• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Any identifying as C&MA in this forum?

Discussion in 'Baptists' started by OzSpen, Oct 23, 2017.

1. OzSpen

OzSpen Regular Member

+611
    Australia
    Baptist
    Private
    Since I joined CFcom in 2005, I've identified myself as Baptist because I am ordained with a baptistic denomination, the Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA), Australia. I've done this because the C&MA is not identified in the 'Christian Communities' directory.

The denomination has approx. 6 million members worldwide and is strongly missionary oriented. It is currently ministering in 80 countries. It has missionary ministries in:
    Some of you may be old enough to remember that portion of the C&MA Toccoa Falls Bible College, in Toccoa Falls, northern Georgia, was destroyed and 37 people lost their lives (many students & families) when a dam wall burst in 1977.

The C&MA, Alliance Theological Seminary, is associated with Nyack College, Nyack NY. In Canada, the Alliance Theological Seminary is associated with Ambrose University, Calgary AB.

I first became aware of the Alliance and its mission when I was studying in Southern California and my family and I attended Fullerton Alliance Church.

Would there be any support to start a thread under Christian Communities for C&MA members and adherents? I've discussed with moderators and it was recommended I post in the 'Baptists' thread. I could advise C&MA colleges, seminaries, churches in USA, Canada, Australia & around the world, inviting them to participate on CFcom.

Oz

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?