promise TO ALL NATIONS did not fail, rom 9, but the jews tried to come in by law and judaism.

3;9What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin,
I know... I recognise your commonwealth by your words and actions.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
the two twigs would be Jew and Gentile... and YES, He WOULD show the same favor to all. He lets all come to Salvation through Jesus Christ granted they repent, and when they do repent, they all have the same responsibilities as any other Child of God... and no im not saying universal salvation

romans 3 is a good representation of how God sees all the same, because none are good enough for heaven, and all have fallen. the Jews are not held up any higher, and the gentiles are not held up any higher

the root has never been nor ever will be the physical, national Israel.

the root will ALWAYS be Jesus Christ.
i get what you are saying. .. for the most part I agree.,.. Israel as a nation on the other hand is a spot on earth that was promised to the bloodline of Abraham. This spot of earth will be the spot where the final battle will be fought. Jerusalem especially will be the focal point, and the temple mount to be exact. The parties involved will be those who have vested interest.

Those who have seen the light, know that God is not in buildings, institutions, nations, but in people who have accepted Him fully. He dwells in heaven, but He rules from our hearts.

;The people who make up Israel as a nation will fulfill the prophecies of what is going down in that area of the world. It will be where the last great war of the world will flare up from. It will involved all nations and God will intervene on behalf of His people, His Truth, and in His Way that fulfills His Purpose. He will return to this spot on earth, after the great pretender has the whole world fooled into being a part of the NWO with Him as King. saying peace when there is no peace...

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

No, that is unconditional love and promise keeping. Deut. 7:6-8, James 1:17, Exodus 32:13

As for your accusatory tone, it is like saying if God doesn't do this, then He's not God. God can violate His own principles because He is not obligated. Job 34:14-15

This is totally contrary to scripture. Abraham levels all that boasting. Rom 3:27.

In Adam, were there some more dead than others? No...so In christ, none are more alive than others, in the new man, read Col 2:11.:)
I see plenty of punishment happening to the Jews, but I don't see it happening to the church.

Where is the persecution?

Upvote 0