Visit site
✟15,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just want to say, the hate in some posts seems obvious, I think so anyway.
And the false quotes and false accusations make it easy to see the spirit bekind it.

1John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

These days one does not have to test, it seems to overflow in some posts.
Garry, I know of no accusations made by Prisca1, I was just commenting on your anger toward her when it seemed she did nothing to deserve it. I never attacked you until I saw an injustist. No agenda, no conspiracy just defending the lady. You started saying lier, clown. etc.. when she did not ever say any of those things to you. If someone preveiously said that to you, what does that have to do with what she said, nothing. She did not deserve that kind of treatment. Maby you were offended by her scripture or her beliefs and you were allready prejudging her. I don't know. No reason to go off on someone you don't even know. Go to my profile and check my post, I have not an ounce of anger in anything I've posted. Think about it.
God Bless, Rick

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Garry, I know of no accusations made by Prisca1,
I was just commenting on your anger toward her
I said I wasn't angry, but OK keep on saying it your way if you want.

when it seemed she did nothing to deserve it. I never attacked you until I saw an injustist. No agenda, no conspiracy just defending the lady.
You started saying lier, clown. etc.. when she did not ever say any of those things to you.
In response to her calling me Mr Accuser, I said I havn't called anyone a clown a fool a coward a liar liar liar liar liar liar liar liar liar
as some have accused me off who post similar to you.
Perhaps after re-reading it , it is now clear to you.
You see Im not an accuser, buy others have accused me off those things I mentioned. And they post similarly to P1 talking about flying away etc.
It's really simple, which is my way.

If someone preveiously said that to you, what does that have to do with what she said, nothing. She did not deserve that kind of treatment.
She and yourself think she got some kind of treatment I merely answered her statement.

Maby you were offended by her scripture or her beliefs and you were allready prejudging her. I don't know. No reason to go off on someone you don't even know. Go to my profile and check my post, I have not an ounce of anger in anything I've posted. Think about it.
God Bless, Rick
Is there something to think about?

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
\

Jesus really does Love me.

You said you were going to ignore me - not truthful.
I never even posted to you.

Upvote 0

prisca1

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
✟7,683.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
\

Jesus really does Love me.

You said you were going to ignore me - not truthful.
I never even posted to you.

2 Thessalonians 3:14
And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.:o

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
2 Thessalonians 3:14
And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.:o
I don't follow your answers, but however.
You said earlier that I'm against catholics, that must have been from a thread long ago, you have been here days, do you have another user name at this board? or have you had?
If not then why do you say I'm against catholics?

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
radrick:
I don't remember seeing your point of view in scripture, all you do is argue with uglyness.

I have given many views and with scripture.
(when did you come here? this month?)
Is arguing with uglyness really all I do.

Give links to these.
radrick:
Really no point in repeating much more of your derogatory slangs.

Again would you care to post a link to these derogatory slangs.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Um...I'm not finding that "toxon" = "cheap imitation" but in fact "toxon" literally is translated "bow".

www.searchgodsword.org/lex/grk/view.cgi?number=5115

Good advice, thank you! I usually do use more than one translation in study but am used to reading the NIV.

The Strong's is a powerful tool, Jen....

from the Strong's Concordance...

G5115
τόξον
toxon
tox'-on
From the base of G5088; a bow (apparently as the simplest fabric): - bow.

Our Saviour has a bow or aura that surrounds Him, we read of it many times in Rev....His appearance....His Glory...His Covering

Satan will be cast from heaven to the earth, and he knows his time is short...

Satan himself is cast from heaven to earth, do not read over that. And when he is cast down, it will be a grand entrance, with his angels(fallen) at his side....this is not a man cast down but an x-cherub, a supernatural fallen angel...capable of deceiving the world....

Rev6 is not Messiah's return but Satan's casting, from heaven to earth....

the bow is his aura, it is not a weapon....but appearance...his glory which in his case is not true...but a fake, hence the analogy of a "bow of fabric" or a "covering" ....and Satan's covering/aura/bow, is toxon which has only one meaning...it is an inexpensive fabric imitation...

remember that in Daniel we learn that he comes in peacefully and prosperously, not all war and death and destruction like most doomsday churches teach....left behind series and such are a result of the faulty teaching in this category....

the first rider is antiChrist/Satan cast from heaven to the earth.

in His service
c

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Strong's is a powerful tool, Jen....

from the Strong's Concordance...

G5115
τόξον
toxon
tox'-on

Our Saviour has a bow or aura that surrounds Him, we read of it many times in Rev....His appearance....His Glory...His Covering

Satan will be cast from heaven to the earth, and he knows his time is short...

Satan himself is cast from heaven to earth, do not read over that. And when he is cast down, it will be a grand entrance, with his angels(fallen) at his side....this is not a man cast down but an x-cherub, a supernatural fallen angel...capable of deceiving the world....

Rev6 is not Messiah's return but Satan's casting, from heaven to earth....

the bow is his aura, it is not a weapon....but appearance...his glory which in his case is not true...but a fake, hence the analogy of a "bow of fabric" or a "covering" ....and Satan's covering/aura/bow, is toxon which has only one meaning...it is an inexpensive fabric imitation...

remember that in Daniel we learn that he comes in peacefully and prosperously, not all war and death and destruction like most doomsday churches teach....left behind series and such are a result of the faulty teaching in this category....

the first rider is antiChrist/Satan cast from heaven to the earth.

in His service
c

Woah, there...

Wait a second...you are saying that the bow is like a light that surrounds the guy's head like in Renaissance art and not an actual bow (as in bow and arrow)?

Uh...I don't know that I can buy that one...
KJV:
Rev 6:2And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

NIV:

Rev 6:2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

NLT:

Rev 6:2 I looked up and saw a white horse. Its rider carried a bow, and a crown was placed on his head. He rode out to win many battles and gain the victory.

Yeah...I'm can't believe that this bow means an "aura".

And furthermore, if this guy is supposedly the anti-christ and he's the first seal, then none of the seals have been opened yet because the anti-christ isn't here. I cannot believe that based on Matt 24.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
seals are info for the elect (not the specific order of events or events themselves)...these seals are in the same order as Mat24...

I believe that the seals are specific to Daniels 70th week, not since the last 2000 years...(I have a new prospective on the 5th seal)

KJV is a much better translation than those others...

and Strong's more than suggests that it is a fabric bow...what we make clothes out of....God put a "bow" in the sky......and has a bow around Him which is described Gloriously...Satan's is a cheap imitation of Christ's Bow, and as such, it is given the appropriate name of "bow / toxon". It is not a weapon, but a bow of fabric...buy it by the yard....(or up here by the metre).

in His service
c

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
seals are info for the elect
Possibly why you don't seem to understand them.

(not the specific order of events or events themselves)...these seals are in the same order as Mat24
I believe that the seals are specific to Daniels 70th week, not since the last 2000 years...(I have a new prospective on the 5th seal)

and Strong's more than suggests that it is a fabric bow...what we make clothes out of....
in His service
c

God put a "bow" in the sky......
The bow in the sky is the rainbow, a covenant with God and man that He will never destroy man again by flood.

13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zadok7000

Awake and Sober
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟11,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First, I wish to remind all here that only about two months ago, both zeke37 and zadok7000 refused to reveal their denominational ties.

:doh:
If you bothered to listen then, I wouldn't have to repeat myself now. I claim NO DENOMINATION. That's not "refusing to reveal", that's the truth. Move on.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
seals are info for the elect (not the specific order of events or events themselves)...these seals are in the same order as Mat24...

and Strong's more than suggests that it is a fabric bow...what we make clothes out of....God put a "bow" in the sky......and has a bow around Him which is described Gloriously...Satan's is a cheap imitation of Christ's Bow, and as such, it is given the appropriate name of "bow / toxon". It is not a weapon, but a bow of fabric...buy it by the yard....(or up here by the metre).

in His service
c
Ok, where is the description of Christ's bow in the Bible? Maybe seeing scripture about that will help your case.

The 1st seal rider has the bow in hand...not an aura surrounding him like in Renaissance art.

Are you saying that the 1st seal rider is the anti-christ and he will have a fabric bow in his hair?

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ok, where is the description of Christ's bow in the Bible? Maybe seeing scripture about that will help your case.

The 1st seal rider has the bow in hand...not an aura surrounding him like in Renaissance art.

Are you saying that the 1st seal rider is the anti-christ and he will have a fabric bow in his hair?

Yes, the first rider is the antiChrist...guaranteed...just as in Mat24...

Jen, have you read the Greek manuscripts?

Hand is never mentioned, not once...it is a translational error in some translations, fortunately, the KJV did not make that mistake...it is by far the best English translation...

I mean, you owe it to yourself (we owe it to ourselves) to see what was really written, not just what some man somewhere/sometime said that it means....the first rider has a bow, but it is not in his hand....and it is not a weapon, but an appearance...a glory, which is an imitation of the Lord's Glory...a cheap imitation...as the word 'toxon' teaches us...

the Lord is described in Rev1 to name one...

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Satan, when he is cast from heaven (Rev12) will imitate Christ's arrival, fake out the world by claiming to be Jesus returned...

the scripture above describes Christ's appearance...Satan will have an appearance as well, and it may look incredible to us mortals, but when the true Messiah returns, His Glory will immensely outshine that of Satan's....

The bow of fabric is used as a symbol, and in our lives....and more so in the lives of those who lived back then, there is/was expensive bows of fabric (bought for the well to do, royalty etc...) and real cheap bows of fabric (for common folk)....Satan's is a cheap fabric imitationof the good Glory of God....not the real good stuff....get it?

in His service
c

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have thought for a long time that this is the beast, his bow is weapon, he does not have arrows because he destroys through peace.
The bow is he destroys - the absence of arrows is through peace.

However, I'm unable to study a lot these days, and so I do not rule out what HDJ says.
In fact if I read all the posts I may be agreeing with her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am not out to trick anyone...

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
#G5115
τόξον
toxon
tox'-on

G5088
τίκτω
tiktō
tik'-to
A strengthened from of a primary word τέκω tekō (which is used only as an alternate in certain tenses); to produce (from seed, as a mother, a plant, the earth, etc.), literal or figurative: - bear, be born, bring forth, be delivered, be in travail.

there is nothing suggesting a weapon...

in His service
c

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
revelation 6:2
And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

and he that sat on him had a bow;

and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

not with a piece of fabric, I think.

I have for a long time thought of this to be the beast, but
"and a crown was given unto him"

does not seem to fit the beast, but then again the greek is stephanos, which is like ancient olympians were given, it is a wreath, it is a crown given by man and not God.

so he had a bow-ribbon and wreath, does sound like beast.
Although they don't align with conquering and to conquer.

No leave it for others.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not out to trick anyone...

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
#G5115
τόξον
toxon
tox'-on

G5088
τίκτω
tiktō
tik'-to
A strengthened from of a primary word τέκωtekō (which is used only as an alternate in certain tenses); to produce (from seed, as a mother, a plant, the earth, etc.), literal or figurative: - bear, be born, bring forth, be delivered, be in travail.

there is nothing suggesting a weapon...

in His service
c
Sorry, Zeke...I'm still not getting it or seeing that the bow that the 1st rider has is an aura or a... piece of fabric (???) which somehow makes the rider the anti-christ (???).

There is nothing to suggest that the rider has a bow in his hair or an aura or...?

Compare Zech 6 horses to Rev 6 horses. There is reason to believe that the white horse is a positive thing.

I've said it before but I'm leaning toward this being the church preaching the gospel...conquering the world in the stead of Christ which is why the rider looks like Christ with the crown and white horse.

It is the commission of the church to do so with the gospel.

From my previous post on this thread:

In reading this and comparing Rev 6 to Matt 24 and Zech 6, the white horse is either representative of false christs or the gospel being preached to all the world. I'm leaning toward the gospel being preached....the church is the one representative of Christ on the white horse wearing the crown bent on conquering but does not have the power to destroy or judge that Christ does. I believe Zech 6 confirms this because the rider of the white horse gives the Spirit of God rest. take it or leave it....

Mar 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

Act 1:8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Act 13:47For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"

Rom 10:18But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: "Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."

Based on these scriptures, it's very possible that the rider of the white horse, the 1st seal rider, is the church, commissioned by Christ to "conquer" the world with the gospel of salvation....hence no sword or arrows which symbolize wrath, judgment.

Again, there's nothing to suggest that the 1st seal rider on the white horse is a bad thing and if it does represent the church, has been commissioned for 2000 years as well as the wars, famines, plagues, pestilences, persecution and martyrdom.

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sorry, Zeke...I'm still not getting it or seeing that the bow that the 1st rider has is an aura or a... piece of fabric (???) which somehow makes the rider the anti-christ (???).

There is nothing to suggest that the rider has a bow in his hair or an aura or...?

Compare Zech 6 horses to Rev 6 horses. There is reason to believe that the white horse is a positive thing.

I've said it before but I'm leaning toward this being the church preaching the gospel...conquering the world in the stead of Christ which is why the rider looks like Christ with the crown and white horse.

It is the commission of the church to do so with the gospel.

From my previous post on this thread:

In reading this and comparing Rev 6 to Matt 24 and Zech 6, the white horse is either representative of false christs or the gospel being preached to all the world. I'm leaning toward the gospel being preached....the church is the one representative of Christ on the white horse wearing the crown bent on conquering but does not have the power to destroy or judge that Christ does. I believe Zech 6 confirms this because the rider of the white horse gives the Spirit of God rest. take it or leave it....

Mar 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

Act 1:8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Act 13:47For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"

Rom 10:18But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: "Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."

Based on these scriptures, it's very possible that the rider of the white horse, the 1st seal rider, is the church, commissioned by Christ to "conquer" the world with the gospel of salvation....hence no sword or arrows which symbolize wrath, judgment.

Again, there's nothing to suggest that the 1st seal rider on the white horse is a bad thing and if it does represent the church, has been commissioned for 2000 years as well as the wars, famines, plagues, pestilences, persecution and martyrdom.
Would explain why he (the Church) is given a wreath crown which is perishable, because we are flesh as opposed to the Crowns we will be given for Eternity.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
revelation 6:2
And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

and he that sat on him had a bow;

and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

not with a piece of fabric, I think.

correct....with peace and prosperity (Daniel), not war....there is going to be a peace brought on by this one, but it will not last....(NWO...one world govmnt.)

I have for a long time thought of this to be the beast, but
"and a crown was given unto him"

does not seem to fit the beast, but then again the greek is stephanos, which is like ancient olympians were given, it is a wreath, it is a crown given by man and not God.

so he had a bow-ribbon and wreath, does sound like beast.
Although they don't align with conquering and to conquer.

No leave it for others.

Today, I would say it is about 1/2 and 1/2 as far as who believes that this is going to be the Messiah or this is going to be the antiChrist...

the fabric bow is symbolic....of aura or clothing or righteous acts.....what we shall wear in the eternity....
(what we make clothes out of today) what are our clothes made out of in the eternity? righteous acts....which Satan does not have....his are fake...

I hope I am making the analogy clear...

Satan attempts to fool the world...the world sees him coming here with his many angels, play acting Jesus...

Satan's covering, although it may look to some as Christ, is in reality a cheap imitation, not the real thing...toxon...

in His service
c

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.