Anyone else in this forum a fan of extreme fighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHB_MMA

Veteran
Apr 9, 2006
✟16,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Anyone else in this forum a fan of no-holds barred/mixed martial arts/extreme fighting sports? I am just curious because I spend a great deal of my CF time on TAW and wondered if anyone has common interests.

From my username, some may have guessed my fondness of such sports. I love training in muay thai. I constantly wrestle between putting time into my career, M.A. and "normal" things or putting all my time into training in hopes of stepping into the cage a couple times or so before I'm 40-ish.

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I really enjoyed the first five UFCs. Royce is my hero ;)

I was disappointed when they added rounds and time limits. Gracie would have taken Shamrock out, given time. I've watched a few since then, but haven't really been able to get into it like I used to.

Upvote 0

GBTWC

God bless the Working class
Apr 13, 2008
were am I ?!?
✟18,321.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Iam and I trained about 7 years straight Muay Thai, Jeet kun do, silate, eskrima, and sivate, now Im saving money for other thing that have priority in my life, but I still love to watch the fights I think when you understand what they are doing It seems less brutal and more strategic

Upvote 0

NHB_MMA

Veteran
Apr 9, 2006
✟16,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
I really enjoyed the first five UFCs. Royce is my hero ;)

I was disappointed when they added rounds and time limits. Gracie would have taken Shamrock out, given time. I've watched a few since then, but haven't really been able to get into it like I used to.

Sorry, man. I have a healthy disliking for Royce Gracie and was loving watching Matt Hughes (good, humble Godly man) give him a beatdown a couple years ago.

Rules were inevitable. I like them. I don't like the barbaric nature of the early UFCs. Nothing will ever truly compare to a real streetfight in a civilized society, so to me I'd rather see a good sport activity than brutality.

Upvote 0

NHB_MMA

Veteran
Apr 9, 2006
✟16,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Iam and I trained about 7 years straight Muay Thai, Jeet kun do, silate, eskrima, and sivate, now Im saving money for other thing that have priority in my life, but I still love to watch the fights I think when you understand what they are doing It seems less brutal and more strategic

Wow. I don't have your level of training, but wish I did. If I had that skill and knowledge, I'd be contacting all kinds of small show promoters and dreaming of getting into "the house" on Spike TV.

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sorry, man. I have a healthy disliking for Royce Gracie and was loving watching Matt Hughes (good, humble Godly man) give him a beatdown a couple years ago.

Rules were inevitable. I like them. I don't like the barbaric nature of the early UFCs. Nothing will ever truly compare to a real streetfight in a civilized society, so to me I'd rather see a good sport activity than brutality.
A few of the early fights were bad (Hess v Anderson, anyone; Abbott). But a lot of it was just good fights. Gracie, Gordeau, Shamrock, Jennum, Severn, Taktarov, Good fighters, and great fights.

And I don't mean to make it sound like I have a "problem" with the rules. It's just that I really liked the early fights, I know Gracie would have won v Shamrock if it weren't for the time limit, and UFC 5 was about the last one I really, really got into.

But now you got me itching for it again. :doh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GBTWC

Apr 13, 2008
were am I ?!?
✟18,321.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wow. I don't have your level of training, but wish I did. If I had that skill and knowledge, I'd be contacting all kinds of small show promoters and dreaming of getting into "the house" on Spike TV.
ya sometimes Ive thought about it but family and work come first and also Im 37 and dont heal as fast as I used to plus my first match would be gettin past my wife cuz she dont want me hurt and trust me I think she can take me :doh:
Ive trained with some of the U.f.C. guy's Like Eric paulson , Kimo ,Tito , and Razor and tiki from the WEC
And its kinda cool the Gym thats owned by Razor and Tito is connected in the same strip mall as my Church so I got to meet rampage when he was there a couple of weeks ago and Ive seen alot of the guys from the ultimate fighter house come in

praise God

Upvote 0

GBTWC

Apr 13, 2008
were am I ?!?
✟18,321.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Nope, not a fan of violence.
what about ping-pong I cant stand the way they brutilize those little balls

noname.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GBTWC

Apr 13, 2008
were am I ?!?
✟18,321.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
OK I know this sounds wacky but I came home from church on Sunday and rampage and two of his friends were walking around my apartments Im not sure what they were doing it looked like his friends were thinking about renting here but I could tell he didn't want to be bothered so I let them be

Upvote 0

NHB_MMA

Veteran
Apr 9, 2006
✟16,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
OK I know this sounds wacky but I came home from church on Sunday and rampage and two of his friends were walking around my apartments Im not sure what they were doing it looked like his friends were thinking about renting here but I could tell he didn't want to be bothered so I let them be

Yeah, I'd leave Rampage alone, as it seems he's gone a little off his rocker lately. I hope he gets his issues straightened out and gets his head back together.

Upvote 0

angelosgabriel

Newly Illumined
Feb 16, 2008
Aliso Viejo, CA
✟15,176.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Believe it or not, I had never seen Fedor fight until his recent fight against Sylvia. Needless to say, I was in awe.

Yeah, incredible. If you haven't already, youtube some of his other fights. Dominates.

Yeah, I'd leave Rampage alone, as it seems he's gone a little off his rocker lately. I hope he gets his issues straightened out and gets his head back together.

Yeah, I actually witnessed him getting arrested the other day. I was walking back to my car from the beach and there he was, in his lifted pick up, front left tire completely gone, with about 10 Costa Mesa police officers in pursuit. I guess a couple days later his friends called the cops because he was saying some weird/disturbing things. Kyrie eleison.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.