HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I understand your thinking. I clearly recognize that it is the "standard" approach to this question. My point is that, in addition to the difference in the statements about the healing of the wounds, The Antichrist is presented in the scriptures I cited as being the king of revived Judah, which is now called Israel; whereas the beast is presented as the king of the revived Roman empire.

Although my approach is unpopular today, it was the interpretation of the "original" (modern) dispensational writers, J. N. Darby and William Kelly. And that, plus two and a half dollars or so, will get you a cup of coffee at one of the fancy coffee houses. ;) In other words, it is interesting, but of zero probative value.
So what you are saying is that the worthless shepherd of Zech 11:17 is not necessarily the anti-christ who is wounded but it is just an interesting similarity. right?

Zec 11:16 For I am going to raise up a shepherd over the land who will not care for the lost, or seek the young, or heal the injured, or feed the healthy, but will eat the meat of the choice sheep, tearing off their hoofs.
Zec 11:17
“Woe to the worthless shepherd,
who deserts the flock!
May the sword strike his arm and his right eye!
May his arm be completely withered,
his right eye totally blinded!”

Who else could it be? If it isn't someone from the past, then this passage is yet future, right?

Upvote 0

prisca1

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
✟7,683.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Zechariah 11

15And the LORD said unto me, Take unto thee yet the instruments of a foolish shepherd.
16For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, which shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces. (this scripture refers to the ani-christ) 17Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.
idol=idols
clean dried up=withered, no strength, no knowledge to stand against, ignorant
darkened=blinded, of the truth

Revelation 13

1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

(sea=peoples, kindreds, nations, tongues)
(heads=dominions of the earth)

2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

(leopards,bear,lion=world powers,dominions, the world)
3And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

(wounded= world dominion failed, NWO)

4And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

(make war with a one world system? I think not. How you gonna build an army and go to war with it when all the armys of the world are in agreemnet? You cant!)

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

(Claiming to be God, ya I'de say that was pretty blasphemic)

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

(make war with who?)

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

(ALL)

9If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

(looking like the Lamb slain! Ever heard of little horn, big horn? Go read Daniel)

12And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

(he has power all right because your not dealing with a hu-man, rather a spirit, evil spirit, satan.100% brain capacity going on there)

14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

(In the site of the beast, NWO,one worldism)

15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

(2 wittnesses)

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

(oh no, a tatoo, a microchip....didn't say that! It says 'IN' your forehead. What's 'IN' your forehead?)

17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

(Nope, better be thinking about a little stocking up or your gonna bow, cause this guy is like a scriptural lawyer, what did he tempt Christ with?)
18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

(666=6th trumpt,6th Vial,6th Seal) Ever looked those up??? Who is it describing??? You got it....anti-christ!!!

In Zechariah. Why do you think there arm is going to wither? What is arm symbolic for? 'Strength' of course. In other words you cannot go up against these 'beasts'. They will eat your lunch. THEY ARE NOT HU-MAN. They only pass themselves off as 'holy men'.
You'de better stop going around accusing people and get the word of God 'sealed' in your brain, or you WILL be decieved. Shadrack, Mechac, and Abednigo had that 'seal'.

Revelation 6

1And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. 2And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer

Greek-bow-toxon=cheep imitation

Not the true Messiah but a fake a fraud. That is the 6th chapter. Got it?

6And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Know what a measure of wheat for penny and a measure of barley for a penny is?
Why, it's a rip off! Your being sold a bag of goods. This is NOT the same white horse rider of Reve.19

He's a fake and a fraud. That's it!!!

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So tell me men....who do you say is anti-christ? Simple question.
Who do you believe comes first? And document please.

The "mouth" of the beast comes first and after he is wounded, then the false prophet. It is the beast who is worshipped. The false prophet does not want people to worship himself but the beast. It is the anti-christ who stands in the temple of God and proclaims himself to be God. He is then wounded and the false prophet props him up and makes everyone worship the beast. Christ destroys them both at His return.

All of this is found in Daniel 11 and Revelation 13.

He never passed through the womb. So tell me men, are you AT ALL familiar with satan's M.O.? How does he operate and tell me where the very detailed 'profile' of satan is in the Bible.

Well, no, Satan himself never passed through the womb. That is true.

He does give his power to "human" counterparts in the form of the guy who is the "mouth" (spokesman/representative) of the beast and to the false prophet. I don't know if that means "indwelling" or "influencing" or what have you. I do know that the devil is the one pulling the stings behind these two guys.

Well, we know that the devil intends to put his throne above God's which is what the anti-christ says as he stands in God's temple and blasphemes God and heaven.

Isa 14:12 How you have fallen from heaven,
O morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth,
you who once laid low the nations!
Isa 14:13You said in your heart,
“I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne
above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.[fn3]
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.”
Isa 14:15 But you are brought down to the grave,
to the depths of the pit.

Rev 13:6 He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven.

Dan 11:36 “The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been determined must take place.
Dan 11:37 He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the one desired by women, nor will he regard any god, but will exalt himself above them all.

2Th 2:4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

Indeed, it is the beast who does these things ...the one who is the "mouth" of the beast led by and in the power of the devil.

The false prophet performs the counterfeit signs and miracles and fools people into worshipping the beast.

Where in the Bible (revelations) does it say he's 'worthless' I mean is that in the manuscripts?

When you consider all of the names that satan/anti-christ uses, you have to start making titles up?

No, not made up and not in Revelation. We are referring to Zechariah 11:17 which may or may not refer to the anti-christ. I, personally, believe it does.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(Nope, better be thinking about a little stocking up or your gonna bow, cause this guy is like a scriptural lawyer, what did he tempt Christ with?)
18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

(666=6th trumpt,6th Vial,6th Seal) Ever looked those up??? Who is it describing??? You got it....anti-christ!!!

I agree with you about the "scriptural lawyer" part. The devil knows the laws of God. His conversation with God about Job also confirms this.

I don't understand what you are saying about the 666=6th trumpet, 6th vial, 6th seal...

6th trumpet:

Rev 9:13 The sixth angel sounded his trumpet, and I heard a voice coming from the horns[fn2] of the golden altar that is before God.
Rev 9:14 It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.”
Rev 9:15 And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind.
Rev 9:16 The number of the mounted troops was two hundred million. I heard their number.

6th bowl/vial:

Rev 16:12 The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East.

6th seal:

Rev 6:12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,
Rev 6:13and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.

What do these have to do with describing the anti-christ?

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 6

1And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. 2And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer

Greek-bow-toxon=cheep imitation

Not the true Messiah but a fake a fraud. That is the 6th chapter. Got it?

6And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Know what a measure of wheat for penny and a measure of barley for a penny is?
Why, it's a rip off! Your being sold a bag of goods. This is NOT the same white horse rider of Reve.19

He's a fake and a fraud. That's it!!!

I don't know that I'm convinced that the rider is the anti-christ and here's why...

1. When Jesus described the events of the end times in Matt 24/Mark/Luke 21, he included the events that are described in the seals of Rev 6.

I agree that the description is similar to the description of Christ but the guy in the 1st seal has a bow but no arrows and no sword. That's got to mean something. He's bent on conquering but you cannot conquer with only a bow in hand and a crown on your head.

Rev 6:2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

If you compare it to Jesus' words in Matt 24:

Mat 24:5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,[fn1]’ and will deceive many. (POSSIBLE WHITE HORSE)
Mat 24:6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars (RED HORSE), but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.
Mat 24:7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines (BLACK HORSE) and earthquakes in various places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
Mat 24:9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. (ALL signs with death -PALE HORSE)
Mat 24:10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,
Mat 24:11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
Mat 24:12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,
Mat 24:13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. (POSSIBLE WHITE HORSE)

In reading this and comparing Rev 6 to Matt 24 and Zech 6, the white horse is either representative of false christs or the gospel being preached to all the world. I'm leaning toward the gospel being preached....the church is the one representative of Christ on the white horse wearing the crown bent on conquering but does not have the power to destroy or judge that Christ does. I believe Zech 6 confirms this because the rider of the white horse gives the Spirit of God rest. take it or leave it....

Mar 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

Act 1:8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Act 13:47For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"

Rom 10:18But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: "Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."

Based on these scriptures, it's very possible that the rider of the white horse, the 1st seal rider, is the church, commissioned by Christ to "conquer" the world with the gospel of salvation....hence no sword or arrows which symbolize wrath, judgment.

The 5th seal (giving of white robes), the 6th seal (earthquake,sun,moon,stars signalling the beginning of the day of wrath), and the 7th seal (silence, 6 trumpets, 7 bowls, 7th trumpet) have not been opened yet. The first four have been opened since Christ ascended and opened them not quite 2000 years ago. (imho)

2. Another possible scenario is that NONE of the seals have been opened yet. I find that VERY hard to believe but if the 1st seal rider is the anti-christ, then none have been opened yet because he's not on scene yet and the seals are opened consecutively. It would mean that the wars, famines, plagues, persecution, martyrdom have not yet happened. It also means that the birth pains have not yet begun which in light of history and current events would be hard to believe.

3. Zechariah 6:

Zec 6:1 And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains [were] mountains of brass. Zec 6:2 In the first chariot [were] red horses; and in the second chariot black horses; Zec 6:3 And in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses. Zec 6:4 Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What [are] these, my lord? Zec 6:5 And the angel answered and said unto me, These [are] the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth. Zec 6:6 The black horses which [are] therein go forth into the north country; and the white go forth after them; and the grisled go forth toward the south country. Zec 6:7 And the bay went forth, and sought to go that they might walk to and fro through the earth: and he said, Get you hence, walk to and fro through the earth. So they walked to and fro through the earth. Zec 6:8 Then cried he upon me, and spake unto me, saying, Behold, these that go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country.

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
[qoute](And of course, the fact that I say it makes it correct. Right?)
Claiming to be a christian is not anything to be ashamed of. These fellows you speek of speek the truth.
We've seen your type come and go more then once and the 'distain' towards us in a 'nice way'.
What is BibleWriters type pre trib rap I suppose.

"You will be hated of all nations for my names sake."

Go ahead and teach what you want to....it will be on your head and not ours.

To accuse us of being unorthadox is just that. Accusing. You have obviously never taken the time to look up the scriptures or you would not even be saying such a thing 'in a nice way'.
Garry, you are taking my words and using them against me.

[qoute]
Taken by whom, taken by what? Taken by the deviecer of course! A/C

Quote:
You need to stick to the subject and you will see that anti-christ is the subject!
WHAT DO YOU THINK A/C MEANS? Dont tell me to stick to the subject when I was, dear.
I didn't say that, you did, I just highlighted it as one of the things I did not agree with.

You keep saying 'some guy' 'some man' 'traditions of men' and turning this around.

Let me ask you a question? Do you go to church???
I dont. Nope!
"Ooooh No, she get's on here and she doesn't even go to church? Oh no"?!!!!
So dont sit there and tell me I'am listening to 'some man' I dont listen to YOU MEN.
I have all of the manuscripts I need right here at home.
All the study tools any scholar probably has in his Library and the same information one would utilized to become one.
Accusing people is not of God either. So just go ahead. I can take it.
Sorry but I refuse to 'GO TO CHURCH' and pad your pocket book, dude.
I'am on a fixed income fella's and I cant afford to give you my money. You'll have to find some other sucker to and poor widows mite to to talk them out of cause this ones too smart for that.

So tell me men....who do you say is anti-christ? Simple question.
Who do you believe comes first? And document please.

Now the 'serpent' was more subtil then any 'beast' of the field the Lord God made.
'beast' translates 'an entity with a soul.' Okay?

He never passed through the womb. So tell me men, are you AT ALL familiar with satan's M.O.? How does he operate and tell me where the very detailed 'profile' of satan is in the Bible.
Where in the Bible (revelations) does it say he's 'worthless' I mean is that in the manuscripts?

When you consider all of the names that satan/anti-christ uses, you have to start making titles up?
Why dont you go back and become familiar with titles satan/anti-christ is already refered to and study them real good and look up all of the definitions and then you might be a little more careful before you go around trying to make a mockery of people when you in fact show your own ignorance.
No one has asked you what church you go to? Why is that so important to you or what has that got to do with the price of tea in China?
Are you concerned that if they are not a member of YOUR church that they are somehow in error?
Or is it just pride that you have to go around 'accusing' people without cause.
Where in the book of revelations does it say his 'eye' and his 'arm' are wounded?
I know it says is 'his head was wounded and that his deadly wound was healed'.
Why do you have to go around insulting the Catholics to make your point anyway?
There are alot of good Catholics Mr. Accuser!!! I dont really appreciate your imperialistic tone there 'friend'.
Wow, don't use the word friend, we are obviously not.
as far as accuser goes, I havn't called anyone a clown, or a fool or a coward or a Liar liar liar liar liar liar liar liar liar
as I have been accuseed of being, by some who post similarly to you.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So what you are saying is that the worthless shepherd of Zech 11:17 is not necessarily the anti-christ who is wounded but it is just an interesting similarity. right?

Zec 11:16 For I am going to raise up a shepherd over the land who will not care for the lost, or seek the young, or heal the injured, or feed the healthy, but will eat the meat of the choice sheep, tearing off their hoofs.
Zec 11:17
“Woe to the worthless shepherd,
who deserts the flock!
May the sword strike his arm and his right eye!
May his arm be completely withered,
his right eye totally blinded!”

Who else could it be? If it isn't someone from the past, then this passage is yet future, right?

No. I am saying that the worthless shepherd is the Antichrist, and that the Antichrist is the king of revived Judah, not the king of revived Rome.

An additional reason for this, based on logic, rather than scripture, is that the Orthodox Jews, though blinded to many prophecies, know that the messiah will be one of themselves. It would be therefore be physically impossible to convince them that any non-Jewish person was their Messiah. So the Antichrist has to be a Jew.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

prisca1

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
✟7,683.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I will no longer respond to your posts Garry. You are being dishonest and also playing the tit for tat game. I do not and will not argue with you. So if your looking for an arguement, you'de better look someplace else. I will completely ignore you from here on out.

Now back to the serious Bible students.

Jan, the rider of the horse in the in the 6th chapter that has the bow in his hand...

Greek-bow-toxon= cheap imitation(anti-christ)

I think not using a (KJV) that you are doing yourself a grave injustice. The reason I say that is because one needs to come as close to the manuscripts as they posssibly can.
A Strong's Concordance of the Hebrew and Greek is imperitive to understanding the Bible on that 3rd level and what the Bible calls the 'Mysteries of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.'
That having been said...a Companion Bible is equally as important as it comes with a margin/index explaining each verse telling you a little bit from the language it was translated from and gives you an Appendix full of aditional information and Hisory to help reinforce the legitamcy of the Holy Word the Bible.

Old English is difficult enough to understand. What one word might mean in our modern day English language, might mean something slightly different in the ancient language of Hebrew and Greek, or...all together different.
It is impossable to understand the Bible 'indepth' without researching the words and taking them back to the 'original language' that they were written in and translated from as some words are translated and some transliterated and some hebraisms and some words and passages figures of speech. What one paragraph is to be read on a literal level and what another is to be read on a spiritual level. You will find that to be especially true in the old Testament when reading prophecy and naturally the book of Revelations.

God bless you, Priscilla;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

radrick

Oct 12, 2007
Mid-west
Visit site
✟15,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
garry said:
as far as accuser goes, I havn't called anyone a clown, or a fool or a coward or a Liar liar liar liar liar liar liar liar liar

Hi Garry, I don't recall Prisca ever using that kind of tone or language in her post. Somethings got you way too upset for you to start going off like that. And by the way, I don't remember seeing your point of view in scripture, all you do is argue with uglyness. I'm following this thread and i'll be waiting for you scriptureal lesson, ok? Really no point in repeating much more of your derogatory slangs. Lets hear some of your wisdom now.
God Bless, Rick:scratch:

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. I am saying that the worthless shepherd is the Antichrist, and that the Antichrist is the king of revived Judah, not the king of revived Rome.

An additional reason for this, based on logic, rather than scripture, is that the Orthodox Jews, though blinded to many prophecies, know that the messiah will be one of themselves. It would be therefore be physically impossible to convince them that any non-Jewish person was their Messiah. So the Antichrist has to be a Jew.
Ok...I'm following you...

Maybe he is a Jew by birth/ethnicity but not by beliefs. In fact, Daniel says he honors a god of fortresses, unknown to his fathers. But I'm still thinking that he's not going to pretend to be Jesus (which some are saying). He may say that he is God but I don't think he'll try to convince people that he is Jesus or pretend to be Jesus.

I think that it's logical to assume that the anti-christ will come out of the Judeo-Christian West.

Isn't it also possible that this anti-christ could be both a Jew and a leader of the revived Roman Empire?

The Catholics have a prophecy that the next pope is going to be a turn-coat....(Malachy prophecy)...which could very easily take the position of false prophet.

My guess is that the 5th, 6th, & 7th seals are going to be opened consecutively and together very shortly. The rapture (5th seal) will happen, followed by the invading army (Amos 8/Joel 2/Ezek 38/39) and earthquake, sun,moon darkening (6th seal), followed by the dessimation of that army by God, then (7th seal) silence from heaven at the rise of the anti-christ in the confusion, the rebuilding of the temple as the two witnesses give their testimony and 6 of the trumpets blown, the blasphemy of the anti-christ, followed by his fatal wound, two witnesses killed, false prophet steps in and deceives with false miracles, forces the mark, 7 vials/bowls of wrath, 7th trumpet and Christ returns.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jan, the rider of the horse in the in the 6th chapter that has the bow in his hand...

Greek-bow-toxon= cheap imitation(anti-christ)

Um...I'm not finding that "toxon" = "cheap imitation" but in fact "toxon" literally is translated "bow".

www.searchgodsword.org/lex/grk/view.cgi?number=5115

I think not using a (KJV) that you are doing yourself a grave injustice. The reason I say that is because one needs to come as close to the manuscripts as they posssibly can.
A Strong's Concordance of the Hebrew and Greek is imperitive to understanding the Bible on that 3rd level and what the Bible calls the 'Mysteries of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.'
That having been said...a Companion Bible is equally as important as it comes with a margin/index explaining each verse telling you a little bit from the language it was translated from and gives you an Appendix full of aditional information and Hisory to help reinforce the legitamcy of the Holy Word the Bible.

Old English is difficult enough to understand. What one word might mean in our modern day English language, might mean something slightly different in the ancient language of Hebrew and Greek, or...all together different.
It is impossable to understand the Bible 'indepth' without researching the words and taking them back to the 'original language' that they were written in and translated from as some words are translated and some transliterated and some hebraisms and some words and passages figures of speech. What one paragraph is to be read on a literal level and what another is to be read on a spiritual level. You will find that to be especially true in the old Testament when reading prophecy and naturally the book of Revelations.

God bless you, Priscilla;)

Good advice, thank you! I usually do use more than one translation in study but am used to reading the NIV.

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Garry, I don't recall Prisca ever using that kind of tone or language in her post. Somethings got you way too upset for you to start going off like that. And by the way, I don't remember seeing your point of view in scripture, all you do is argue with uglyness. I'm following this thread and i'll be waiting for you scriptureal lesson, ok? Really no point in repeating much more of your derogatory slangs. Lets hear some of your wisdom now.
God Bless, Rick:scratch:
Wow again Ha where are they comingf from?

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Prisca 1:
I will no longer respond to your posts Garry. You are being dishonest and also playing the tit for tat game. I do not and will not argue with you. So if your looking for an arguement, you'de better look someplace else. I will completely ignore you from here on out.
Well maybe you know what you are talking about.
dishonest - what do the fly away crowd have in common, is it accusations and bad spirits?
Thanks for saying I have a high and mighty attitude, I Love to be like my Father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Matthew 5:
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
:amen:

Upvote 0

radrick

Oct 12, 2007
Mid-west
Visit site
✟15,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow, don't use the word friend, we are obviously not. I havn't called anyone a clown, or a fool or a coward or a Liar liar liar liar liar liar liar liar liar, I Love to be like my Father.
Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,ahh Wow Garry, you are funny. I'm sure our Heavenly Father is nothing like you! Too funny.

Well, where's your scripture? Not a shread of Christ in you huh. Just as I thought, another blow hard fake. Taking on the women folk. The last time I checked, our Father loved his children.
Leviticus 19:18
Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Fighting with women will get you no where. You really should see a doctor about your anger.
God Bless, Rick:amen:

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Originally Posted by garry2
Wow, don't use the word friend, we are obviously not. I havn't called anyone a clown, or a fool or a coward or a Liar liar liar liar liar liar liar liar liar, I Love to be like my Father

Originally posted by garry2, no indeed, falsified and edited by you.

Here is the original post:

Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,ahh Wow Garry, you are funny. I'm sure our Heavenly Father is nothing like you! Too funny.

I'm sure I'm a little like Him.

Well, where's your scripture? Not a shread of Christ in you huh. Just as I thought, another blow hard fake. Taking on the women folk. The last time I checked, our Father loved his children.

Taking on the women folk you say, Prisca 1 in a post of what seemed like hate against me, ended up with calling me Mr Accuser.
I answered saying don't use the word friend because we obviously arn't.

Leviticus 19:18
Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Fighting with women will get you no where. You really should see a doctor about your anger.
God Bless, Rick:amen:
The Truth is I have not had any anger for a long time, and when I do fall I quickly let it go.
Your posts to me seem hateful just like Prisca 1 you may have an agenda, I had not known of you and P 1 before you both posted seemingly angrily to me.

Your claim about me:
Not a shread of Christ in you huh.
I have taken to God.

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just want to say, the hate in some posts seems obvious, I think so anyway.
And the false quotes and false accusations make it easy to see the spirit bekind it.

1John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

These days one does not have to test, it seems to overflow in some posts.

Upvote 0

prisca1

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
✟7,683.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just want to say, the hate in some posts seems obvious, I think so anyway.
And the false quotes and false accusations make it easy to see the spirit bekind it.

1John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

These days one does not have to test, it seems to overflow in some posts.

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.