✟1,065.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Freakconformist said:
I think you may be right about Susan, I had much the same thought. I tried to think of the the group in comparrison to the parable, but it didn't quite work.
I can see Lucy as the fertile soil, of coarse, because she never doubted for a moment that Narnia was real. Edmund would be the hardedened soil do you think? Because he knew about Narnia too but denied it because of worldly pressures. That leaves the rocky soil and Peter, and I don't quite see it. Peter was pretty stout once he knew what was before him. He never really denied Narnia.
I'm going to pull out LWW one more time before the movie comes out and refresh my memory.

Yes, but Edmund changed. The seed wasn't snatched away. It was still there eating away at him and making him feel extraordinarily guilty. Perhaps the 4 Pevensie children are not meant to be viewed as 4 grounds, which might've been meant to represent those to whom the word had not yet come. Perhaps the Pevensies are supposed to represent the 4 stages of Christianity, or the 4 types of Christians there can be? I say that because in LWW when Mr. Beaver asks them if they are the sons of Adam and the daughters of Eve, Peter replies "We're some of them" possibly implying they had SOME kind of Christian upbringing. So maybe the older Pevensies were already Christians before coming to Narnia. For example perhaps Peter represents the Warrior Christian, the one who takes a stance against evil. Susan might be the Kind Christian, the one who wishes to help everyone. Someone who really practices "If your enemy is thirsty give him something to drink..." Lucy could be the young Christian, the one who loves Jesus so much that when she makes a mistake it tears her to peices, but she gets right back up again. Edmund of course is every Christian that has walked the face of this planet...the Repentant Christian. Lewis knows...I certainly don't.
Slainte!
Eruliel

Upvote 0

Freakconformist

Continually Humbled
Sep 13, 2005
Wisconsin, USA
Visit site
✟8,790.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Eruliel said:
Yes, but Edmund changed. The seed wasn't snatched away. It was still there eating away at him and making him feel extraordinarily guilty. Perhaps the 4 Pevensie children are not meant to be viewed as 4 grounds, which might've been meant to represent those to whom the word had not yet come. Perhaps the Pevensies are supposed to represent the 4 stages of Christianity, or the 4 types of Christians there can be? I say that because in LWW when Mr. Beaver asks them if they are the sons of Adam and the daughters of Eve, Peter replies "We're some of them" possibly implying they had SOME kind of Christian upbringing. So maybe the older Pevensies were already Christians before coming to Narnia. For example perhaps Peter represents the Warrior Christian, the one who takes a stance against evil. Susan might be the Kind Christian, the one who wishes to help everyone. Someone who really practices "If your enemy is thirsty give him something to drink..." Lucy could be the young Christian, the one who loves Jesus so much that when she makes a mistake it tears her to peices, but she gets right back up again. Edmund of course is every Christian that has walked the face of this planet...the Repentant Christian. Lewis knows...I certainly don't.
Slainte!
Eruliel

That does make quite a bit more sense. It fits in with Susan too, it is at that middle stage where a Christian is self confident enough to slip away from God. Also it is the backstepping Christian that is most likely to be lft behind like Susan was.

Idk either, maybe were both reading into it too deeply, and CS Lewis was just trying to make interesting characters. lol!

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on the comp for a week or two now.

Upvote 0

Freakconformist

Continually Humbled
Sep 13, 2005
Wisconsin, USA
Visit site
✟8,790.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lycana said:
YES! And I also want to see King Kong, which is due out in December.

My mom just groaned when she saw that preview. It looks awsome, but you should understand there have been at least three King Kong movies last century. There seems to be another one popping up every generation or so, lol!

This is traditionally a time for big blockbusters to come out. I'm actually tempted to go see HP: The Goblet of Fire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IvanGraham

Apr 2, 2023
US
✟8,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Just checking to see if there are any Narnia fans. Have you read the books? What is your favorite book or part?
that "The Chronicles of Narnia" is a well-known series of fantasy novels by C.S. Lewis. The series consists of seven books, and they have been enjoyed by readers of all ages for decades. Each book in the series tells a different story set in the magical world of Narnia, filled with talking animals, mythical creatures, and epic battles between good and evil.

Some readers may have a favorite book or part of the series, but others enjoy the entire series equally. It ultimately depends on personal taste and individual experiences with the books.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I really liked the books, read them when I was a kid and pre-teen. I saw the old BBC movies, and I really like the newer Disney movies. My favorite is the first one, the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I am trying to write Christian fantasy myself, I have such a creative, adventuring mind. need to finish those stories I started.

Upvote 0

Danny&Annie&theChristmas

Nov 11, 2023
Houston
✟2,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just checking to see if there are any Narnia fans. Have you read the books? What is your favorite book or part?
I watched the movies and enjoyed them. I do like CS Lewis in general, especially The Great Divorce which served as inspiration for my book. I wish that work of his were made into a movie too.

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

WE NEED GREAT CHRISTIAN ANIMATION AGAIN!
Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟1,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well recently I did read through the first three because of the movies but I guess I haven't read the others yet because I need a reason too... But I love all of CS Lewis' works though. I do want to point out that the movies left out SO much. Like Dragon Island being a barren island on the movies vs. lush in the books, among other things. I love the series in general and I'm sure I'll get to reading the others in the near future.

Upvote 0