UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
CS2x said:
Right then. That would explain why I'm having so many doubts-I'm trying to believe in Jesus, but I'm not one of the elect, so I was only made to go straight to eternal fire from beginning! Wonderful....
that is such a misconception it is really sad if you believe that lie............and yes I do believe in double predestination for all the right reasons!

Upvote 0

AudioArtist

AudioArtist
Jul 8, 2003
London
✟5,287.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Why is it a lie? You believe that God chose all who would be saved from the beginning of time, right? And it's not up to us? Well maybe that explains why God is making me stubborn-I am TRYING to believe in Jesus but doubts keep getting in the way; perhaps this is because I am trying to be something that I was chosen NOT to be since the time of genesis-a believer.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟86,244.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Street Preacher said:
I've notice a trend in christianforums.com where Calvinists are singled out and when a calvinist posts the post is taken light heartedly, anyone else find that?

Yes, and it extends to other areas here as well .

In some cases people fear what they do not understand, in others it is an inherited bias .

Not much we can do about it.

Upvote 0

Beoga

Sola Scriptura
Feb 2, 2004
Visit site
✟19,681.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
CS2x said:
Why is it a lie? You believe that God chose all who would be saved from the beginning of time, right? And it's not up to us? Well maybe that explains why God is making me stubborn-I am TRYING to believe in Jesus but doubts keep getting in the way; perhaps this is because I am trying to be something that I was chosen NOT to be since the time of genesis-a believer.

you have a misconception of what it teaches and you are just assuming stuff. Calvinism teaches that "who ever believes will be saved." If someone truly believes in Christ, then they are going to Heaven, they are among the elect. Those that are not chosen to salvation, will not truly seek God because they can't and they really don't want to. They are dead in their sins, and enjoy their sins way to much to turn to God.

Upvote 0

Apollo Rhetor

Apr 19, 2003
✟15,952.00
Faith
Protestant
CS2x said:

Keep searching, and you will find. Who knows, God may have put in you this desire to seek Him and find Him. You won't know if He has chosen you until the point where you believe or die. If you put your faith in Him, you will be saved.

It could easily be that He has made you stubborn for now so that when you believe, it will be with great conviction - preparing you for any works He has set out for you.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟749,599.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
CS2x said:
Maybe you believe and need to trust Jesus Christ...maybe...

Upvote 0

Captain_Scott

Jul 3, 2004
Avon, SD
Visit site
✟7,900.00
Faith
Calvinist
Bulldog said:
I agree. Many do not like Calvinism because it violates the traditions they were brought up on (as I did me when I first looked into Calvinism). People are raised to believe in free will, man's ability to come to Christ, Christ dying for every man, and to give a view that God has elected some to salvation unconditionally gives them an idea of an unloving God, this causes them to automatically through Calvinism out the window.
right! that is not a popular idea among most churches. When i first started to look at what scripture says instead or traditions i met alot of oposition. my own pastor blew me off when i started talking about it.

we calvinists have a bad name....

Upvote 0

Truly Blessed

Jul 5, 2004
✟15,212.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Captain_Scott said:
Well, I think I am at least reformed and probably a calvinist; But right now I am reading the Bible and then I will study different beliefs. However, a really basic thing for me would be how could a sinner want good when sin is his/her nature. It would only make sense that God would have to do something to me first in order for me to want to seek Him. Although, I have been a Christian for a long time. I have not been really active most of the time. But that is changing.

God Bless, Keep up the good fight. It may not benifit you but does others. (people like me).

Are we really suppose to care what other people think of us?

:wave:

Upvote 0

Constantine

The Good Fight
Aug 16, 2004
Vancouver Washington
Visit site
✟698.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Captain_Scott said:
right! that is not a popular idea among most churches. When i first started to look at what scripture says instead or traditions i met alot of oposition. my own pastor blew me off when i started talking about it.

:wave:
People seem so scared of predestination. But shhh...I'm all for predestination guys!

I respect Calvinist more than anybody. You guys rock in my book :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Truly Blessed

Jul 5, 2004
✟15,212.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Mimi said:
Does it really matter what your denomination is?
When it comes to socializing no, I have socialized and so on with other denominations. But, I can't agree with what some of those denominations believe....
Mimi said:
Mimi said:
Why "hate" someone for his denomination.....
Mimi, I don't think anybody was talking about hating people that don't believe the same things we do.

Upvote 0
Truly Blessed said:
When it comes to socializing no, I have socialized and so on with other denominations. But, I can't agree with what some of those denominations believe....Mimi, I don't think anybody was talking about hating people that don't believe the same things we do.
Hate was the wrong word, but I placed it between " " because I didn't know how else to put it......sowwy

Of course there are differences between the denominations, but that what makes us beautiful....the differences.....Basicaly we all believe the same thing.....

Upvote 0

Truly Blessed

Jul 5, 2004
✟15,212.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Mimi said:
Hate was the wrong word, but I placed it between " " because I didn't know how else to put it......sowwy
Didn't see " ". :blush:

Mimi said:
Basicaly we all believe the same thing.....
Probably, real basic things. But once you go deeper into those basic things that is where the changes are. But there are so called churchs that I would not consider a church. That does not mean I dislike them (people). I think a lot of the problem is people can't agree to disagree.

I dont think this side of the forum has been disrespectful toward anybody but has got slammed outside this side of the forum.

I hope nobody thinks I am taking liberties with my post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums