Any Singles in their 50's?

steflou64

Sep 21, 2014
✟15,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Joy and Peace-I hope it is God's will for me to get married. I am 50 and have never even had a boyfriend! I was told if it was a desire of your heart God would grant it. Now, if someone never gets married I believe it is just bad luck, not God preventing it from happening. I have a strong desire to get married and believe God put it there!:amen:

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
That is not guaranteed. The "desire of your heart" may not be in God's plan so sometimes we have to pray that God changes our hearts so that He can grant us the desires of our hearts. As a loving mother, I don't always grant my children the desires of the hearts because it isn't what is best for them...it has nothing to do with my love.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Thanks for that uplifting reply-it really made my day-not!! LOL!

It was an honest answer. Any other answer would mean that God had somehow let you down if you don't find this wonderful man to marry. I did not say that God would not give you a husband but I worry about how seem to be so fixated on this subject. We were created to serve God, not the other way around.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I just turned 56 and would like to talk with people on this thread. What would you all like to know about me?

Gentle suggestion. Start a new thread with this question. Rules say that we are only to talk about the original post/topic on a thread. Nice to meet you though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SusaninBC

Nov 6, 2019
British Columbia
Visit site
✟13,811.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I would say the worst thing is that the dating pool is smaller.

I don't know that I've found it to be smaller. Murkier, yes. Lol. I've been on quite a few first dates and turned down just about as many second dates. Maybe someday. :)

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0