any good churches in atlanta GA?

progressivegal

Jan 3, 2005
✟16,438.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if all colleges do this, but when I was in college (not in Atlanta) we had a campus life night where all the student organizations on campus, as well as local businesses and churches had booths set up, if your school has anything like that I'm sure you could talk to one of the area churches. Or, usually I think schools have some type of a church service (usually a generic Catholic mass a generic protestant service, atleast that's how it was at my school) that students can attend. I would imagine it would be a nice way to meet people at your school too. And there's always asking people you go to school with who from the area and may have mentioned attending church, and asking them where, and if you can tag along.

Upvote 0

0145xyz

Veteran
Aug 31, 2006
Northern Michigan
✟18,259.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
well, i'm going to job corps, not college so it's different.

Most of the people who go to job corps aren't christians. I mean job corps started as a way to get young men who had been involved in crime and the court system out of jail and give them a chance to do something with their life. Now it's available to females and even has a child care facility at the turner campus. I'm kinda shy when meeting new people and newer in the faith so hopefully I could make friends at church before I make friends at school.

I wish I could go to college, I went for a year before but then ran out of money. I had to pay cash for it, I graduated with a 2.1 gpa from a teen parent high school so i didn't have options of scholarships.

Upvote 0

progressivegal

Jan 3, 2005
✟16,438.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry for missunderstanding, the word "dorm" confused me. I actually only went to college for two years myself. I found the church I'm probably going to attend by doing an online search actually. Google's "local" feature is great, th eonly problem is they don't always list webstites, even for churches that have them. I think it's always a good idea to e-mail the minister though, just because websites are essentially marketing, usually trying to appeal to a certain local culture, age group, political mindselt, whatever, and can sometimes be missleading. You should atleast get a good idea about denomination affiliation, and basic beliefs on certain theological issues though.

Upvote 0

0145xyz

Veteran
Aug 31, 2006
Northern Michigan
✟18,259.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
yea i guess dorm sounds like college dorm, but i will be living in a job corps dorm.
I'll do what I have to do if I have to take a bus or walk to a church and sit by myself, but it would be so cool if I could know one person at a church before I went ya know. Because it's really isolating to go to a church by yourself and sit by yourself and be surrounded by people sitting in groups.
Plus, it's good to have a heads up on a church before you go, some churches aren't friendly, some have a dress code, some have a majority of a certain age range, some may be more traditional or more modern, etc, etc.
I guess I should just pray and trust in God, I'm sure He will provide the way. Perhaps even one of my dormates will be a christian too, that would be so awesome! we could do Bible studies together, that'd be great for accountability etc.

Upvote 0
One good way to find things is with google maps. I did a search for:

church near 239 West Lake Ave., N.W. Atlanta, GA 30314

clicked on the "did you mean" link, and got over 20 churches within a mile. Although this is impersonal and you still need to check their contact information, it is a start at making a list of likely churches.

The category "school colleges and universities" lists so many that Georgia Tech, under 3 miles away, is on the third page of the listings. You are very near the center of Atlanta. I suggest you do contact some universities about participating in their Christian programs.

I live in the Atlanta area. I know there are many good churches in almost any neighborhood, but that doesn't make it easy to find the right one. I believe God will direct your path if you search as He directs you. May God bless your commitment to Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Atlanta is big city and depending on where you live is where you might want to look. :) My suggestion is to look on the net for different online church websites to help you see what all is out there. First Baptist Atlanta has a lot going on too. :)

Upvote 0

givengrace

Jul 6, 2006
Newnan, Georgia
✟15,256.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll be moving there soon and I know no one. I'm sure there's plenty to choose from but I was hoping maybe someone on this site that goes to church in that area could tell me about one of them.
Well I live South of Atlanta In Newnan. And I think my church is THE GREATEST in Well THE WORLD!!!

But we are starting a new one in South Fulton (that's the county Atlanta in)
It will be in Palmeto.
But here's the website (for my church)
www.crossroadsnewnan.org

Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My cousin went to college in Atlanta at Emory and he went to this church http://www.churchinatlanta.org/
I know they have a college-age group that meets on Sat. nights because he went to that and really enjoyed it. I found this e-mail address serviceoffice@churchinatlanta.org and this college group that has a contact form you can e-mail to them. I don't think you have to go to the colleges listed to contact them - http://www.christianstudentsatlanta.org/index.php

May the Lord guide you to find a church home. :prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.