Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
a person who claims to have a supernatural ability to perceive events in the future or beyond normal sensory contact.
You mean like a type of prophet?

Deut 18:
21"You may say in your heart, 'How will we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?'
22"When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

Matt 23:
37 Jerusalem! Jerusalem! that slayeth the prophets, and stoneth them that have been sent unto her,--how often, would I have gathered thy children, like as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings,--and ye would not!
38 Lo! left to ye desolate/wilderness the House of ye!

Reve 18:19
And they cast dust upon their heads and cried out, lamenting and mourning, saying "woe! woe! the great City, in which are rich all the ones having the ships in the sea out of the preciousness of Her,
that to one hour She was desolated

http://www.bible.ca/pre-destruction70AD-george-holford-1805AD.htm
The Destruction Of JERUSALEM

An Absolute and Irresistible PROOF OF THE DIVINE ORIGIN OF CHRISTIANITY:
INCLUDING A NARRATIVE OF THE CALAMITIES WHICH BEFEL THE JEWS, So far as they tend to verify OUR LORD'S PREDICTIONS relative to that event.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
a person who claims to have a supernatural ability to perceive events in the future or beyond normal sensory contact.
I recall before prophets were called prophets they were called see-ers .

Since the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus Christ, and all christians are to testify, in context of that prophecy of Joel used in the book of acts about dreaming dreams and seeing visions .. I'd imagine christians at the very least have the potential.

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
You mean like a type of prophet?

Deut 18:
21"You may say in your heart, 'How will we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?'
22"When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

Matt 23:
37 Jerusalem! Jerusalem! that slayeth the prophets, and stoneth them that have been sent unto her,--how often, would I have gathered thy children, like as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings,--and ye would not!
38 Lo! left to ye desolate/wilderness the House of ye!

Reve 18:19
And they cast dust upon their heads and cried out, lamenting and mourning, saying "woe! woe! the great City, in which are rich all the ones having the ships in the sea out of the preciousness of Her,
that to one hour She was desolated

http://www.bible.ca/pre-destruction70AD-george-holford-1805AD.htm
The Destruction Of JERUSALEM

An Absolute and Irresistible PROOF OF THE DIVINE ORIGIN OF CHRISTIANITY:
INCLUDING A NARRATIVE OF THE CALAMITIES WHICH BEFEL THE JEWS, So far as they tend to verify OUR LORD'S PREDICTIONS relative to that event.

Hi bro! Sure that would apply, but i also think that every day saints hear God by the Spirit, leading, and guiding, teaching giving revelation, etc.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I recall before prophets were called prophets they were called see-ers .

Since the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus Christ, and all christians are to testify, in context of that prophecy of Joel used in the book of acts about dreaming dreams and seeing visions .. I'd imagine christians at the very least have the potential.
Agreed, I also think it's funny that the word is usually used for those in darkness, and have powers not by the Holy Spirit. I never hear the word for Christians though, but it seems by definition, that it can apply.

Upvote 0

cuja1

Sep 28, 2012
Springfield, IL
✟22,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I would say God is clairvoyant, but He gives us knowledge of the future at times.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I would say God is clairvoyant, but He gives us knowledge of the future at times.

I would have to agree with that. There is no inherent ability of any human to see the future. Even prophets had no ability to look into the future if they wanted to. Dreams and visions come as God chooses to whom God chooses, and his preference to use particular people more than others is a matter of convention rather than human ability.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was once in confession a few years ago. At the beginning of our conversation I brought up a particular issue. As part of his advice to me on that issue, my priest said, roughly, "Even if you struggle with X, Y, and Z..." etc. Those three areas that he mentioned ("X", "Y" and "Z") were the exact next three things that I was going to talk about struggling with. Clairvoyance? Coincidence? I don't know.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,189,975.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was once in confession a few years ago. At the beginning of our conversation I brought up a particular issue. As part of his advice to me on that issue, my priest said, roughly, "Even if you struggle with X, Y, and Z..." etc. Those three areas that he mentioned ("X", "Y" and "Z") were the exact next three things that I was going to talk about struggling with. Clairvoyance? Coincidence? I don't know.
That has often happened with our priest. My wife has gone to ask him about a particular issue and before she opens her mouth he gives her instruction on that exact issue. We've heard the same from others in our parish too. :)

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
That has often happened with our priest. My wife has gone to ask him about a particular issue and before she opens her mouth he gives her instruction on that exact issue. We've heard the same from others in our parish too. :)

Like St. Seraphim of Sarov.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

They are called prophets.
St%20Isaiah%20prophet.jpeg

Upvote 0