Virginia
✟95,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A person needs to humble the ego, or the Self. Pride like so many other evil devices come from the heart and defile a person. see Mark 7:20 for a substantial list enumerated by Jesus.

Fasting will humble the flesh after it has been weakened by lack of physical food. At the same time give nourishment to the Spirit within you by partaking of spiritual food. See Mat. 4:4.

How to fast? See Isaiah 58.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟67,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe I would feel better if I went to church and made some friends out there. So I will try to motivate myself and go to church... maybe it will help but I doubt a lot about that.
We need to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. We need to be positive and think positive thoughts. When we are negative - doom and gloom then we are depressed. Even sometimes watching stuff on TV can make us depressed because it is negative and not positive. There is plenty of positive energy to feed on. We can avoid the negative energy that makes us depressed. We can not grumble or complain. We need to give thanks and praise to God. Really there is nothing better than that.

Upvote 0

Daviboy

Oct 16, 2022
Québec
✟52,041.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all for your replies. I'm doing a little bit better but I don't know... I don't feel like I am free. I've quit all my sins and all my lust but I feel like I don't have any help. I do want to follow Jesus, I want to give him my life but I don't really feel his Spirit filling me with new desires.

It seems that by leaving God I was so used to leaving only for myself, for the desires of my selfish rotten desires. I want to change but I cannot do it on my own, I need his Holy Spirit and I don't feel it transforming me at all. I really don't want to say anything bad on God but sometimes I get frustrated because it seems to me that I do much effort, I really force myself to seek him. I pray, I read the Word, etc. Sometimes it feels good, sometimes I feel good and I think I have my breaktrough, but it doesn't last long. God promised to reveal himself to anyone who seeks him so I guess the problem has to dwell in me but I don't know what it is, because as I said I really feel like I make the effort and I do want to change... I want Him, I need Him so so much.

I feel like I'm not able to hate my sins. I mean, I don't sin anymore and I hate them because I know it's bad and I know God hate them and they are offensive for him, but I feel there's a part of me still attracted by those sins. That's the help that I need that I don't have and that I really wish I had : hating my sins and having new desires. In short, a change of heart, a restoration. I don't feel that.

I know I made a terrible mistake of turning away from God, I know I messed up and I was very very bad. I did live in sins willfully and I am guilty, I was evil. I took sins too lightly, and I didn't give to God the importance that He deserves. I took him for granted, I shouldn't have, it was very bad. I have absolutely no excuse. But I did acknowledge all my wrongs, I did ask for forgiveness many times, with all the sincerity that I could find in me. I cried out to him to free me from this sinful life, I told him I was so sorry and asked him to take control of my whole life and my whole being, no matter what it should cost me. I don't want to go to hell, I don't want to be God's enemy. I was rebel and I regret SO SO much. Now I want to make good work, but I can't. I try to trust Him with all my heart, but I don't feel any help.

I don't have a good lifestyle because I have because lazy. I really struggle to get out of my bed, but it's because I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I don't want to live for myself anymore and I want to live for God, but I don't know. It seems that my heart can't have and doesn't find any new good desires. In spite of all my prayers, my reading.

I don't know what to do. I'll just keep praying, keep reading the Bible, and be as positive as I can. I'm not doing good, but I suffer less than a few weeks and sometimes I see some hopes... So if you could pray for me, I would really appreciate. Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all for your replies. I'm doing a little bit better but I don't know... I don't feel like I am free. I've quit all my sins and all my lust but I feel like I don't have any help. I do want to follow Jesus, I want to give him my life but I don't really feel his Spirit filling me with new desires.

It seems that by leaving God I was so used to leaving only for myself, for the desires of my selfish rotten desires. I want to change but I cannot do it on my own, I need his Holy Spirit and I don't feel it transforming me at all. I really don't want to say anything bad on God but sometimes I get frustrated because it seems to me that I do much effort, I really force myself to seek him. I pray, I read the Word, etc. Sometimes it feels good, sometimes I feel good and I think I have my breaktrough, but it doesn't last long. God promised to reveal himself to anyone who seeks him so I guess the problem has to dwell in me but I don't know what it is, because as I said I really feel like I make the effort and I do want to change... I want Him, I need Him so so much.

I feel like I'm not able to hate my sins. I mean, I don't sin anymore and I hate them because I know it's bad and I know God hate them and they are offensive for him, but I feel there's a part of me still attracted by those sins. That's the help that I need that I don't have and that I really wish I had : hating my sins and having new desires. In short, a change of heart, a restoration. I don't feel that.

I know I made a terrible mistake of turning away from God, I know I messed up and I was very very bad. I did live in sins willfully and I am guilty, I was evil. I took sins too lightly, and I didn't give to God the importance that He deserves. I took him for granted, I shouldn't have, it was very bad. I have absolutely no excuse. But I did acknowledge all my wrongs, I did ask for forgiveness many times, with all the sincerity that I could find in me. I cried out to him to free me from this sinful life, I told him I was so sorry and asked him to take control of my whole life and my whole being, no matter what it should cost me. I don't want to go to hell, I don't want to be God's enemy. I was rebel and I regret SO SO much. Now I want to make good work, but I can't. I try to trust Him with all my heart, but I don't feel any help.

I don't have a good lifestyle because I have because lazy. I really struggle to get out of my bed, but it's because I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I don't want to live for myself anymore and I want to live for God, but I don't know. It seems that my heart can't have and doesn't find any new good desires. In spite of all my prayers, my reading.

I don't know what to do. I'll just keep praying, keep reading the Bible, and be as positive as I can. I'm not doing good, but I suffer less than a few weeks and sometimes I see some hopes... So if you could pray for me, I would really appreciate. Thank you very much.
a man can't overcome SIN on his own?
the Doubt's your problem. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Daviboy

Oct 16, 2022
Québec
✟52,041.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean ? I don't practice my sins anymore. I just said that I can't genuinely hate them with my heart. I need His Spirtit for that. I hate them with my mind, I know they are evil. But there's a part of my heart that still love them, and I need His Spirit to change that. I can't change my heart on my own, nobody can

Lost Witness
Lost Witness
Again a man can't overcome sin on his own, without the holy spirit to convict us we'd be completely unware as to when we were sinning entirely. :oldthumbsup:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean ? I don't practice my sins anymore. I just said that I can't genuinely hate them with my heart. I need His Spirtit for that. I hate them with my mind, I know they are evil. But there's a part of my heart that still love them, and I need His Spirit to change that. I can't change my heart on my own, nobody can
It's a Matter of DOUBT,
quit doubting him because you expect things to be a certain way.
I went through TRUE REPENTANCE
What you expect and are going to experience aren't the same thing
the DOUBT you have is what's keeping you from realizing his spirit never left you

311136998_142011565216631_13673705056672256_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Daviboy

Oct 16, 2022
Québec
✟52,041.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It's a Matter of DOUBT,
quit doubting him because you expect things to be a certain way.
I went through TRUE REPENTANCE
What you expect and are going to experience aren't the same thing
the DOUBT you have is what's keeping you from realizing his spirit never left you

View attachment 325948
His Spirit has never dwelled in me to begin with. I was a false converted, I'm pretty sure. I tasted the light, had some experience, but never truly had the saving faith. This verse is for his children. I never was.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
His Spirit has never dwelled in me to begin with. I was a false converted, I'm pretty sure. I tasted the light, had some experience, but never truly had the saving faith. This verse is for his children. I never was.
That's not what you said in your OP? :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It may be that you are under the influence of false teaching surrounding Hebrews 6.

Upvote 0

Daviboy

Oct 16, 2022
Québec
✟52,041.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That's not what you said in your OP? :scratch:
My bad. I realised it very recently, last week actually. I remember one day, 12 years ago, after a few weeks of thinking I should give my life to God, I was in my car, I was listening to a Christian song. And suddenly, it was as if the Holy Spirit touched my heart. I realised how bad a sinner I was and how God was beautiful, so I bursted out crying and I asked God for forgiveness. I had the Godly sorrow and I repented. My heart was changed.

Since that day, a lot of things changed in me. I really wanted to please God, I had the deep desire to be more and more like Jesus, I would read the Bible and go to church with high enthousiasm, etc. But even so, now I think back about this period of my life, and I believe I hadn't commited entirely to Jesus, and hadn't received Jesus in my heart with faith. I was aware of what He did for me, but didn't realise that I had to base my salvation only on Him.

Unconcsiously, I didn't put my trust 100% on Him for my salvation. There was a part I was relying on what I would do and on what I was. And even if I did want to live for God and please Him, I think I didn't commit myself entirely on Him. I surrendered a part of me, but not my whole being and my whole life. Only a part. And after a year, I ended up started to sin again, little by little. Until I totally fell away from Him. I'm pretty sure I was never actually born again, just tasted Him and His light

Upvote 0