• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Anyone else have these traits?

heisrisen90

Mar 9, 2018
in
✟10,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ive thought for a while that i had alot of Aspergers traits. Online tests confirm this.

However there are some things that make me wonder..

Instead of being unable to read social cues i feel extremely oversensitive to them.
Like if someone makes a facial movement or changes tone i tend to notice quickly and seem to take it negatively almost every time as if they dont want to talk anymore or something.(idk if i was always like this or if it was learned)

Also i dont seem to take things said as literal as most aspies appear to, however i am extremely literal with the bible for example and see nothing but contradiction.

Anyone else like this?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes. In descriptions online of 'soulishness' there appear to be a lot of people similar. Nutrition also seems to play a bigger part in the various attention spans and interests than disease or 'diagnosis' do. (for instance, lack of B-vitamins, and calcium, magnesium, potassium, iodine levels imbalanced cause many similar 'traits')
The traits are really just being human, and going through/ living/ affected by the overall (and sometimes specific) diet/ food intake.

By getting enough minerals and vitamins, enzymes and probiotices, most troubles can be avoided long before they are clinically diagnosed.

Upvote 0

heisrisen90

Mar 9, 2018
in
✟10,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. In descriptions online of 'soulishness' there appear to be a lot of people similar. Nutrition also seems to play a bigger part in the various attention spans and interests than disease or 'diagnosis' do. (for instance, lack of B-vitamins, and calcium, magnesium, potassium, iodine levels imbalanced cause many similar 'traits')
The traits are really just being human, and going through/ living/ affected by the overall (and sometimes specific) diet/ food intake.

By getting enough minerals and vitamins, enzymes and probiotices, most troubles can be avoided long before they are clinically diagnosed.

Your first sentence devastated me.
So your telling me i dont have the spirit?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Your first sentence devastated me.
So your telling me i dont have the spirit?
No.
"Soulishness" doesn't mean no spirit. Humans have spirit, soul and body.
It means, like most or many, the soul and/or flesh is still calling the shots, the spirit is not in charge. When the spirit (of the person, subject to Jesus) is in charge, they have passed thru, as all experience, the devastation of finding out how much out of order everyone is - it can take weeks, months, years and always happens as YHVH (God) disciplines and trains us.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Instead of being unable to read social cues i feel extremely oversensitive to them.

Like if someone makes a facial movement or changes tone i tend to notice quickly and seem to take it negatively almost every time as if they dont want to talk anymore or something.(idk if i was always like this or if it was learned)

Also i dont seem to take things said as literal as most aspies appear to, however i am extremely literal with the bible for example and see nothing but contradiction.

The traits you describe seem consistent with Aspergers.

Your sensitivity to changes in facial expressions fits; Aspies are hypersensitive to many things. It sounds like you may not always be interpreting the expressions correctly.

Also, the strictly-literal Bible interpretation sounds typical, even though you may depart from literalism in some other areas of life. Do you interpret poems and literature literally, or can you easily see the symbolism and tone of these works?

Upvote 0