any tips/advice for trusting god unconditionally?

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you saved? If you are, and trust Him with your immortal soul- then trusting Him with your life here is nothing in comparison. I have to tell myself this constantly. God has my soul, He can most certainly take care of my mortal life which is small potatoes. We live about 70 years or so, yet eternity is forever.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
does anyone got any tips, scriptures that will help defeat all doubts, and worries?(like all his promises too) I'll have my doubts sometimes, then worries... it's starting to bug me.. I got a lot to read! it'll take literally forever to read to the whole bible, because I'm a huge procrastinator, and I even procrastinate with my school work so I never have time... :/ I know I gotta read and gain faith from his very own word which is why I'm asking for every scripture that will help me in this situation. I can't keep worrying then asking him to remove my worries over and over again. with a strong foundation of faith and trust I wont worry.

It is important to read the bible, and pray. But don't feel you need to start out with perfect faith, just let it grow.

Upvote 0

Braydeno

Jan 24, 2017
bc, canada
✟15,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you saved? If you are, and trust Him with your immortal soul- then trusting Him with your life here is nothing in comparison. I have to tell myself this constantly. God has my soul, He can most certainly take care of my mortal life which is small potatoes. We live about 70 years or so, yet eternity is forever.
yep I'm saved, trusted him easily, I loose trust sometimes, then worry comes in.. I also gotta keep reminding myself but my heart needs to truly trust him in those situations of worry and lack of trust.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yep I'm saved, trusted him easily, I loose trust sometimes, then worry comes in.. I also gotta keep reminding myself but my heart needs to truly believe in those situations of worry and lack of trust.
Are you worried about losing salvation, or worried about life in general?

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Braydeno

Jan 24, 2017
bc, canada
✟15,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is important to read the bible, and pray. But don't feel you need to start out with perfect faith, just let it grow.
do you have any methods to reading the bible without getting bored of repetitive parts? right now I'm on numbers in the OT and beginning of John in the NT, also i know its important to read the bible but im suuuch a procrastinator. i procrastinate everything. it runs in my blood.

Upvote 0

Braydeno

Jan 24, 2017
bc, canada
✟15,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you worried about losing salvation, or worried about life in general?
worrying about life in general, and worrying about him not helping because i know I'll lack faith when I ask for help in those areas, then get afraid to ask him because I know I'll doubt he'll help me when asking.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
worrying about life in general, and worrying about him not helping because i know I'll lack faith when I ask for help in those areas, then get afraid to ask him because I know I'll doubt he'll help me when asking.
I will tell you my favorite verse in the Bible, it is when the man with an afflicted son comes to ask Jesus to heal his boy. Jesus asks the man if he believes. The man says "I believe, help thou mine unbelief." Jesus healed the boy.

God is merciful. He knows you lack faith, but He wants to help you and give you more faith. Reading the Bible and praying are the only ways to add to your faith.

God loves you, He is your Father and wants to help you. Don't be afraid to tell him your doubts and worries, He already knows.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's lots of good stuff in John. I'd spend more time there, and then Paul's letters. Got a highlighter (that won't go thru the page)? Use it or an ink pen to note passages that the Holy Spirit uses to speak to you. (You can't "make" scripture speak to you. HE does that.)

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
do you have any methods to reading the bible without getting bored of repetitive parts? right now I'm on numbers in the OT and beginning of John in the NT, also i know its important to read the bible but im suuuch a procrastinator. i procrastinate everything. it runs in my blood.

What I do when I read the bible is to occasionally read through a whole book or chapters daily, often on the weekend. But Often I just pray and ask God is there anything he would like to show me, and I open the bible up and read the passage it opened to (this does not always give me something useful, but often it does). I also listen to the bible on CD in my car.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zatek

Mar 5, 2015
✟26,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Developing trust with God is the same as developing trust in anything. You have to have positive experiences to develop that trust. For example, maybe right now you don't understand why God is so serious about sexual immorality, but then you see a teenage mother, and how her child is going to grow up in a single parent household, or maybe the mother has an abortion and murders the child because that's what everyone around her tells her what's best. Or maybe you don't understand what's so bad about inappropriate content, but then you find out about all the children sold in to sex slavery around the world.

It's not going to happen overnight, but eventually you'll realize that God isn't just trying to make us do or not to stuff because he's bored and wants some amusement. He gives us laws to protect us. If you read the law in the Leviticus it's more than just "sexual repression". There's things in there about quarantining the sick, how to deal with mold, and other things that are very real health risks especially before they knew about germs and modern medicine.

Procrastination is a separate issue. For that you should try and find a support forum for that or see a professional. Habits like procrastination are ingrained in early childhood and not easily changed.

Reactions: Braydeno
Upvote 0

Braydeno

Jan 24, 2017
bc, canada
✟15,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will tell you my favorite verse in the Bible, it is when the man with an afflicted son comes to ask Jesus to heal his boy. Jesus asks the man if he believes. The man says "I believe, help thou mine unbelief." Jesus healed the boy.

God is merciful. He knows you lack faith, but He wants to help you and give you more faith. Reading the Bible and praying are the only ways to add to your faith.

God loves you, He is your Father and wants to help you. Don't be afraid to tell him your doubts and worries, He already knows.
thank you, i guess your right, I gotta read the bible despite how much i procrastinate reading it.

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Braydeno

Jan 24, 2017
bc, canada
✟15,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's lots of good stuff in John. I'd spend more time there, and then Paul's letters. Got a highlighter (that won't go thru the page)? Use it or an ink pen to note passages that the Holy Spirit uses to speak to you. (You can't "make" scripture speak to you. HE does that.)
ink pen, pencil will work, the pages are so light that they're almost see through kinda. where can i find pauls letters, what page 'n book?

What I do when I read the bible is to occasionally read through a whole book or chapters daily, often on the weekend. But Often I just pray and ask God is there anything he would like to show me, and I open the bible up and read the passage it opened to (this does not always give me something useful, but often it does). I also listen to the bible on CD in my car.
that's a good idea, I should dedicate my free time on the weekends to reading the bible if I got homework during the week. and ask what you asked, 'n open to a random page.

Developing trust with God is the same as developing trust in anything. You have to have positive experiences to develop that trust. For example, maybe right now you don't understand why God is so serious about sexual immorality, but then you see a teenage mother, and how her child is going to grow up in a single parent household, or maybe the mother has an abortion and murders the child because that's what everyone around her tells her what's best. Or maybe you don't understand what's so bad about inappropriate content, but then you find out about all the children sold in to sex slavery around the world.

It's not going to happen overnight, but eventually you'll realize that God isn't just trying to make us do or not to stuff because he's bored and wants some amusement. He gives us laws to protect us. If you read the law in the Leviticus it's more than just "sexual repression". There's things in there about quarantining the sick, how to deal with mold, and other things that are very real health risks especially before they knew about germs and modern medicine.

Procrastination is a separate issue. For that you should try and find a support forum for that or see a professional. Habits like procrastination are ingrained in early childhood and not easily changed.
you're right. and I have so many good experiences from god, so much that it takes me a little bit to think up of everything hes done for me because there's so many things. I use those experiences to affirm that he loves me, whenever I don't feel like he loves me during those dark times, and it could help with trust too. I don't think anything can fix my procrastination though, except for god, Its pretty bad, so much that it affects my marks in school, and its mixed with ocd so I MUST get something done before I go onto the next part, like my homework before I read the bible.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ink pen, pencil will work, the pages are so light that they're almost see through kinda. where can i find pauls letters, what page 'n book?

that's a good idea, I should dedicate my free time on the weekends to reading the bible if I got homework during the week. and ask what you asked, 'n open to a random page.

you're right. and I have so many good experiences from god, so much that it takes me a little bit to think up of everything hes done for me because there's so many things. I use those experiences to affirm that he loves me, whenever I don't feel like he loves me during those dark times, and it could help with trust too. I don't think anything can fix my procrastination though, except for god, Its pretty bad, so much that it affects my marks in school, and its mixed with ocd so I MUST get something done before I go onto the next part, like my homework before I read the bible.
Paul's letters begin in Romans 1 and go all the way through the Book of Philemon. Study carefully, prayerfully. If you run across anything that you don't understand, ask me through the conversation option here at CF.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Braydeno

Jan 24, 2017
bc, canada
✟15,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul's letters begin in Romans 1 and go all the way through the Book of Philemon. Study carefully, prayerfully. If you run across anything that you don't understand, ask me through the conversation option here at CF.
alright, thank you :)

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And don't jump around in reading the books Paul wrote until you've read all of them. Then you can go back to start comparing scripture with scripture. If you are still in school and have other assignments, do your study of Paul on the weekends, or whenever you get a breakthrough in time.

I highly recommend that you leave off the Old Testament during this learning cycle.

Upvote 0

Braydeno

Jan 24, 2017
bc, canada
✟15,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And don't jump around in reading the books Paul wrote until you've read all of them. Then you can go back to start comparing scripture with scripture. If you are still in school and have other assignments, do your study of Paul on the weekends, or whenever you get a breakthrough in time.

I highly recommend that you leave off the Old Testament during this learning cycle.
so then just read all of romans 1? instead of jumping from letter to letter?

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so then just read all of romans 1? instead of jumping from letter to letter?
Read all of the Book of Romans. Then go right on to the Book following it, then to the Book following that one, and keep doing that through Philemon.

Upvote 0