Are Christians better people on the inside?

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, I am not saying that Christians are better than non-Christians. It is not them, but God causing the better behavior
Good sir, with all due respect, you are lying. You know that you are lying.

There is a long history here. In another thread (Which Commandments? | Christian Forums) you repeatedly made the false claim that I was misrepresenting you as saying it was the person, not God that made the difference. This was a false charge. I was not making this misrepresentation. I repeatedly explained that I was not saying it. You ignored it. I started repeating that I was not saying this multiple times in a post. You kept on ignoring what I said, and repeating the same false charge. I turned to humor. I told you if you repeated the lie again I would laugh so hard I would spit my beer out. That made no difference. You repeated the same lie. I posted a picture of a man spitting out his drink, indicating that we were laughing at the stupidity of you repeating the same lie over and over and expecting it to be OK. That made no difference. You kept up the false charge. I tried a few more of the quips about laughing so hard at your repeated lies that I was spitting my beer out. That made no difference. Then I posted a picture of a hand on a stack of Bibles and told you I was not saying what you claimed. That made no difference. You just kept on repeating the same lie.

You were not posting any quotes where I said the thing you claimed. You just kept repeating the same lie over and over, with no evidence.

You came over to this thread and repeated the false charge. I resorted to emphatic repetition. I said:

I am not saying you say the person makes the difference. You are saying God makes the difference.

I am not saying you say the person makes the difference. You are saying God makes the difference.

That didn't make a bit of difference, did it? You will still write back as though I am saying that you are saying that the person makes the difference, right? [repetition and color font in the original]
In direct response to that post you respond to my words by saying, "No, I am not saying that Christians are better than non-Christians. It is not them, but God causing the better behavior"

So you repeated the false charge that I am misrepresenting you, when it is you that was lying. I never intentionally misrepresented you. And every time you said I did, I bent over backwards to adjust to what you now said, even though it seemed you were constantly changing positions.

Anybody who questions my interpretation of what happened is welcome to read the thread. It is a matter of public record.

Good sir, you are lying. You know you are lying. You could not possibly have seen all those posts and believe I was talking about you saying it was them, not God that makes the difference. And so you repeat the lie that I am making this misrepresentation of you.

Enough is enough. Stop it.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

Aw, c'mon now, why don't you tell us what you really think?

So you repeated the false charge that I am misrepresenting you, when it is you that was lying. I never intentionally misrepresented you. And every time you said I did, I bent over backwards to adjust to what you now said, even though it seemed you were constantly changing positions.

Notice you yourself are saying, "to adjust to what you now said" as if I had changed. I had not changed. I represented my thinking differently in an attempt to get you to understand what I mean, and each time (I think it was each time, though yes there were MANY repetitions of the same claim) you took it, and outright translated it into your words, to claim that is what I was saying when it was not.

You argue like someone else of my close acquaintance, who apparently thought that her thinking was the only valid (not to mention, logical) thinking, and that repetition (at volume) and vehemence would win the intellectual argument.

Puzzling thing to me is, I'm actually starting to like you!

Good sir, you are lying. You know you are lying. You could not possibly have seen all those posts and believe I was talking about you saying it was them, not God that makes the difference. And so you repeat the lie that I am making this misrepresentation of you.

So you say. Well, I don't like you enough to go back through it all with you to show you how you are wrong.

As you wish. Adios.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

There is a long history here. In another thread (Which Commandments? | Christian Forums) you repeatedly made the false claim that I was misrepresenting you as saying it was the person, not God that made the difference. This was a false charge. I was not making this misrepresentation. I repeatedly explained that I was not saying it. You ignored it. I started repeating that I was not saying this multiple times in a post. You kept on ignoring what I said, and repeating the same false charge. I turned to humor. I told you if you repeated the lie again I would laugh so hard I would spit my beer out. That made no difference. You repeated the same lie. I posted a picture of a man spitting out his drink, indicating that we were laughing at the stupidity of you repeating the same lie over and over and expecting it to be OK. That made no difference. You kept up the false charge. I tried a few more of the quips about laughing so hard at your repeated lies that I was spitting my beer out. That made no difference. Then I posted a picture of a hand on a stack of Bibles and told you I was not saying what you claimed. That made no difference. You just kept on repeating the same lie.

You were not posting any quotes where I said the thing you claimed. You just kept repeating the same lie over and over, with no evidence.

You came over to this thread and repeated the false charge. I resorted to emphatic repetition. I said:

That didn't make a bit of difference, did it? You will still write back as though I am saying that you are saying that the person makes the difference, right? [repetition and color font in the original]
In direct response to that post you respond to my words by saying, "No, I am not saying that Christians are better than non-Christians. It is not them, but God causing the better behavior"

Anybody who questions my interpretation of what happened is welcome to read the thread. It is a matter of public record.

Quite frankly you ignored my assertion that I believe God better than all of us and kept claiming I was claiming myself better than others so.... there's that.

If you ignore what we say and claim we are making assertions we never made then there's no discussion based on facts to be had. You seem to want to "discuss" your own preconceived notions on goalposts you created and ignore what others add to the discussion and claim them falsehoods.

No discussion can be had on that basis. You've made up your own mind as to what we do and don't believe and see everything else as false. Enjoy discussing with yourself- since you already have your mind set in stone.

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Quite frankly you ignored my assertion that I believe God better than all of us
I hereby acknowledge that you asserted that you believe God better than all of us.

There. You happy?

and kept claiming I was claiming myself better than others so.... there's that.

Do you or do you not believe that a Christian led by the Holy Spirit tends to become a better person than an Atheist led by his reason?

You've made up your own mind as to what we do and don't believe and see everything else as false. Enjoy discussing with yourself- since you already have your mind set in stone.

Ad hominem. You are attacking the person, not the argument. Please refrain from Ad hominem attacks.

Upvote 0