Anyone know anything about Black Walnuts and drying time?

I read on the internet to dry the nuts two weeks, but they are still moist inside.

Any suggestions? Any wisdome about this process would be most welcome. I am interested but completely ignorant.

Thanks
t

Any new political info concerning Christians? -- Please let my site know at www.patriotreview.com (christian conservative politics)

pixie_dust

crazy peep
Oct 14, 2003
right here, right now
Visit site
✟215.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i'm not really sure about this one but lemme get this straight....u want to dry them so that u can preserve them for longer shelf life? i'm not really familiar with the drying procces with walnuts since i'm from the tropics but i think that u have to know the required moisture content for one to be able to store their wallnuts without having the fear of them spoiling or getting fungus.

i know that when preserving corn kernels, the moisture content should be 14% maximum...i dunno about walnuts.

Upvote 0
We had one of those trees in our yards in Ky when I was a young. I remember picking them up and placing them on a picnic table to dry in the sun. The husk/green covering did have to dry up and fall away.(turning a terrible black color) This also stains your hands so wear gloves if possible. I just remember leaving them on the table and hoping they would dry enough to crack open and eat. We never did anything else with them.

Upvote 0