Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Which has what to do with it being wrong to systematically abuse gay people again?

But... but... he said something icky! Clearly nothing else he has ever said can be even momentarily worthwhile, and indeed, all homosexuals deserve to be punished for the crime of being associated with such a reprobate!

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Blackwater Babe said:
But... but... he said something icky! Clearly nothing else he has ever said can be even momentarily worthwhile, and indeed, all homosexuals deserve to be punished for the crime of being associated with such a reprobate!

As frantically trying to avoid admitting christian foul-ups go, this thread is pretty legendary.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
T

Theofane

The worst part is when Dan finally commits suicide at age 50, we'll have to have a big "soul searching national reflection" on how we all managed to bullycide a wealthy grown man.

Is a wealthy established 50 year-old as vulnerable to bullycide as a 14 year-old kid with no friends? Wealthy 50 year-olds don't draw that same level of sympathy from me. As much as I dislike Dan Savage, I wouldn't want him to commit suicide. God bless Dan Savage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
yeah the vocal minority can be a pain. that is what they are at the end of the day. So if you want to keep bringing up comments from the minority then people really should not comment when people are critical of vocal minority like Dan Savage. or are we going to apply double standards?
Except it isn't a minority. Christians are in the majority here. And much like the racists of the past, when the privileges that come with that majority status are threatened, people become violent.

Comparing a minor rant against the hypocrisy of using the Bible as a reason to bully others to people issuing death threats is a false equivocation.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
The worst part is when Dan finally commits suicide at age 50, we'll have to have a big "soul searching national reflection" on how we all managed to bullycide a wealthy grown man.
You know that the old and singular study suggesting homosexual men are likely to die before their 50s has been thoroughly debunked, right?

Upvote 0
T

Theofane

Right. Because consenting adults shouldn't be encouraged to love each other if there is even the slightest wiff of ick factor, amiright?

Sometimes there's more than just a wiff of ick...

Urophilia is pretty gross. You'll never get me to admit otherwise. Would I encourage pee play? Honestly, no. Because it's gross. If that makes me a urine bigot, so be it. It's beneath human dignity, as far as I'm concerned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Urophilia is pretty gross. You'll never get me to admit otherwise. Would I encourage pee play? Honestly, no. Because it's gross. If that makes me a urine bigot, so be it.
And I agree with you 100%. But should two people that enjoy that be refused the right to get married because you find their sexplay to be distasteful?

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian

Urophilia is pretty gross. You'll never get me to admit otherwise. Would I encourage pee play? Honestly, no. Because it's gross. If that makes me a urine bigot, so be it. It's beneath human dignity, as far as I'm concerned.

So, in short, your argument is "that's gross"?

And so long as all the participants engaging in it are freely consenting, fully informed adults, and you're not forced to watch, so what if it IS gross?

I admit, its not exactly my idea of a good time, but hey, I don't like football either, but wouldn't cite liking it as grounds to dismiss someone.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A rudimentary forum search indicates that you have not started any threads on this topic of Muslims beheading gays, and your only posts that refer to it were in....woops....this thread.

And in general, threads about this topic are pretty thin on the ground - certainly on this board at least.
So you make your conclusions with the obvious flaw you have stated. Perhaps you should look at the posts I have made on the (Sunni) Islamic forums I am a member on. Woops! Once again your making assumptions based on ignorance show a problem.

Suffice it to say that my original point was - non-Christian is not a unified group like Christianity is. On the group level it is systematic at least, which was probably was what I was (unclearly) referring to. But there is no book of non-Christianity, there are no non-Christian commandments. Focus on individual non-Christian groups with more defined philosophies if you like.
It does not matter. For it to be systematic it needs to be the majority who are doing it. A small amount of people in a group does not make it systematic.

I don't care if Dan Savage was the biggest hypocrite on the planet and actually loved the Bible so much he had every single translation ever made, and he read them inbetween insulting homosexuals while having sex with women - Christians are still in the wrong in their treatment of homosexuals, because Savage's behaviour does not change their behaviour, nor does it affect the validity or invalidity of what he said about the Bible.
please provide proof of this claim. the claim that christians are wrong in their treatment of homosexuals. by proof I expect you to provide proof of what my behaviour towards LGBT's is like. Ok I know you can't but at the end of the day you are making a statement from ignorance based on the actions of a few which is not agreed with by the majority. i do not personally know one christian who is aggressive towards gays or hateful. i do know non-christians who are. not to mention all those people who say they have no problem with gays but then use gay as a derogatory term. That shows they actually do have a problem with homosexuality.

I suppose expecting certain individuals to abide by the Christian rules about honesty is asking as much as expecting them to abide by the Christian rules about hypocrisy as well.
it would be like expecting you not to have double standards and hypocrisy!

Yeah, because vandalism and death threats are so up there with saying mean things into a microphone about a book.....:doh:
it is the exact same underlying behaviour at the end of the day. you can just look at surface if you want but I will look at the actual behaviour not the outcomes of the behaviour and be critical of both sides.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hoping on Savage's blog and running a few searchs (AIDS and herpes), here is what comes up:

Urine Love
October 7, 1999
by DAN SAVAGE

In a civilized nation such as Iran, they would have an intelligble solution to such a vocal proponent of filth.
What is wrong with drinking urine? i have known a few cancer patients to do it. urine is actually quite sterile and clean. it is the part of the body it comes out of that is a breeding haven for germs. Personally I can't imagine drinking it myself but those i have met who have claim it is helpful.

ifyou like the treatment in iran feel free to move there! i will happily stay where I am and continue supporting gay marriage in a small way. In a small way because gay couples have all the legal rights and protections that a married couple have in Australia other than calling it marriage. i don't think putting a big effort behind changing a identical ceremony name from civil union to marriage is that worthwhile.

Upvote 0
T

Theofane

And I agree with you 100%. But should two people that enjoy that be refused the right to get married because you find their sexplay to be distasteful?

No, not at all! It's none of my business what kind of sex-play a married couple engages in behind closed doors. In fact, I'd rather not know about it. I'll never be progressive enough for some people, and I'm okay with that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.