Any Airbrushers here???

G

Godz Marine

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I am swtsnshyn's husband.

First I should ask what medium you are wanting to work in? i.e. illustration, t-shirts, photo retouching, pottery, etc.

The majority of my airbrushing experience is in t-shirts and custom automotive painting.

I will try and help the best I can. Perhaps I can get a few pics posted later on.

Upvote 0

COMMANDO

May 6, 2004
MELBOURNE
Visit site
✟7,849.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
basically at the moment i am just practicing on paper, attempting to do portraits (best word i could find to describe it) basically of people/charecters off movie covers eg: i've attempted, Yoda from star wars, Vin Diesle and the girl who plays his girlfriend in the Fast and the Furious (them together) and now i am about to start one with the four men that are on the cover of Saving Private Ryan... the first two were done in black and white and they werent too good but being a beginner i guess i should be happy with it. the main problem i think i am having is trigger control.... with the Saving Private Ryan one that i am about to do, i have thought about trying to mix a khaki type colour and doing their uniforms with that, and then doing black and white for their face. not sure how it will turn out , but i guess you learn a bit from experimenting....
but the main area i want to get into doing is airbrushing on cars, i think i've got a long way to go, but with practice i will get there (i hope)

Upvote 0

ez3729

Jan 24, 2004
✟366.00
Faith
Christian
Hello there,
I use to airbrush a while back and found that practicing those thick to thin dagger strokes help in getting trigger control. I also think that if your basic drawing foundation is good then your airbrushing will probably follow with mileage. If possible you can get some mileage workin at an amusement park or something like that. I don't have any stuff to show here. later

Upvote 0

COMMANDO

May 6, 2004
MELBOURNE
Visit site
✟7,849.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
i'm guessing because your in america, prices will be different to australia (probably cheaper), but i picked up a Pasche VL for $60 its pretty good for a beginners airbrush, and is certainly cheaper than some which can cost any where up to $300 and more. i guess when looking for a airbrush you would be best getting a duel action brush (Pasche VL is but there are others). basically a single action requires just a press on the trigger and paint comes out, but duel action you press the trigger down to get air, and pull the trigger back for paint, allowing better control (nicer lines ect, when ya get the hang of it) you will also need an air compressor with a regulator (to control air pressure) probably set you back $100 - $150 and apparently you need a moisture trap or something like that, but i dont have one and all seems to be ok. hope thats helped you a bit.

Upvote 0