Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NEW YORK – A Mass to promote the inclusivity of marginalized groups in the Diocese of Pittsburgh is scheduled for today, about five months after Bishop David Zubik canceled a Mass in solidarity with LGBTQ+ Catholics, in part over safety concerns.

After the first Mass was canceled, the organization hosting the Mass met with Zubik, where both sides agreed to reschedule the event under a broader theme to highlight all who are marginalized by the Church. Today’s Mass is the rescheduled event, with a theme of “The Church Welcoming – No Exceptions,” a reference to Zubik’s recent pastoral letter.

The organization that planned the Mass is “Catholics for Change in Our Church.” Its president, Kevin Hayes, said the goal of the Mass is to make all Catholics feel welcome.

“There was much disappointment among Catholics in Pittsburgh when the June Mass was canceled. It also became clear that in addition to LGBTQ+ Catholics, other Catholics felt marginalized,” Hayes said in a statement.

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
NEW YORK – A Mass to promote the inclusivity of marginalized groups in the Diocese of Pittsburgh is scheduled for today, about five months after Bishop David Zubik canceled a Mass in solidarity with LGBTQ+ Catholics, in part over safety concerns.

After the first Mass was canceled, the organization hosting the Mass met with Zubik, where both sides agreed to reschedule the event under a broader theme to highlight all who are marginalized by the Church. Today’s Mass is the rescheduled event, with a theme of “The Church Welcoming – No Exceptions,” a reference to Zubik’s recent pastoral letter.

The organization that planned the Mass is “Catholics for Change in Our Church.” Its president, Kevin Hayes, said the goal of the Mass is to make all Catholics feel welcome.

“There was much disappointment among Catholics in Pittsburgh when the June Mass was canceled. It also became clear that in addition to LGBTQ+ Catholics, other Catholics felt marginalized,” Hayes said in a statement.

Continued below.
The Church Welcoming - No Exceptions*

*Some exclusions may apply. Traditionally minded people are excludable, sometimes barely tolerated, often scorned, often hampered, and called nasty names. So far not burned at the stake, but pushed towards the peripheries with the hopes they will leave. As long as this exclusion is observed nobody at all is an exception to being welcome in the Catholic Church.

Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Bishop of Pittsburgh​

Pope Benedict XVI appointed Zubik the twelfth bishop of the Diocese of Pittsburgh on July 18, 2007. He was installed on September 28, 2007.

Born and raised in Pittsburgh.

So I was like, Bishop Zubik, like wasn't he the Bishop of Altoona Johnstown?
[Where I formerly lived in Pa]
And Bishop Wuerl formerly Pittsburgh Pa was moved to Washington DC.
And Bishop Mark L. Bartchak is now Altoona Johnstown since 2011 by Pope Benedict XVI
Blue state [Pa]

May the Lord be with the Bishops. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Church Welcoming - No Exceptions*

*Some exclusions may apply. Traditionally minded people are excludable, sometimes barely tolerated, often scorned, often hampered, and called nasty names. So far not burned at the stake, but pushed towards the peripheries with the hopes they will leave. As long as this exclusion is observed nobody at all is an exception to being welcome in the Catholic Church.

Have you ever asked yourself ...
What is going to be the effect on the Church, when the traditionally minded persons are excluded, and the LGBTQ persons flood in?

With the Synod, it's become quite obvious to me that there are already alot of alphabet persons in the Church, and many in leadership positions. So we already have been seeing the effects of their influence ... a lukewarm Gospel message. But with traditionalism gone, progressivism in, the message will become even more lukewarm.

And then there is something that maybe many Catholics do not think about, but I suspect charismatic Catholics are thinking about it. It is reference the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is holy. What do we think will be His response to a church, any church, that tolerates sin? I know what I have seen in Protestant churches, where lukewarmness and sin has been tolerated. It is like the Holy Spirit, hindered by sin, seemingly 'leaves' after a time ... and they become dead churches. There may still be many people and activities there, but the church itself has spiritually died.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The Holy Spirit is holy. What do we think will be His response to a church, any church, that tolerates sin? I know what I have seen in Protestant churches, where lukewarmness and sin has been tolerated. It is like the Holy Spirit, hindered by sin, seemingly 'leaves' after a time ... and they become dead churches. There may still be many people and activities there, but the church itself has spiritually died.
That should be scary. North Africa once had a thriving Christian presence. It's gone now. There are zero guarantees that our children's children's children will have a vibrant faith to grow up in.

• Prayers
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That should be scary. North Africa once had a thriving Christian presence. It's gone now. There are zero guarantees that our children's children's children will have a vibrant faith to grow up in.
If we're still having children in the future.

Upvote 0