• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Anyone up for a chat thread?

Discussion in 'Scripture,Tradition,Reason-Anglican & Old Catholic' started by Paidiske, May 18, 2016.

1. Paidiske

Paidiske Clara bonam audax Supporter

+13,454
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    There are a bunch on the motion papers, but the two I expect to be particularly difficult deal with:

- responding to a neighbouring diocese which is moving to introduce a form of blessing for civil marriages (our church does not solemnise same-sex marriages, but this would, by default, allow a form of church blessing after the fact for such marriages; and this neighbouring diocese is the first in Australia to do such a thing).
    - responding to the formation of a breakaway conservative Anglican group in Aotearoa/New Zealand (which also seems to have ambitions here).

2. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,684
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    That sounds like "fun."

I'll pray for you tonight...

3. Paidiske

+13,454
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    Much appreciated!

4. Philip_B

Philip_B all shall be well and all shall be well and ... Supporter

+4,499
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
  5. Paidiske

+13,454
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    As if many of us haven't been wondering for years why Sydney hasn't had the courage and integrity to leave, yet...

6. Shane R

Shane R Priest Supporter

+573
    United States
    Anglican
    Widowed
    I celebrated a 1662 service of Holy Communion for the first time today, the feast of All Saints. The rector likes to use the slightly shorter (than 1928 American) rite in occasional weekday services.

7. Paidiske

+13,454
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    The only 1662 service I've celebrated is evensong.

I'm also working with a first, though; on Monday I'm taking my first funeral for a child, a stillborn boy. :(

8. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+2,210
    Anglican
    Married
    Prayers and best wishes for you, Mother Padiske, and for the child's family as well.

9. Paidiske

+13,454
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    Thanks, seeking. It's times like this I'm so humbled by the privilege of ministry; to be allowed into people's lives and hearts at their most overwhelmed and vulnerable; to be trusted to love and care for them.

Grief is a long and hard journey; the least we can give people is that they need not be alone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. ChristianGirl_96

ChristianGirl_96 Well-Known Member

+707
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    In Relationship
    What are your favorite hobbies?

11. Paidiske

+13,454
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    I struggle to find time for hobbies, to be honest. I love to read, though, and I dabble with origami.

12. Paidiske

+13,454
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    84309054_2713061082248841_2402174375429144576_n.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Shane R

Shane R Priest Supporter

+573
    United States
    Anglican
    Widowed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was in Ecuador for most of the past week. We kept a grueling schedule but it was productive. And my heart hurts for the Venezualan refugees we met. Our last day there, they shared breakfast and stories with us. . .

• Like Like x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  14. Tigger45

Tigger45 St. Francis of Assisi Supporter

+8,485
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    My wife and her sister just got back from Venezuela last Sunday visiting family who are actually Colombian. It is tough in Venezuela and they wish their remaining family members would move to safety.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. Shane R

Shane R Priest Supporter

+573
    United States
    Anglican
    Widowed
    You were enchanted by an Hispanic woman too?

I miss mine often.