Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi; have you gotten a Korean Bible yet? If you read John chapter 1 in the language you are learning, John 1 being a passage which has simple and clear language anyway, you may gradually be able to follow the structure of what is being said.

Upvote 0

Nessmisfit

Apr 18, 2017
Oxford
✟9,229.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi; have you gotten a Korean Bible yet? If you read John chapter 1 in the language you are learning, John 1 being a passage which has simple and clear language anyway, you may gradually be able to follow the structure of what is being said.
I don't have one actually. Tried reading it online now and all i could understand was 'God'. But if i keep on reading it, i think it will really help me with fluency and learning a lot of new words. Thanks

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

I have tried some in chinese but aaah it's harder than a normal conversation.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't have one actually. Tried reading it online now and all i could understand was 'God'. But if i keep on reading it, i think it will really help me with fluency and learning a lot of new words. Thanks
Keeping it up daily and reading consistently, progress can be made! :)

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Good effort; perseverance is good! (and if it's the Bible you're reading, it can be a blessing also!) :)

I just read the bible in English, might use my lexicon but that's about it. :)

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am learning korean.
But I am a lazy learner.
Reading a Korean Bible would help! John chapter 1, for example, has clear and familiar language which might be fairly straightforward to follow.

The Hangul characters are also phonetic and quite straightforward. (It's the politeness inflections in Korean which are, I believe, more complex, right?)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums