Aug 4, 2006
Jackson, MI
Visit site
✟8,152.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm Amil, couldn't put a handle on it though of what person it would follow except to say the scripture. Rejected Premillennialism in the 70's after reading The Late Great Planet Earth, by Lindsey. Presupposition gone wild, from him. Dabbled with Postmillemmialism on and off for a few years.

Recently read Riddlebarger's treatment of Amillennialism and thought it to be a pretty good effort, although a bit choppy in places.

Upvote 0
A

Anoetos

I'm Amil, couldn't put a handle on it though of what person it would follow except to say the scripture. Rejected Premillennialism in the 70's after reading The Late Great Planet Earth, by Lindsey. Presupposition gone wild, from him. Dabbled with Postmillemmialism on and off for a few years.

Recently read Riddlebarger's treatment of Amillennialism and thought it to be a pretty good effort, although a bit choppy in places.

I think the weakness of Riddlebarger's treatment is it's obsession with Dispensationalism. I understand that he wrote it as an answer to Dispensationalism, but to then title it "Amillennialism" seems a bit odd.

Hoekema's "The Bible and the Future" is also good.

Upvote 0

BrotherBob

Zealot
Mar 6, 2010
Hornitos, California
✟15,761.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave: Some very good posts! "free will" by definition states that human
beings are able to choose their actions without being caused to do
so by external forces. I choose to call it "self will." Scripture clearly
tells us without God's influence we cannot be saved. I think that
"free will" is a misnomer.

Upvote 0
M

mannysee

I think the weakness of Riddlebarger's treatment is it's obsession with Dispensationalism. I understand that he wrote it as an answer to Dispensationalism, but to then title it "Amillennialism" seems a bit odd.

Hoekema's "The Bible and the Future" is also good.

One thing really jumped out at me after listening to Riddlebarger's Amil 101 audio lecture series: In one of the lectures he got rather riled up and dogmatically almost yelled, "He (Christ) is the true Israel".

Hmmn.

I'm not expert on the Amil subject (do accept it though), but it seems to me that Kim didn't really discuss/or accept? the possibility that "Israel" and its word meaning may also extend beyond Christ and into the new age/whole world when that time happens.
An idea which a few? earlier Amil writers (including Hoekema in his book?) discussed and believed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums