Mar 22, 2006
Brockton, MA USA
✟12,437.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, everyone!:)
I'm looking to form friendships with Pittsburgh area believers because my wife and I looking to relocate to Pittsburgh in the future.

My name is Aaron, and my wife's name is Chris. We live in the Boston area, where we lost a house to the mortgage crisis... well, more to the crooked real estate agents who convinced us our monthly payments would drop from $1900... where, in reality, they increased rapidly to $2,600/month! We fell behind on our payments, lost our house and now live in an apartment that's livable but is often invaded by ants in the summer and mice both in summer and fall. The rent is $1,200/month by the way.

We want to move to Pittsburgh because houses are actually affordable either rentwise or buyingwise, and there's a fairly large number available. Here, houses for rent are largely nonexistent and around $2,000/month. Even if we live in a neighborhood where houses are 3 feet apart, it's a lot better than having moisy neighbors over or under you.

Other reasons why we want to move to Pittsburgh include:

1- the public transit system, because I don't drive, and transit in our small city Brockton (20 miles south of Boston) is very limited. Local believers can't rely on BAT (Brockton Area Transit) for getting to church on Sunday. Also, I must walk to work on weekends I have to work (I'm a janitor at a local hospital).

2- UPMC.. Chris was an ongoing outpatient at the Magee Women's Clinic, where the doctors and staff treated her far better than she's been treated at hospitals in this area. As for the rest of UPMC, they provided excellent care for Chris's first husband up til the time of his passing from a long illness.

3- People seem friendlier out in PGH... Chris grew up 100 miles south of Pittsburgh in West Virginia. She loves WV, and I kinda like it, but I'm more comfortable in an urban setting with good bus service... For both of us, Pittsburgh is a good compromise.

4- There's a good deal of Christian radio on FM.... all we got here is a Calvary Chapel station 15 miles east of her and a very week K-Love station 30 miles from here.

5- In connection with 3, Chris feels that being part of a church and the overall body of Christ is taken more seriously by believers. Any opinions about that? We both agree that selfishness has deep roots in Massachusetts. There's not much willingness among believers here to really love one another, to really make a difference in each others' lives so that the lost can see we
are Jesus' disciples by our loving one another.

6- Chris works for the US gov. and can apply for a transfer any July or January. She could've applied now but we need at least a year to save up enough money for a move.

Please pray for us, everyone! And I hope some of you would be willing to keep in touch with me.

I wish you all a wonderful week. God bless!