Senior Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Baton Rouge, LA
✟10,630.00
Faith
Christian
Why thank you Jenster!
You are a sweetheart!

I was looking at the Mature Singles thread and looked at people's birthdates (cause I think of my age and older as the mature crowd and the other are the young, middle-aged adults)and they were all born in the 70s! So I thought I'd see if anyone is out there that is my age.

It appears you have been around here awhile.
What part of the country are you from?

Reactions: TheGirlOnFire
Upvote 0
J

Jenster

Yes, I've been around for awhile, Joyandpeace! CF is a wonderful way to talk about so many different topics and connect with people I wouldn't ordinarily meet in my daily life. Plus, a great source of prayer and encouragement! When I signed on, I had no idea I'd still be here more than a year later! (Or more ... I've lost track. :) )

What's great is that the Mature Singles forum has picked up steam in the last few months, with new people not only coming, but staying. Yay! :clap:

I think of myself as a young middle-aged person, though I was born in the 60s! :p Well, I'm still somewhat clinging to the "young" description.

PM me if you'd like to know anything more about me. :)

Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm going to be 50 this year, too. Life is great. I'm old enough to see that many of the things I worried about as a younger adult, simply aren't worth worrying about, now. I'm more at peace with who I am. I have a lot more money to spend, and most of my health. I would say the worst thing is that the dating pool is smaller.

Reactions: SandyLou
Upvote 0

Joyandpeace

Senior Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Baton Rouge, LA
✟10,630.00
Faith
Christian
I've been on for awhile too Jenster.
A group of us migrated from another forum and were here for about a year or so. We moved on to other forums. I always liked this one because of the characters. Probably need to change my clothes as I've been in these for about 6 months!

I think of myself as a young middle-aged person, though I was born in the 60s! :p

I'd say you are as young as you feel!
Inside I really feel like I'm 39 so it surprises me that I'll be turning 50!

Upvote 0

Joyandpeace

Senior Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Baton Rouge, LA
✟10,630.00
Faith
Christian
I would say the worst thing is that the dating pool is smaller.

Smaller for a male? I'm surprised! I would think for a male it would be a larger dating pool! It is definitely smaller for a female as I've found the men my age are looking at 35-45 age range.

Upvote 0
J

Jenster

A group of us migrated from another forum and were here for about a year or so. We moved on to other forums. I always liked this one because of the characters. Probably need to change my clothes as I've been in these for about 6 months!
LOL! :D Have you ever had the experience of seeing another character who is wearing the same clothes as you? I don't have a character up now, but I did awhile back. Sometimes it would be, like, "Hey, she's wearing 'my' shirt!" ^_^ Seems like several of us have similar (good) tastes.

That's great about the choir, Joyandpeace. May it uplift you as you uplift others!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Smaller for a male? I'm surprised! I would think for a male it would be a larger dating pool! It is definitely smaller for a female as I've found the men my age are looking at 35-45 age range.

How did we get on the subject of male/female? No, the dating pool is smaller than when I was younger. And the ratio of psychos to possibilities is much worse! :(

Upvote 0

faithopelove

Veteran
Mar 21, 2006
✟21,321.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
JeanR

My pastor gave me some good advice after my husband died. He said don't even consider yourself single for at least a year. I didn't even take off my wedding ring. I spent time with God and my friends and family and didn't even think about it unil my year was up. My son recently told me he really was happy that I didn't just forget about his father after a few months and start dating. Now he prays for me to find a good husband and we have a great relationship.

Upvote 0

Joyandpeace

Senior Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Baton Rouge, LA
✟10,630.00
Faith
Christian
LOL! :D Have you ever had the experience of seeing another character who is wearing the same clothes as you? I don't have a character up now, but I did awhile back. Sometimes it would be, like, "Hey, she's wearing 'my' shirt!" ^_^ Seems like several of us have similar (good) tastes.

That's great about the choir, Joyandpeace. May it uplift you as you uplift others!
Oh yes, I've also seen something some other character was wearing and liked it so much I went out and "bought" it for my character! :)

I'm facing empty nest and the choir is to help me keep busy and praising and worshipping Him at the same time. Thanks for the encouragement!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joyandpeace

Senior Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Baton Rouge, LA
✟10,630.00
Faith
Christian
Hi,

I was widowed on October 9, 2006. I suddenly find myself single after 29 years of marriage. I don't know how to be single, in my heart I am still married.

Any advice?

Oh JeanR,

I can understand not knowing how to be single though under much different circumstances.
I'm divorced (against my wishes) and felt still married for quite awhile.
I've found that only consistently seeking Him, praying, praise and TIME are the answers.

Do you have some good friends and family to surround you?

Upvote 0

Joyandpeace

Senior Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Baton Rouge, LA
✟10,630.00
Faith
Christian
JeanR

My pastor gave me some good advice after my husband died. He said don't even consider yourself single for at least a year. I didn't even take off my wedding ring. I spent time with God and my friends and family and didn't even think about unil my year was up. My son recently told me he really was happy that I didn't just forget about his father after a few months and start dating. Now he prays for me to find a good husband and we have a great relationship.

That is a beautiful testimony!

Upvote 0