Any Narnia Fans?

tanglefire

Jun 13, 2005
✟7,768.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I've read all except the Horse and his Boy and the Last Battle. Must get round to reading those. Are you looking forward to the movie? They're going to be so cool!

I find myself reading the Voyage of the Dawn Treader over and over.... so maybe that one is my favourite.

Upvote 0

RavenLeigh

Sep 12, 2005
Mississippi
✟7,717.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've read, like, maybe the first four books in the series, but it seems to be that I can never get around to finishing them. And me with my short memory, I always forget what happened in the ones that I've read by the time I get to reading the others. =) It's a huge cycle, but it's a great series.

Upvote 0

Freakconformist

Continually Humbled
Sep 13, 2005
Wisconsin, USA
Visit site
✟8,790.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've read them all about 3 times. ^_^I'm a big reader.

My favorite book is... The Horse and his Boy, I guess. I really like them all. My favorite chapters are.
Of coarse the most important chapters from The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, 15. The Deeper Magic from Before the Dawn of Time: When Aslan sacrificed himself and broke the stone table on the Hill, then came back to life.

The first chapters of Prince Caspian, when Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy end up back in Cair Paravel a thousand years after they had left.

The Last chapter of The Voyage of the "Dawn Trader" when Reepicheep, the brave warrior mouse, finally got to see the Far East.

The Second Chapter in the Silver Chair when Aslan sends Jill flying across the eastern Ocean with one mighty breath. Fun ^_^

I have several favorite moment in The Horse and His Boy, not the least of which is when Susan, Edward, and Lucy mistake Shasta for his then unknown brother. But my favorite is when Aslan sneaks up on Bree, just as he is reassuring himself that Aslan surly could not be a beastly lion. ^_^

The Magicians nephew was very interesting especially because CS Lewis writes a very interesting description of creation. When the land was so fertile a lamp post grew where a piece of iron had been dropped upon it. and Aslan gave Digory a special apple to heal his mother and when the tree he planted from that fruit grew old he had it cut down an made a wardrobe out of that special wood. ;)

And my favorite part of The Last Battle is the end where everybody meets in the great beyond.

...Okay I'll talk to ya'll later I gotta read these again. ^^
I hope my descriptions inspired some of you to pick up the books and read them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

artaxbombadil

Sep 8, 2005
✟7,722.00
Faith
Christian
Freakconformist said:
The Deeper Magic from Before the Dawn of Time: When Aslan sacrificed himself and broke the stone table on the Hill, then came back to life.

Yes! And I love how there seemed to be no way out of the rules in place since the beginning of time, but then, of course! A deeper magic before time!

Freakconformist said:
The Magicians nephew was very interesting especially because CS Lewis writes a very interesting description of creation. When the land was so fertile a lamp post grew where a piece of iron had been dropped upon it. and Aslan gave Digory a special apple to heal his mother and when the tree he planted from that fruit grew old he had it cut down an made a wardrobe out of that special wood. ;)

Indeed a great part of that book. :D

Freakconformist said:
I hope my descriptions inspired some of you to pick up the books and read them.

They have inspired me to pick them up again! thanks for sharing them!:)

Upvote 0

bluedart

Jul 5, 2005
Northern California
Visit site
✟385.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

"The Magicians nephew was very interesting especially because CS Lewis writes a very interesting description of creation. When the land was so fertile a lamp post grew where a piece of iron had been dropped upon it. and Aslan gave Digory a special apple to heal his mother and when the tree he planted from that fruit grew old he had it cut down an made a wardrobe out of that special wood." ;)

Great stuff. I really enjoyed reading The Magicians Nephew recently and these parts were definitely cool. :)

Upvote 0

Eruliel

Jun 26, 2005
In Christ
Visit site
✟1,065.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I always gain a different favorite book every time I read the Chronicles. This time around it was "The Horse and his Boy" because it was most compatible with me and my walk in Christ. I swear I've been all of the main human and Horse characters in that book. My favorite part is when Aslan reveals himself to Shasta in the fog and says "That lion was me. I've been with you your whole journey as the Lion that brought you and Aravis together, the cat that slept by you and protected you in the tombs, and as the Lion that tore Aravis".
I also love when Shasta asks Aslan how Aravis is and Aslan replies "I am telling you your story little one...not hers". I also like Aslans justice towards the foolish prince, putting him under temple arrest as it were. I also love the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and the Last Battle. Talk about poignant.
Slainte!
Eruliel

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I really like the Horse and His Boy and Prince Caspian, I think they may be the best written of the whole series imo.

But my favourite quote comes from LWW - "Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe? No, he's not safe, but he's good."

There is so much great theology wrapped up in that! I think it was Mr Beaver who said it.

Upvote 0

Kehaar

You're all I ever needed.
Mar 20, 2004
Scotland
✟23,455.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I liked the Horse And His Boy too, it's the only one I insisted on keeping when my mother cleared out all our kids stuff a couple of years ago. I remember being a bit miffed that the BBC didn't make that one when they did their Chronicles of Narnia back in the 80s. I was pretty keen on The Voyage of the Dawntreader too. :D

Attachments

• myfave.jpg
    myfave.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0

Freakconformist

Continually Humbled
Sep 13, 2005
Wisconsin, USA
Visit site
✟8,790.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think alot of people liked "the voyage of the 'Dawn Trader'" because it took you to so many wierd and strange places. First to a corupt city port, then to the Dragon Island? then there was the dark island, and the magicians Island ^^, I particularly liked the Dawn Island myself.

CS Lewis was a very visual writer. Very different from another great writer and his contemporary JRR Tolkien.

Upvote 0