Clay J

Mar 6, 2013
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mary,
I dont know everything. That quality is way above my pay grade :)

I have found it very true though that "The traditions of men make void the power of God."

What I do,as a rule is what Jesus instructed his disciples to do when he sent them out to spread the gospel and set the captives free. First I ask if the person would mind if I ask the Holy Spirit to bring his peace. Jesus instructed: When you enter a home, offer peace… If they receive your peace (that passes understanding) then stay and share in their hospitality. If they say no … then take back your peace and leave. Peace is a huge element in the process. Huge. When people accept/ agree to let me invite the peace of the Holy Spirit they are completely disarmed. Happens every time. They have to be open and willing of course … but if they are … an amazing sense of peace just overwhelms them … I mean right now. They are startled. Jesus knew exactly what he was doing when he said to offer God's peace. It is a strategy that drives back the darkness. That peace, of God, (that bypasses human understanding) wipes away every fear... cuts through every doubt like a hot knife through butter. Simply/ quickly clears the air.

They are completely disarmed because they know that something amazing is going on inside of them. I explain that it is the way that the Holy Spirit, the perfect gentleman, introduces himself. Then I say… lets see what the Holy Spirit wants to do next. I am going to pray and ask the Holy Spirit for the will of God in your life. At that point, full of amazing peace, they are all ears and anticipating something more amazing...
I simply ask… If the person responds with a yes … I move forward. If the answer is no … I stop. I always explain that the Holy Spirit is a perfecrt gentleman and will never ever force his will. But if invited…he loves to share the love and power of God the Father.
If there is need for healing … I wait and listen/ sense if the virtue is flowing. If it is not I ask the HS for guidance. Several things can block the flow of healing… Lack of understanding. Fear. Anger. Unconfessed sin. Unforgiveness. I saw one healing blocked, though the child's mama was desperate to get her daughter healed, because the little girl's mother would not allow anything to touch her daughter. She had a mental/ emotional wall built around her daughter and had no idea she was doing it… and she had to be instructed to let go and trust God if she wanted her daughter to be set free. As soon as the mom agreed to let go … the virtue/ Holy Spirit power rushed out of me and she was healed.
I have seen times when healing is delayed. I have seen times when healing doesnt happen. Usually it is a direct result of a lack of trust/ unforgivness … or understanding or a flat refusal to let go of something.

In the Bible it clearly states that Jesus healed them all. All…is ALL. That is my default position. I mean… if a person is 96 yrs old and they just want to go home thats one thing.
If a person is in the prime of life then healing is the children's bread. I feel the power for healing. I mean I feel a sensation that I know from long experience to be virtue/ healing power. When it is blocked … I know immediately.
I have never ever sensed that God did not want to heal. I have often sensed that the person just did not receive. A good friend of mine with a brain tumor said … stop praying for me. I can feel the powerful effect of your prayers. I dont want them. I just want to go home. I honored his request. in a few months he was gone. the pipeline is wide open on God's end … We are the ones that close the spigot with traditions. wrong ideas lack of understanding … But the word of the Lord is like a hammer that really does shatter the rocks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

maryofoxford

Apr 12, 2012
Michigan
✟8,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mary,

I have found it very true though that "The traditions of men make void the power of God."

What I do,as a rule is what Jesus instructed his disciples to do when he sent them out to spread the gospel and set the captives free. First I ask if the person would mind if I ask the Holy Spirit to bring his peace. Jesus instructed: When you enter a home, offer peace… If they receive your peace (that passes understanding) then stay and share in their hospitality. If they say no … then take back your peace and leave. Peace is a huge element in the process. Huge. When people accept/ agree to let me invite the peace of the Holy Spirit they are completely disarmed. Happens every time. They have to be open and willing of course … but if they are … an amazing sense of peace just overwhelms them … I mean right now. They are startled. Jesus knew exactly what he was doing when he said to offer God's peace. It is a strategy that drives back the darkness. That peace, of God, (that bypasses human understanding) wipes away every fear... cuts through every doubt like a hot knife through butter. Simply/ quickly clears the air.

They are completely disarmed because they know that something amazing is going on inside of them. I explain that it is the way that the Holy Spirit, the perfect gentleman, introduces himself. Then I say… lets see what the Holy Spirit wants to do next. I am going to pray and ask the Holy Spirit for the will of God in your life. At that point, full of amazing peace, they are all ears and anticipating something more amazing...
I simply ask… If the person responds with a yes … I move forward. If the answer is no … I stop. I always explain that the Holy Spirit is a perfecrt gentleman and will never ever force his will. But if invited…he loves to share the love and power of God the Father.
If there is need for healing … I wait and listen/ sense if the virtue is flowing. If it is not I ask the HS for guidance. Several things can block the flow of healing… Lack of understanding. Fear. Anger. Unconfessed sin. Unforgiveness. I saw one healing blocked, though the child's mama was desperate to get her daughter healed, because the little girl's mother would not allow anything to touch her daughter. She had a mental/ emotional wall built around her daughter and had no idea she was doing it… and she had to be instructed to let go and trust God if she wanted her daughter to be set free. As soon as the mom agreed to let go … the virtue/ Holy Spirit power rushed out of me and she was healed.
I have seen times when healing is delayed. I have seen times when healing doesnt happen. Usually it is a direct result of a lack of trust/ unforgivness … or understanding or a flat refusal to let go of something.

In the Bible it clearly states that Jesus healed them all. All…is ALL. That is my default position. I mean… if a person is 96 yrs old and they just want to go home thats one thing.
If a person is in the prime of life then healing is the children's bread. I feel the power for healing. I mean I feel a sensation that I know from long experience to be virtue/ healing power. When it is blocked … I know immediately.
I have never ever sensed that God did not want to heal. I have often sensed that the person just did not receive. A good friend of mine with a brain tumor said … stop praying for me. I can feel the powerful effect of your prayers. I dont want them. I just want to go home. I honored his request. in a few months he was gone. the pipeline is wide open on God's end … We are the ones that close the spigot with traditions. wrong ideas lack of understanding … But the word of the Lord is like a hammer that really does shatter the rocks.

Clay--I'm curious; why do you refer to the Holy Spirit as "Virtue", as in "I wait and listen/sense if the virtue is flowing." and, the virtue/Holy Spirit power rushed out of me".., or "to be virtue/Healing power." ?

Also, I'm curious as to why you've brought up a few times in this post, "the traditions of men". I tend to be sensitive to that phrase because I've found in the past that when a non-Catholic uses that phrase that are often inferring that the Catholics believe in them.

Lastly, Jesus did Not heal everyone that asked Him for a healing. He makes plain that he was not able to do many miracles in His home town because of the lack of faith that was there. (I'm not saying that to argue with you, because the "lack of faith" is exactly what you've brought up here. I'm just pointing it out for clarity's sake.) We also cannot assume that just because the Bible doesn't say that there were people that asked to be healed, and had faith in Him, that were NOT healed by Him for some reason, (as in God was calling them home), that He healed everyone that asked. Jesus was in fact God, and sometimes we ask things of God that are not in our best interest. It isn't always in our best interest to remain on this Earth. Sometimes, since Heaven is our real home, if we are believers, the best interest for us is to go and be with God! So, as God, it is entirely possible that Jesus discerned that healing was NOT in someone's best interest, and so He did not heal them. (Mind you, I do not believe that Jesus EVER would have tried to heal someone that had faith in Him, but was unable to! Only lack of faith is ever named as preventing Jesus from healing someone.), but this doesn't mean that Jesus would have simply refused to pray for that healing, since the person was asking for something that wasn't good for them. I hope that makes sense. It sounds a little confusing the way I've written it.

I just get a little tired of people (not you necessarily), thinking that death is always a bad thing, or even that suffering is always a bad thing. Death can be a GREAT thing if we are going to Heaven! Suffering can be a good thing too, as carrying our own cross is a way that we are often purified. As Jesus said, that we should, "pick up our cross and follow Him."

I'm enjoying this talk. Thanks for clearing up things for me.

Mary

Upvote 0

therealandy

Mar 13, 2013
Fort Smith, Arkansas, USA
✟7,619.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, I have experienced unmistakable and undeniable healing miracles. One time I had such a bad case of bursitus in my left shoulder (I'm left-handed) and the pain was excruciating day and night. I couldn't lift my arm above my shoulders height and I couldn't use my left hand. I couldn't sleep, and at night I would sit up in a chair and cry, because the pain was that bad. But to exercize my faith I would drive out to a nearby lake, where I could be alone. I wore a walk-man and played tapes of praise and worship music, and raised my right hand up towards the sky. I sang along with the tapes and I poured my heart into it. I worshipped Jesus with my right hand. One Sunday morning I went forward to the alter and asked my Pastor to lay hands on me and pray for me, which he did. That night I had a vision about the stripes that wounded Jesus on His back. For the first time in more than a month I slept well all night. When I woke up in the morning I heard the audible voice of Jesus. He said; "Stand up, raise your hands to me, and praise me for your healing". I jumped out of bed and both hands and arms shot out above my head. The freedom of motion had been restored, and there was no longer any trace of pain or disability. I praised Jesus exhuberantly for healing me. I was healed of that horrible bursitis, and it has never returned again! ~Andy

Reactions: Tobias
Upvote 0

therealandy

Mar 13, 2013
✟7,619.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's OK... When the woman with the issue of blood touched the hem of Jesus robe she was healed. And Jesus turned around and said; "Who touched me? For I perceive that VIRTUE has flowed out of me". Don't take a put-down from someone who has never been a serious student of the Bible. ~Andy

Upvote 0

therealandy

Mar 13, 2013
✟7,619.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Beloved, I wish ABOVE ALL THINGS that you prosper, and BE IN HEALTH, even as your Soul prospers". ALL sickness originates with satan, and it's God's will to "heal everyone". John 10:10 Jesus said; "The thief (satan) comes only to steal, kill, and destroy. But I (Jesus) have come that they might have life and that they might have it in abundance". That verse is the Great Divide of the Scriptures. God's will is ALWAYS to heal! ~Andy

Upvote 0

therealandy

Mar 13, 2013
✟7,619.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Whenever Jesus can't heal someone because of their lack of faith that certainly doesn't mean that it's not his will to heal them The weakness is on the recipiants side not on the providers side. If they had the faith to receive their healing, they WOULD be healed. ~Andy

Upvote 0

maryofoxford

Apr 12, 2012
Michigan
✟8,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Suffering is NEVER a good thing, and it's not in God's will for His people! ~Andy

I would submit for your consideration 1 Pet3:14, and 1 Pet 3:17, and Rev 2:9-10.

Even more so is Col 1:24,"Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake and in my FLESH I complete what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is the Church, of which I became a minister according to the divine office which was given to me for you, to make the word of God fully known, the mystery hidden for ages and generations fut now made manifest to the saints."

Or, Rom 5:3-5, "More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." (RSV).

There are many more scriptures that attest to the value of suffering. Yes, sometime suffering is used to give glory to God by the gifts which He has shared with us. Sometimes, however, we are told to be patient and wait for a healing while the redemptive act of suffering produces "endurance" etc. Yet, there are still sometimes when suffering is allowed for a greater good still, and that is that it can be used to bring people to Christ, or strengthen their faith in Christ. A good example of this is the martyrs. It is through the blood of the martyrs that the faith of Christ's church was watered, and the more people were martyred the more His church grew!

So, I don't see anywhere in the Bible where suffering is spoken of as a bad thing. It's only a lack of faith in the ability of Christ to heal you, and therefore a lack of faith in Christ as God, that is the bad thing. We must always be careful though not to think that God depends on the faith of the one doing the praying, in order for a healing to take place, because to do that puts the power in human hands, and is saying that God cannot act independently of people. We certainly have seen enough examples of God acting independently of a person's faith in the Bible; just look at the conversion of Saul/Paul for that.

Thoughts?

BTW, I don't wish to highjack this thread, and get too far off of the original OP. If this needs to continue much more on this track, it would be better to start another thread.;)

Upvote 0

maryofoxford

Apr 12, 2012
Michigan
✟8,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's OK... When the woman with the issue of blood touched the hem of Jesus robe she was healed. And Jesus turned around and said; "Who touched me? For I perceive that VIRTUE has flowed out of me". Don't take a put-down from someone who has never been a serious student of the Bible. ~Andy

Andy--I'm a little confused about your last sentence. Did you put Clay down for something??

I'm sure you couldn't have meant such an unkind thing toward me, since that would be cruel and unChristian and everyone on here has confessed to believing in the Creed and to be a follower of Jesus the Christ.

I was confused as to why Clay used the word Virtue for Holy Spirit. It is not something that current translations of the New Testament commonly use and the most accurate translations would have the word, "power" used in place of "virtue" since we are translating to the vernacular.

If for some reason you are referring such an unkind statement to me, you are "judging" (which this "unserious student of the Bible" is quite sure is a sin and condemned in Sacred Scripture. Do you need proof texts for that?) I don't need to back my knowledge of Sacred Scripture, or just how long I've studied it to you. You have no knowledge about:crossrc: me, and could only have made a statement and aimed it toward me based on a long held prejudice (again something Sacred Scripture speaks against.) I only need to be concerned "about Jesus, and Him crucified."

However, thank-you for clearing up my confusion on the use of the word, and that it is a translational problem. Greek doesn't always translate well into the vernacular, especially English. I think this contributes to many different splits in the Protestant churches, as people decide what these words that are foreign to the modern usage mean to them. An issue when persons unfamiliar with the original Greek and especially the old Aramaic language encounter when translating. Even in the best of translations words just don't translate easily.

Peace of Christ, Brother.:crossrc:
Mary

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

SAChristian1937

I have read most of the above - I have never been privileged enough to see a miracle - yes i have heard people say "Oh I can hear now" - or Oh my headache is gone" , etc - but have never seen an evidential miracle such as a missing leg growing on and the likes - yes many 2nd hand accounts of some one who heard from someone etc. So my first question is about the passage where Jesus says "whatsoever you ask the Father etc etc.
This is a clear statement without conditionality attached.
It stands alone as a definite promise. If this were ever to become reality we would all have miracles to talk about - I believe that the meaning of that very passage has not yet been reveled as hitherto it is not yet true. Yet many churches hammer on its truth without explanantion as to how to make this true or evidence of its truth.
I earnestly seek a genuine reply to my question, not something that is someones personal opinion. Clearly to this day this has not been truth - thus not the word of God - God does not lie, and the bible is true - so this being the case we do not truly know what is actually meant there... do we?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Years after my conflict against witchcraft, I came down with Gout. I had it for many years. I then had a spirit cast off my lower back over one of my kidneys at a meeting and my gout was cured. The visiting minister even stated that I had 5 bands of darkness around my chest, the spirit on my back and that they were all sent by witchcraft. He didn't know anything about my back ground. I had already broken off a death curse that was trying to drive me to suicide.

It turned out the coven had been sending curses against me while they were in prison even long after the actual conflict had ended. It has taken years for the excess uric acid deposits to work their way out of my system but my kidney is now functioning properly.

It was more of a deliverance then an actual healing. The illness had a demonic cause. The cause of the illness was removed but I still had to naturally flush the excess uric acid build up out naturally. The damage it caused to my joints is still in the process of healing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
S

SAChristian1937

Miracles.
I am a total newbie to this site and can't keep away from it - I find that cell meetings and other gatherings of this nature are not good forums to speak out freely about the things of faith that are near and dear to one or perhaps worrying and scary to speak about openly.
Before I tell of my miracle I want to say that I DO NOT agree with the theory that to get a miracle or a prayer answered, one must have faith.
The man at Bethesda (John 5-1:16) merely complained to Jesus when spoken to and said that he was to slow to be in the water first after the angel stirred up the water - Jesus healed him. There was no question of faith. I believe that the person who is given the Spiritual Gift of Healing must have the faith that Jesus will heal the one he feels spiritually led to pray for.

Miracle1.
An unknow prophetes came to a service which I attended - for this reason I hid away in the utmost corner of the church as I was petrified that she would expose my life to the people in my church, for what I had been and possibly in many ways still was, but my curiosity drove me to go. (The Holy Spirit leading me)
She would only prophesy if a portable tape recorder was present - for each individual she prophesied to, a new tape was inserted and on completion handed to them.
After some time she reached the back of the church and pointed in my direction saying "I have a message from God for you" I nudged the guy next to me and said "she is speaking to you" - she rejected this notion outright and called ME out of the pugh - now I am physically handicapped but as I passed in front of about 20 people sitting in this pugh, each having to contort their legs as i pushed passed to get to the aisle where she stood waiting for me, it is not possible that she could have noticed my handicap. I stood directly next to te end of the pugh and held on to the pugh as I stood. There is simply no way that she could have know of my physical impairement. A tape was inserted into the recoreder. I remember only one thingh she said to me - (I have lost the tape in my travels) this was that God said that she should tell me that as I heal other people so He will heal me.
On completion of her prophesy for me she directed me to the very front pugh of the church and told me to pray for those seated there. Amongst them was our worship leader wrapped in a rug as he had a severe bout of flu and laringitis (spelling?). I walked down. This was the first time she was able to identify my physical disability which is quite prononced.
I did not know what to pray, so I said the same thing to each of them seated there, saying "God has send me to say that He wants to heal your problem, so in the name of Jesus be set free from what ever your problem is." So I moved down the pugh until I had prayed for all.

The next night the Prophetes asked if there were any testimonies from the previous night. It was evident for all to see as only 24 hours later there was the worship leader, in great voice and leading the worship. He testified that when I laid my hands on his shoulder he felt an almost uncomfortable heat/glow penetrate his body and instantly after this he was able to speak to his wife next to him. I was not there at that specific moment - but I do know he was not able to speak the previous night and the very next night he was leading worship and singing in full voice.No doctor or any other medical professional could have cured him that fast - we all know that these conditions can take many days to leave ones body.

Miracle 2.
I got up that particular morning and ambled to the kitchen for some coffee.
There she was sitting at the kitchen table not looking happy, sipping tea. I asked about her problem and she said that she had a sleepless night as her "Bursitis" (Spelling?) was and still is very painful. I do not know what this is and neither do I know what the cure for this is, but I believe that it is seldom healed. It impaired her ability to mave freely as it is a condition that seems to limit free groin movement as I understand it from her. I said to her to follow me - I asked her to sit on the edge of the bed and tolsd her that I wanted to pray for this pain to be healed.
I did so in very simple language as I am not a man of eloquant speach. The prayer was short and direct. 6 Years later (I see her regularly - we are good friends)- the pain has never returned and she remains healed. Not me - but through Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit...All the honour and glory belongs to Jesus.
To my shame I say that since then I have never prayed openly for anyone else - apart from my own healing. At age 76 I have just undergone a very serious stomach operation - (12 days in ICU) - 3 month later I am as well as I have ever been - Praise God and Glorify Him for all the things we get so freely in life through his grace.

A devout Jesus follower - but not a christian. These are 2 different things!

Upvote 0

Clay J

Mar 6, 2013
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have read most of the above - I have never been privileged enough to see a miracle - yes i have heard people say "Oh I can hear now" - or Oh my headache is gone" , etc - but have never seen an evidential miracle such as a missing leg growing on and the likes - yes many 2nd hand accounts of some one who heard from someone etc. So my first question is about the passage where Jesus says "whatsoever you ask the Father etc etc.
This is a clear statement without conditionality attached.
It stands alone as a definite promise. If this were ever to become reality we would all have miracles to talk about - I believe that the meaning of that very passage has not yet been reveled as hitherto it is not yet true. Yet many churches hammer on its truth without explanantion as to how to make this true or evidence of its truth.
I earnestly seek a genuine reply to my question, not something that is someones personal opinion. Clearly to this day this has not been truth - thus not the word of God - God does not lie, and the bible is true - so this being the case we do not truly know what is actually meant there... do we?

As I said earlier, I am no expert, although I have experienced, first hand, some pretty amazing things that can only be explained as the direct hand of God.
I had bad headaches, for 10 years, when someone tells you… Oh, my headache is gone… either they are telling the truth … or not. People who deal with headaches … dont mess with the truth about their condition. I know this is second hand but... Trust me, my headaches are …GONE!!!!!. :thumbsup:

Jesus had authority because he submitted himself to the authority of hie Father. "I and my Father are one."
In answer to your question… the short answer, I think, is the fact that Jesus was addressing his disciples when he said ask anything. They (disciples… willingly submitted to Jesus training and authority) were trained, through time and experience to a certain point to exercise faith. They had seen amazing things.. one after another… morning to night for 3.5 years... and knew that Jesus said what he meant and meant what he said.
That training is vital to receiving IMHO. That is why Jesus said … go and make disciples. Not all Christians are trained in every area of Christianity.
The Bible/ Old Testament is full of stories about promises made by God. David, Joseph, Moses ... The pattern is always the same … There is a promise.. there is a time of testing/ training and seeming failure… then there is fulfillment.

John Lake, one of the great men of faith in the last century, just about lost everything to illness until he started ignoring the doubters and forcefully taking hold of what God promised. His legacy is proof of how it is done. Read about Heidi Baker and John Lake. Their experiences are not just for them. They are examples of how God works in anyone that is willing to take up the cross and follow. "God is no respecter of persons" he treats all equally where faith is concerned.
Most people just wish and call it a prayer and then say this stuff doesnt work. Their faith is in their own thoughts… not in God.
God honors commitment.

There is a woman that ministers today in Africa, Heidi Baker. She longed for God to heal through her when she prayed for these starving, dying children. She prayed for people one after another without results for many months … til she almost gave up. Today she experiences amazing miracles on a daily basis.
God tests and trains before he releases. The promise goes like this… "If …. my people, called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways and seek my face …. then… I will hear and heal."

Turning and seeking are the cross that we are required to bear. But God never ever rejects faithfulness. In fact he exalts it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

maryofoxford

Apr 12, 2012
Michigan
✟8,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mary,

Thanks again Clay for explaining yourself so well.

I don't know what makes a "serious student of the Bible" as Andy doesn't seem to think that I am. Perhaps in his definition of that, he's right, but then I don't know what measuring rod he's using. I do know this: I am not making fun of you, or arguing with you; I'm simply seeking to understand you.

So, if Andy is telling me what you believe, then the Virtue is another word for the Power of the Holy Spirit? That's not in any of the Bibles that I typically use, so I wasn't aware of that translation.

I've heard of people with the gift of Healing speak of feeling a power go out of them, and then I've also heard of people with that same gift say that as they use their gift they actually feel stronger, and then some say they don't feel anything either way. So it's interesting, and I have no clue as to why the differences. Since that isn't my gift, I have no personal knowledge of this.

So it's my understanding that you feel that God means for everyone to be healed immediately, is that correct? That you also feel that it is only the person's lack of faith, or something personal that they have that is blocking the healing, or delaying it's effects, and you've stated what you feel those things are.

If that is the case, how do you explain Paul's "thorn in the flesh" even though he states that "he is making up in his FLESH for what is lacking..." I would find it very hard to believe that Paul didn't have faith in God's healing power, or unforgiveness, etc. Yet, he states that he had asked three times that it be removed, and it wasn't.

It states in 1 John 5:14-15, "And this is the confidence which we have in him, that if we ask anything ACCORDING TO HIS WILL he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have obtained the requests made of him."

I believe that we should be taking the Bible as a WHOLE, and not just pulling out sentences and using them to suit our needs. (Again, pls understand that I am NOT saying that YOU do this.) I used to think that every answer to prayer rested on my faith ALONE. That I didn't need to concern myself with the perfect will of God. I thought that if I wanted a corvette, etc. All I had to do was ask and believe without doubting that I had it, and God would give it to me. It took God placing me flat on my back for a solid year, in pain, to realize that I am HIS! I had to learn to surrender myself to Him completely and to be completely satisfied with Him using me in whatever way HE deemed necessary! (Basically I had a Job experience). I begged, conjoled, pleaded, prayed believing for my healing, was prayed over and anointed, etc. The Lord didn't heal me of that burden until I was ready to surrender and tell Him that it was fine with me if he wanted me broken! I needed to tell Him that, however HE chose to use me was just fine with me (and truly mean that). Because I realized that sometimes the Lord chooses to leave people in pain, or with a heavy cross for the good of others. It was only when I told Him that I would let Him use me broken, if broken served His needs, that He healed me from that sick bed. That is the kind of faith that I believe Christ looks for from each of us. It is total unconditional love! I don't love Him because He will heal me and grant me whatever I wish (like a genie in a bottle), but I love Him BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED ME! That's it! I love Him, because I am only complete when I am one with Him. Like Job, the question is always, what will we do if we stop feeling the presence of God? Will we keep faithful to Him? Or, do we only love Him for what He can give us? Are we only USING HIM? It is when we come to terms with God as the potter and we as the clay in His hands, that He can mold us, to use us in whatever way He sees fit. Sometimes God places us in the hottest part of the fire in order to "burn off all of the impurities", Gold is made purer when it is placed in the hottest part of the furnace and left there for sometime. God does refine us as gold tested in a furnace.

So I pray for my healing, and I trust that whatever He chooses to do with me after that, is the best thing possible. Do I stop asking for Him to heal me? NO. I believe that He will heal me completely, when it is the best thing possible for Him! When my purpose for carrying a heavy cross is completed. Then I trust that He will remove the cross. In the meantime I carry the cross, but it becomes lighter, because He has shifted the heavy burden to HIS shoulders and traded me for His lighter yoke. This makes it possible.

The most saintly people I knew, not only had the gift of healing, but also the gift of discernment. They knew what the Lord wanted for the person, and if it was the person's time to go to Heaven, they would pray for the Lord to take away the pain, and give the person peace. They would still die,but they died peacefully, and embraced death as a friend.

We all must die sometime, not everyone that has Cancer will be healed even by a person with a gift for healing like your own. Certainly some WILL receive the healing, and their faith in God's ability and willingness to heal them, if it be His will, is a must! We always must be willing to submit to the will of God for each of us.

Anyway, I believe that this is very scriptural, and it has allowed me to have peace and trust the Lord in all things, because He loves me and I love Him.

Thank-you and I wish you well in your Healing ministry. --Mary:crosseo:

Upvote 0