yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you share your pros and cons thoughts? I'm considering getting one in lieu of ipad mini.
What limitations if any might I need to know? And also, is it awkward for phone convos? Thanks
I have Samsung Galaxy Note 5.3" screen cel phone since Dec 3 and really, really, like it.
For phone conversation I use speaker phone, or bluetooth ear bud.

I ended up getting it for free, in the end, by getting it on TMobile and at Costco with their specials, except for 33.00 tax, but I got the rebate from Costco for the 35.00 sign up fee as a new customer.
I have free wifi and use it all day at home on my wifi, as our cell towers out here are not good service, but the wifi calling is free also, so I am pleased. When I go into town, I use free wifi at many places I shop at, if I need to -and even to check CF new posts:)
I wish I had not bought a new PC in Dec, cause with our one other PC at home, this is all we really needed, for all we want.
Next, I am buying a bluetooth keyboard compatible with android phones, so that I can actually post when I wish or whatever, that requires keyboard, as the keyboard on Samsung Galaxy note is too unreliable in that it changes my words to nonsense as soon as my back is turned, with its auto correct super sensitive buttons.

I like all the features and am still learning them.
Also, when I go out, I leave the Galaxy Note in my purse with my bluetooth in my ear, so there is no awkwardness in using it when away from home.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm sorry for sounding like a totally stupid n00b but I have no idea what an android is, any exposure to it would be helpful.

Android is a cell phone operating system. One of four major choices when you buy a new smartphone. Alternatives are Windows, Apple and Blackberry.

All they do is run the operations on your phone.

Upvote 0

MrJDSmith

A nobody who knows nothing
Feb 4, 2007
✟8,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Android is a cell phone operating system. One of four major choices when you buy a new smartphone. Alternatives are Windows, Apple and Blackberry.

All they do is run the operations on your phone.

well it is an operating system used on cell phones,tablets,e-Books, computers,watches,ect...
not just a cell phone operating system

Sent from my tablet using CF

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
well it is an operating system used on cell phones,tablets,e-Books, computers,watches,ect...
not just a cell phone operating system

Sent from my tablet using CF

Fair enough. I was only thinking about phones when I wrote that.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I finally gave up my HTC Aria a few months ago (hardware could no longer handle newer app updates) and switched to a Samsung Galaxy SIII. I love it so much! I rooted and flashed Cyanogen (10?) but didn't like the camera and went back to stock.

Woooo Cyanogenmod

I want to put it on my phone when they come out with at least a semi-stable build.

I'm a free (libre not gratis) software geek so cm is a step further in the right direction, but replicant would be ideal (though it is limited to a few phones atm).

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
the nexus 5 is coming soon! anyone excited like I am?

I would be if I didn't already have the N4, but perhaps in another years time I'll be tempted to go for whatever the N5 successor will be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Going shopping tomoz nite for a new phone. Using a Samsung Duos, but its sooo glitchy! Got it as a "tide me over", til I could afford a decent phone. Im leaning towards a Nexus 4. My eldest son has one and loves it, plus a few of his techy friends have them and are happy with them. Any feedback on Nexus, or any other current phones would be great, puleeeeeze! :D

I mainly use mine for text, phone calls, Facebook, email, and a lil internet stuff, but not heaps.

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Going shopping tomoz nite for a new phone. Using a Samsung Duos, but its sooo glitchy! Got it as a "tide me over", til I could afford a decent phone. Im leaning towards a Nexus 4. My eldest son has one and loves it, plus a few of his techy friends have them and are happy with them. Any feedback on Nexus, or any other current phones would be great, puleeeeeze! :D

I mainly use mine for text, phone calls, Facebook, email, and a lil internet stuff, but not heaps.

At its current knock-down price I think the N4 can't be beaten.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
At its current knock-down price I think the N4 can't be beaten.

ebay.com or swappa.com will be the best place for you to buy a nexus 4!

brand new i saw under 250! no payments no contracts! its best there! but the Nexus 5 will come out and should be priced under 400!

Thanks guys! I finally got around to ordering one a couple of days ago. I just went for the Nexus 4, and my son upgraded to a Nexus 5...his younger brother will be happy, cos he is going to give his Nexus 4 to him!

Now I just gotta wait....patiently....more to the point TRY to wait patiently, for it to arrive! :D

Upvote 0
May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just got an email saying that mine are also on the way! cant wait!!!

Yay!! I debated on getting the Nexus 5, but just couldnt afford to. The Nexus 4 hasnt dropped in price that much, where I am, but, it still sounds like a brilliant fone for the price!

I loved the nexus phones, amazing phones for amazing price...but since the price so low everyone's getting them which to me makes them less valuable. I'm rocking the galaxy s4 now, nice high end device.

I had heaps of people tell me to get an iPhone, and quite a few mentioned one of the new Samsung fones, but after seeing how happy my son has been with his, and having a bit of a muck around with it, decided it was an ideal fone for me.

How do find the Samsung Galaxy S4, in comparison to the Nexus phones?

Upvote 0