Are 'formers' or 'free thinkers' mistreated?

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have made many friends here and we fellowship and rep each other regularly (not here on the SDA boards, necessarily).

It was difficult for me to navigate the boards here at first too. It's related but not the same as what you're used to.

ABSOLUTELY! But be careful. Believing in Christ alone for salvation without attaching 'extras' will cause problems for you here.;)

In CHRIST alone...

Accepting Christ may be what you meant, as even the demons believe in Christ...

Luke 4:41
And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Accepting Christ may be what you meant, as even the demons believe in Christ...

Luke 4:41
And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.
No, I meant BELIEVE. Demons are not BELIEVERS in Christ for salvation.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

In CHRIST alone...

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I meant BELIEVE. Demons are not BELIEVERS in Christ for salvation.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

In CHRIST alone...

Believing also means accepting Him and His message..........especially what He said to follow....

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Believing also means accepting Him and His message..........especially what He said to follow....
I'll stick with Scripture. I'm not saved by mental assent, rather by grace through faith/belief alone in Christ alone.

In CHRIST alone...

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll stick with Scripture. I'm not saved by mental assent, rather by grace through faith/belief alone in Christ alone.

In CHRIST alone...

Are you saying you dont accept Christ, as anyone can claim they believe, but truly accepting Christ into your heart is what brings Christ to be in you and you in Christ.......

So I dont think that 'you dont accept Christ' is what you mean......

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying you dont accept Christ, I dont think that is what you mean......
Come on, red. If you can't pick up from my posts that I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, then you're not reading them.

My mental assent to accept Christ is not what saved me. Accepting Christ happens at different levels as I learn more and more who I am in Christ. The more I study and learn, the more I come to realize that my identity and value are in Christ alone. The Holy Spirit causes me to reflect the glory of God more and more. Jesus is my everything! He has saved me and my surrender to him is the result, not the cause. Christians work FROM victory, NOT toward victory. In Christ it is 100% secure.

In CHRIST alone...

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Come on, red. If you can't pick up from my posts that I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, then you're not reading them.

My mental assent to accept Christ is not what saved me. Accepting Christ happens at different levels as I learn more and more who I am in Christ. The more I study and learn, the more I come to realize that my identity and value are in Christ alone. The Holy Spirit causes me to reflect the glory of God more and more. Jesus is my everything! He has saved me and my surrender to him is the result, not the cause. Christians work FROM victory, NOT toward victory. In Christ it is 100% secure.

In CHRIST alone...

Correct, that is the process of sanctification as the Holy Spirit does its work, and the carnal mind is replaced with the mind of Christ.....

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Red, have you been sanctified?

The Holy Spirit brought me here and back to Christ and to my brothers & sisters in Christ at church, as I had no interest in spiritual things and we called Miami "Sin City" for good reason.... So its changed everything in my life, from my flashy sports cars, the lifestyle at Miami and South Beach, depending on myself instead of trusting in God....so something has happened.....

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit brought me here and back to Christ and to my brothers & sisters in Christ at church, as I had no interest in spiritual things and we called Miami "Sin City" for good reason.... So its changed everything in my life, from my flashy sports cars, the lifestyle at Miami and South Beach, depending on myself instead of trusting in God....so something has happened.....
So, was that a yes? Or a not sure?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

TrustAndObey

Red, for our honeymoon, my husband and I went to a place that had a bunch of log cabins way out in the middle of nowhere. It was so gorgeous.

There was a sign right as we were driving back to where the cabins were that said:

"This property is protected by a shotgun. If you decide this is a clothing optional facility, we will exercise our option to use the gun."

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well lets just say I am not at a "clothing alternative" beach at the moment so you see the shift that has occured....When you accepted Christ, did your life change...?
The very second I realized that he had saved me. My response was to accept him and surrender. My old self was D-E-A-D and I became a N-E-W C-R-E-A-T-I-O-N. I was converted from what I WAS to what HE wanted me to be. I was adopted as a son into God's family through Christ. God Himself moved INTO me as a guarantee of HIS promise of salvation. EVERYTHING changed in an instant, and I'm still discovering what that means today!

In CHRIST alone...

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The very second I realized that he had saved me. My response was to accept him and surrender. My old self was D-E-A-D and I became a N-E-W C-R-E-A-T-I-O-N. I was converted from what I WAS to what HE wanted me to be. I was adopted as a son into God's family through Christ. God Himself moved INTO me as a guarantee of HIS promise of salvation. EVERYTHING changed in an instant, and I'm still discovering what that means today!

In CHRIST alone...

So you died to sin and with the Holy Spirit doing the work of Sanctification, your life changed......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adventtruth

God is the Gospel!
Sep 7, 2006
Raliegh Durham North Carolina
✟18,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So you died to sin and with the Holy Spirit doing the work of Sanctification, your life changed......

Redd which one is true?

(a) If a Christian becomes “born again” (regenerate, transformed in character), he will achieve right standing with God.

(b) If the sinner accepts right standing with God by faith in Christ’s sinless life and atoning death, he will then experience transformation in character.

AT

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Redd which one is true?

(a) If a Christian becomes “born again” (regenerate, transformed in character), he will achieve right standing with God.

(b) If the sinner accepts right standing with God by faith in Christ’s sinless life and atoning death, he will then experience transformation in character.

AT
'
The disciples accepted and believed that Christ was the Son of God, but as you can see from Peters denial their faith was weak as they were trying to do it themselves. The Holy Spirit at Pentacost came down and allowed them to accept Christ in them and they in Christ and be transformed as you can see in the life of Peter afterwards...

Upvote 0